RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
NeilD

Free Speed maps

In case you weren't aware, speed maps for all NZ greyhound races are available for free on the TAB App which can be downloaded here.

It is a very good tool for finding the realistic chances and false favourites. Winners that mapped to win yesterday at Wanganui were Extroverted $3, Shakti $9, Bigtime Autumn $1.60, Barge Bale $3.80, Cawbourne Crusty $1.20, Lucha $3, Alamein lady $4, See Eye Aye $3.30,

Dogs that mapped 2nd: Cawbourne Taber $2, Peppers Choice $11, World Freakshow $5

Not at this stage. Just no time to do them and can't go on paying others to do them as well.  The racing bodies aren't prepared to pay for the information that punters, especially in Australia, demand to have to get seriously involved. It is a shame as of all the codes, greyhound sectionals are the most useful to know.

Tried tweeting you, NeilD although I'm not quite sure if the tweets got through - don't tweet much. Anyway, I'm wondering why the (predictor) ratings for the 2nd dog meeting on any day are incomplete until late in the day or sometimes incomplete totally like for yesterday's 2nd meeting? Cheers

Thanks. David does most of the work behind the site. It is days like today at Manukau where the first 7 of 8 races were won by dogs mapped to lead that David and I get a real kick out of it. We know many punters use them, and combined with those who have a bit more knowledge, along with the Ratings and replays etc, you can have a lot of fun and hopefully make a enough to pay for the Sunday night out at the movies! And I can thoroughly recommend the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society movie ( the brief title is explained in the opening scene!

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:05 AM, Pyst said:

Another reason to dislike the TAB site changes. No fixed odds showing in FormPro tables. Please say they will be back soon.

I've changed the column to display the tote odds but I'd much prefer fixed odds.  These are no longer available via the XML and the naming convention is now not based on date, tab code and race so that makes it even harder to get the fixed odds off the new site.  I haven't given up yet but it could take a little while to sort out.

37 minutes ago, Daveski said:

I've changed the column to display the tote odds but I'd much prefer fixed odds.  These are no longer available via the XML and the naming convention is now not based on date, tab code and race so that makes it even harder to get the fixed odds off the new site.  I haven't given up yet but it could take a little while to sort out.

Yep, I prefer to see fixed odds for a reason that I can't quite explain. :) Thanks for the update. Hope you do manage to sort it out. Cheers.

Hi Neil. Emailing doesn't work so contacting you here again. Can you make a slight change to your website. The slidebar is giving my eyes hell - a strain to see the sliding bar because the colour doesn't stand out. Wonder if it could be a bit wider as well. Really missing the FF odds which you used to have.  I like the early indication of favouritism they  give - something to help make choices early in the day. Cheers

Sorry, missing something.  What do you mean by the sliding bar?  What page?

Yes, the FF is a real pain.  You may have noted that for a while TS couldn't display FF either but they have managed to find a fix.  There has been a fundamental change to how the data is displayed so as it stands, it's not possible to get the FF.  But I'm still trying to find a solution.

David

6 hours ago, Pyst said:

Really missing the FF odds which you used to have.  I like the early indication of favouritism they  give - something to help make choices early in the day. Cheers

It's often overlooked with the frustration and changes that there are some great people in NZRB doing their best … I've got some more testing to do tomorrow but we might have a solution for the fixed odds.  That would be outstanding.

21 hours ago, Daveski said:

Sorry, missing something.  What do you mean by the sliding bar?  What page?

Yes, the FF is a real pain.  You may have noted that for a while TS couldn't display FF either but they have managed to find a fix.  There has been a fundamental change to how the data is displayed so as it stands, it's not possible to get the FF.  But I'm still trying to find a solution.

David

The bar down the right hand side - on every page of your website.  The thing you grab with the cursor and drag up and down. At the moment it is 2mm wide in medium grey with the sliding button in a grey which is a little bit dark than the bar.  Thanks for the FF$ changes. :)   I see Race 4 of today's Wanganui Extra meeting is missing information.