RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jasonmccook1

WINX staying in OZ

The track horlicks raced on looked like dirt :ph34r:, if she had of raced at Belmont I see her in the 2.21 range, Secritariat was before his time as Armalite was in NZ pacing. Winx on another level 

20 hours ago, weasel57 said:

at the risk of putting the cat among the pigeons...and with a disclaimer.. I love Winx!

Q: when deciding her greatness In the pantheon of true champions of the turf (and she is definitely one of them!):

•  only one win over 2400m, against her own sex/age... how does she compare with Secretariat? (Belmont Stakes agst own age by 31L in time (2:24) that is still a world record

For me, there has never been a horse to surpass Secretariat.

Weasel, many years ago, some one (I don't recall who, but obviously wise) stated 'champions shouldn't be compared, merely admired'.   

Makes sense to me. :)

On 29/03/2018 at 2:23 PM, Mattski said:

I totally understand their reasons - but I am still a little disappointed they are not taking her to Ascot to show the European doubters how good she really is.

I can understand them not taking her this year....2017 was her year for Europe.  I also believe this is a missed opportunity for the Australasian breeding industry.  As its now a global industry we need to be taking every advantage to showcase our best....its insular to believe we don't need to prove how good our horses are to other markets....So l do hope AUSHORSE and NZTM can actually pick up the slack here and design a joint program to ensure we can send horses internationally (not Asia) to compete in Europe and the US. Even those sold to Hong Kong would be good candidates....as was seen a few years back with Little Bridge....Werther is another that would have been more than competitive in the Queen Anne....

Also, I think CW has missed an opportunity....whilst his current achievements are perfectly acceptable, I'm sure as a professional racehorse trainer a Group 1 winner on the international stage at Royal Ascot, would be a great notch on the belt.   I note that Lee Freedman maintains his Royal Ascot achievement is his greatest thrill in racing. But then CW has a long way to go to catch up to DLF's outstanding record and I'm sure CW would acknowledge that. 

So all in all, a disappointing but understandable decision....so let's look out for our next champion....after Black Caviar we didn't have to wait too long....

PS: yes the language in the news release is certainly OTT...announce your decision and leave it at that...don't keep justifying the reasons why!

I'm glad Winx ain't going to Ascot...La Zip you say "the international stage at Royal Ascot" ...well, isn't Moonee Valley an international stage on Cox Plate day? 

Winx's current rating is enough for me to feel comfortable that if any international challengers want to take her on, they can go to Oz in October and have a crack!

By the look in the glow in Winx's coat yesterday and how keen she looked in her work shown on Trackside yesterday at Royal Randwick we should count ourselves lucky she is going for 4 Cox Plates

It was disappointing CW  not giving reasons for not pursuing a group on at Ascot but he did state the "horses" welfare has always come first,so why risk the travel?

Would NZTR ever increase a races stake to entice her to have a start in NZ? the tracks would be fill like there were in the good era 

11 hours ago, weasel57 said:

I'm glad Winx ain't going to Ascot...La Zip you say "the international stage at Royal Ascot" ...well, isn't Moonee Valley an international stage on Cox Plate day? 

Winx's current rating is enough for me to feel comfortable that if any international challengers want to take her on, they can go to Oz in October and have a crack!

Sorry to hear you think that way Weasel, but as racing is a global industry, we need to be championing our horses at every opportunity to the international audience.  I do think going to Royal Ascot this year was not tenable...they should have raced there in 2017 but I still don't understand the decision not to go.  Yes, Chris Waller's lack of detail regarding the decision, apart from his stock standard response, is questionable.  

She could have raced and then gone to stud - perhaps a stallion such as Frankel would have been a bit of a coup?  She will always be counted as a great horse...but to have proved the point against all comers,  then there is no argument.

I will put it another way - what would happen if the All Blacks decided to only play in New Zealand and said "well you can all come and play us down here!"... after a while the gloss goes off them and the international rugby world would continue on with or without them......

But then again, Weasel,  your kind of thinking is a contributing factor to why NZ domestic racing is at the bottom of the pile....as you can see from yesterday's results at Randwick and Bendigo, NZ reputation is surviving on the deeds of its exports!

Well they will be irrigating like crazy this week at Randwick.  Compared to that other track (Rosehill) the forecast is for a heatwave this week.  Between 24 and 31 degrees C all week this week.

5 hours ago, pogo(aus) said:

Don’t be a complete idiot Zelda, what next , alter the barrier draw to assist another runner :blink:

conditions must remain unchanged, and fair to all.:P

Well for Black Caviar didn’t you Aussies in-fact alter the barrier draw for her by leaving a space beside her one time?

If it’s good enough for Black Caviar, why not Winx?

I see that a foreign bookmakkng site in Belarus has opened odds on  whether they water or not!

$1.03 to say they will.

$10.90 to say they won’t. 

What idiot would take the $10.90 Pogo?

come on insider you ARE joking are you not?

the stewards altered the barrier draw for black sardine to ensure a clear run, and guarantee no interference , no way !!

the sardine beat frankel, won a cox plate, epsom, doncaster, etc etc and 25 straight and beat off Zedi Knight .....

why would they do that...i think you are dreaming??

and u reckon the hoses will be on this week ?

its 35 here today and no end in sight to the hot weather.....come in Eton :D

Go Winx GYGT.;)

Poundforpound, you going to Randwick on Saturday reminds me of the day I went to Randwick to watch Octagonal in the QE 11 in what was to be his last start.

He was a raging hot favourite, most of Sydney was there to see him bow out on a winning note. Cerise caps and flags everywhere, videos of all his wins on sale, and what a let down it was.

I have a feeling Saturday could be the same if the track stays firm but I hope not.

Go your mare though. 

On ‎8‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:13 AM, La Zip said:

Sorry to hear you think that way Weasel, but as racing is a global industry, we need to be championing our horses at every opportunity to the international audience.  I do think going to Royal Ascot this year was not tenable...they should have raced there in 2017 but I still don't understand the decision not to go.  Yes, Chris Waller's lack of detail regarding the decision, apart from his stock standard response, is questionable.  

She could have raced and then gone to stud - perhaps a stallion such as Frankel would have been a bit of a coup?  She will always be counted as a great horse...but to have proved the point against all comers,  then there is no argument.

I will put it another way - what would happen if the All Blacks decided to only play in New Zealand and said "well you can all come and play us down here!"... after a while the gloss goes off them and the international rugby world would continue on with or without them......

But then again, Weasel,  your kind of thinking is a contributing factor to why NZ domestic racing is at the bottom of the pile....as you can see from yesterday's results at Randwick and Bendigo, NZ reputation is surviving on the deeds of its exports!

Happy to agree to disagree on this issue LZ... to play devil's advocate here, I note that Frankel never travelled to UAE, USA or even across the ditch to France in his stellar unbeaten career of 17 races and earning a gi-normous Timeform rating. Why should Winx have to travel half way round the world? IMO she has nothing left to prove. Let the Europeans chase the Ozzie dollars at MV when the Spring beaks through...haven't they already down it once (Adelaide)?