RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Yir Tiz

LEG 3 Terminating $500 TAB Voucher Comp

Admin/Scooby would you pin this please?.

Well that was a good entry turnout for the last 2 weeks, very satisfying.

So on to the final leg where it must be won!!.

Originally I was going to have 3 races and a "most wins, highest total" set up as I honestly thought it would not get to a 3rd leg.     In order to create a bit more fun & interest it will be 3 races but you participants will choose them .....sort of.

Sorry Mainlanders as there is not a Southern meeting for me to include this week.

So here is the challenge lets call it "Risk & Reward" scenario.

Wednesday afternoon I will nominate 5 races ,  4 NZ and 1 OZ.

(I will put up a template for entries as well)

You will choose ANY 3 of those 5 races and select one runner for an Eachway return, that should open things up a bit as someone could take it out with 3 decent place returns.

Scratchings go to next available runner in the field.

1 hour ago, Yir Tiz said:

Admin/Scooby would you pin this please?.

Well that was a good entry turnout for the last 2 weeks, very satisfying.

So on to the final leg where it must be won!!.

Originally I was going to have 3 races and a "most wins, highest total" set up as I honestly thought it would not get to a 3rd leg.     In order to create a bit more fun & interest it will be 3 races but you participants will choose them .....sort of.

Sorry Mainlanders as there is not a Southern meeting for me to include this week.

So here is the challenge lets call it "Risk & Reward" scenario.

Wednesday afternoon I will nominate 5 races ,  4 NZ and 1 OZ.

(I will put up a template for entries as well)

You will choose ANY 3 of those 5 races and select one runner for an Eachway return, that should open things up a bit as someone could take it out with 3 decent place returns.

Scratchings go to next available runner in the field.

With the amount of NZ interest in the Sydney Cup and Oaks, I will make these part of the 5 races and add another OZ race . Now the 5 nominated races for you to choose ANY 3 for your entry will be 3 NZ and 2 OZ. 

7 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Make sure you include the Queen Elizabeth at Ramdwick please 

I don"t  mind actually P4P as it is terminating so there is really no strategy in being a smart-arse and going for that Rating 75 2500 metre race Hastings as one of the races!!  :).

And with the OZ races it takes the comp to later in the day when most can settle down and watch their selections.

Also if anyone else has a suggestion for a preferred race I am happy to consider it on its merits. Also I can see we may be accused of collusion , so I will state here and now guys it is my $500  and ultimately my choice for the 5 races and at the moment  I'm content with 3 OZ races and perhaps the 2 big races at HB providing the field sizes are reasonable. 

9 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Yeah pick who runs second in the QE.

Just imagine if it was Consensus that ended WINX's winning streak, how cool would that be??. If Alysha was on I might take a side bet.

33 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

You are going to get race suggestions from everywhere YT....might be best if you nominate the races and leave it there.

Yes I thought that Ohoka when I posted it. The fact remains that it is terminating and also ANY 3 of 5 races, and if entrants use the QEll so be it . So maybe I have made it easier than ever as now really it is 4 races and choose ANY 3 to create your total.

I had a racing nut here yesterday and we had a drink or two on the deck and discussed possible twists for this leg, that got interesting!!.

I nearly included the rule that you had to choose if your total was calculated on FF or TOTE at race close, 

7 minutes ago, Yir Tiz said:

Yes I thought that Ohoka when I posted it. The fact remains that it is terminating and also ANY 3 of 5 races, and if entrants use the QEll so be it . So maybe I have made it easier than ever as now really it is 4 races and choose ANY 3 to create your total.

I had a racing nut here yesterday and we had a drink or two on the deck and discussed possible twists for this leg, that got interesting!!.

I nearly included the rule that you had to choose if your total was calculated on FF or TOTE at race close, 

Great comp YT and we've all had a bit of fun on the way through.

As Ohoka said I reckon you pick your own races and rules and the rest of us will be in having a go irrespective. Otherwise you will get idiots like me suggesting it suits me if you make all races R65 NZ races and no-one can pick a horse paying less than $6 :ph34r:

Sydney Cup field...

TAB No.

Horse

Trainer

Jockey

Barrier

Weight

ALMANDIN

Liam Howley

Damien Oliver

TBA

57kg

WHO SHOT THEBARMAN

Chris Waller

Blake Shinn

TBA

55kg

LIBRAN

Chris Waller

Brenton Avdulla

TBA

54kg

VENTURA STORM

David & B Hayes & T Dabernig

Glen Boss

TBA

53.5kg

SINGLE GAZE

Nick Olive

Kathy O’Hara

TBA

53kg

PRESTWICK

Yoshinori Muto

Joao Moreira

TBA

53kg

FIVE TO MIDNIGHT

Lisa Latta

Michael Dee

TBA

52.5kg

AUVRAY

Richard Freedman

Glyn Schofield

TBA

52kg

LORD FANDANGO

Archie Alexander

Craig Williams

TBA

51.5kg

ALOFT

Liam Howley

Kerrin McEvoy

TBA

51kg

FANATIC

David & B Hayes & T Dabernig

Jye McNeil

TBA

50.5kg

ZACADA

Murray Baker & Andrew Forsman

Dean Holland

TBA

50.5kg

SIR CHARLES ROAD

Lance O’Sullivan & Andrew Scott

Andrew Adkins

TBA

50kg

GALLIC CHIEFTAIN

Darren Weir

TBA

TBA

50kg

LASQUETI SPIRIT

Lee Curtis

Jay Ford

TBA

50kg

CISMONTANE

Gai Waterhouse & Adrian Bott

TBA

TBA

50kg

PATRICK ERIN

Chris Waller

Craig Newitt

TBA

50kg

PERIBSEN

John O’Shea

Corey Brown

TBA

50kg

ADMIRAL JELLO

Kris Lees

Grant Buckley

TBA

50kg

ORMITO

Darren Weir

TBA

TBA

50kg

21 emg

DOUKHAN

Kris Lees

Maybe you should have an option how many lengths between Winx and Consensus.

4 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Maybe you should have an option how many lengths between Winx and Consensus.

Yes I could do that or perhaps have that race with WINX out, and have 2nd-4th for calculations.

Quite honestly with the weather that is predicted for the next few days I can see fields here falling away with scratchings., as well as heavy/soft tracks prevailing

As this is terminating and I want everyone to have a fair suck of the sav at the $500, I will have a look at how things pan out weather wise and confirm the nominated race situation tomorrow.

If I have to add more races and raise the "ANY" number I will at that point.....for example 3 races at HB,Waikato, Sydney a total of 9 races and raise the choose ANY to ANY5 for entrants to have best chance of a competitive total.

If anyone has any track updates or idea what the tracks will possibly be I am all ears.

As this is terminating and I want everyone to have a fair suck of the sav at the $500, I will have a look at how things pan out weather wise and confirm the nominated race situation tomorrow.

If I have to add more races and raise the "ANY" number I will at that point.....for example 3 races at HB,Waikato, Sydney a total of 9 races and raise the choose ANY to ANY5 for entrants to have best chance of a competitive total.

I like your style YT - Back to the golden rule it is !  :)

Below is the final field and barrier draw for the 2018 Australian Oaks. Check out the form HERE.

No.

Horse

Trainer

Jockey

Barrier

Weight

ALOISIA

Ciaron Maher

Mark Zahra

56kg

HIYAAM

Mick Price