RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Lloyd J Gill

Hard Done By

I'm starting to feet somewhat aggreived on behalf of my friends Penny and David Denbee who are getting a very rough deal at the moment by the Wanganui greyhound club, who are running the meetings in the CD ,and I hope that some action is forcoming to rectify a pretty poor situation.Firstly a few weeks ago there greyhound Mickey The Rat was scratched due to no fault of theres(was put in the wrong trap) resulting in them missing a start(david took day of work,travelled to P.Nth and they didnt even get petrol voucher).This matter is meant to be enquired into but as yet I cant see that this is done.Then yesterday the last 4 races were abandoned due to the state of the track in which the club had to be at fault.Shudnt the last 4 races have had half of the prizemoney divided among the 8 runners in each race?As it is the club have transferred the 3 C2 heats to next week but as there dog is running on Monday they dont want to back up so have scratched from Wednesday as have several others.Now surely some compensation is forcoming for these two incidences where there dogs drawn to race were denied starts due to no fault of their own?

I'm starting to feet somewhat aggreived on behalf of my friends Penny and David Denbee who are getting a very rough deal at the moment by the Wanganui greyhound club, who are running the meetings in the CD ,and I hope that some action is forcoming to rectify a pretty poor situation.Firstly a few weeks ago there greyhound Mickey The Rat was scratched due to no fault of theres(was put in the wrong trap) resulting in them missing a start(david took day of work,travelled to P.Nth and they didnt even get petrol voucher).This matter is meant to be enquired into but as yet I cant see that this is done.Then yesterday the last 4 races were abandoned due to the state of the track in which the club had to be at fault.Shudnt the last 4 races have had half of the prizemoney divided among the 8 runners in each race?As it is the club have transferred the 3 C2 heats to next week but as there dog is running on Monday they dont want to back up so have scratched from Wednesday as have several others.Now surely some compensation is forcoming for these two incidences where there dogs drawn to race were denied starts due to no fault of their own?

Yes this sport is going down hill bigtime

I cant see young people wanting to get involved in an industry which is digging itself a grave

I cant see young people wanting to get involved in an industry which is digging itself a grave

We had plenty of greyhounds when I was 0 til I was 13. The dog I currently have shares in (Black Shelleen) is my first ownership in greyhounds. He had travelled up form Chch for race 9. That is an expensive trip to not have a race!

I am a new owner and I am simply not impressed that the clubs are not provideing safe racing surfaces. To me they broke their part of the deal yesterday. We provided a dog for their races who travelled far to be there. They didnt not provide the race they promised.....

all dogs get compensation .50% of the stake gets split between 8 runners

How about this. Have a dog last raced 30 nov. now the south island have this great new policy were if you get a start at chch on thursday or friday you go 2nd stringer for a start on tuesday.... hence why we are now have the worst form dog racing tuesdays (poor betting races)

But they still do allow dogs that nom and have not got a start for two meeting to get a run.

Now our dog did not get a start 3rd dec or the 10th of dec nor did it race thursday or friday

so we nom and put in place that we have missed in the two previous noms at chch we are given a start only then to be club scr because our nom on the 10th did not count because the meeting was abandoned.But the dogs that were in the abandoned meeting made money as they got 50% divided by 8 each.

So i really can see why the owners are getting fred up with all this carry on how the hell do you no where you are going to get a start?Even if you have got form you can not be sure you will get in as a dog with bad form may still get in ahead of you.Or there may not even be a race.Just wanting to give you the heads up boys i think 2 months is up.........

all dogs get compensation .50% of the stake gets split between 8 runners

Ray the class 2 hts have been transfered to Wednesday so technically they have not been abandoned??Do the 24 dogs get 50% of the stake divided between them still? i doubt it but thats how it should be.

Ray the class 2 hts have been transfered to Wednesday so technically they have not been abandoned??Do the 24 dogs get 50% of the stake divided between them still? i doubt it but thats how it should be.

No,that's not how it should be!

TOTAL stakemoney should be divided equally among all affected runners.

thats the clubs choice to transfer them to another day .the nzgra policy is that a race meeting be abandoned due to unsafe track etc the connections have to be paid out end of story.

will be interesting to see how this plays out. the meeting was abandoned and therefore runners that didnt get to race did miss out on a stake earning opportunity, irrespective of weather the heats were transferred or not.

The stakemoney should be paid out in my opinion, however I cannot find a rule or policy on the website that covers this (it may well be there I just cant find it) I do however recall the email several years ago regarding stakes payouts for abandoned races.

will be interesting to see how this plays out. the meeting was abandoned and therefore runners that didnt get to race did miss out on a stake earning opportunity, irrespective of weather the heats were transferred or not.

The stakemoney should be paid out in my opinion, however I cannot find a rule or policy on the website that covers this (it may well be there I just cant find it) I do however recall the email several years ago regarding stakes payouts for abandoned races.

I agree with you A.J and Ray will be interesting to see if they do get paid out as they didn't on the day.

I dunno, young people like drugs I thought?

K

Yes I know that Lloyd,however they should pay out the total stakemoney.

yes theyve gota fund there grandstand not important having a safe track!!!Just maybe they had to use the other 50% on the new equipment for the safe track!!

In all honesty, this is ****! We had one dog in as well near the end, traveled a fair distance and too, werent compensated. I bloody hope that one day the game sees a change in the way it's run. U no, us little trainers, we can bitch and moan all we like, but nothing is never done until trainers who are having success race after race have spoken, they really are "the fat lady!"

Poor bloddy Penny and David. Ol' Denbee will be tossing and turning!

Good on ya Llyod!

The club is paying out abandoned race money as required, the cheques were written out on the day unfortunatley all the trainers had left the track and they are being handed to the required trainers when they are on track next, how do the trainers feel about getting stake money paid direct into the bank instead of a cheque, you may have to wait untill the next day, or paid to the owner

Bev