RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tuffy

Bring back the Informant

bettors....1.have very little or no information available,2.people cant make informed decisions and investments with decent statistical and relevent knowledge,3. they continually loose their money with bad selections,4.bugger that betting on horses,5.see ya' later,6. punter and future horse enthusiast lost probably forever.

But if The Informant is available and it is NOT being bought what is the point? It would appear that about 85% of The Informant's readers are also Race Cafe members. But what about the rest?

It was NOT a financial success, hence the reason it was a FAILURE

I know there were outlets trying to sell it and it was not selling - even when it was down to only having five copies each week, still there were returns!

But, saying that, good luck if y'all get it back. Make enough noise and perhaps those that can make a difference will. Having someone like Sir Patrick will obviously help

I was a subscriber til it folded, and don't cry over it folding. Best Bets/Turf Digest has improved greatly recently, with Aussie fields. I doubt Sir Patrick's concerns are for the small punter, more that he's missing full colour advertising for his stallions, and articles which peed in his pocket.

I know a talking sheep, funny thing is your name came up too

Yes, I had similar experience with same sheep. Funny thing is, he told me he had never seen one as small as mine. I said, forgive me, I is after all a small man, so things are in proportion including my brain.

Yes, I had similar experience with same sheep. Funny thing is, he told me he had never seen one as small as mine. I said, forgive me, I is after all a small man, so things are in proportion including my brain.

Odd thing for me to say abut my brain. Think it is fairly much the same size as most. I believe it is what you are able to do with it that counts. And on that score, I am miles ahead of the 'sheriff', no matter how hard he tries.

Speaking of which, according to that sheep, he doesn't go hard at all.

Maybe the sheriff and his 'rework' is done to compensate for some inadequacy of his. I would have thought that with all his supposed wit, he would have been able to debate a topic without throwing in the towel so early.

Odd thing for me to say abut my brain. Think it is fairly much the same size as most. I believe it is what you are able to do with it that counts. And on that score, I am miles ahead of the 'sheriff', no matter how hard he tries.

Speaking of which, according to that sheep, he doesn't go hard at all.

Maybe the sheriff and his 'rework' is done to compensate for some inadequacy of his. I would have thought that with all his supposed wit, he would have been able to debate a topic without throwing in the towel so early.

Or maybe, the sheriff only likes it when it is going his way.

But when the sheep said he could have his way, apparently he was unable to muster.

Totally agree with Bringing back the Informant...The Best Bets/Digest does not show the jockey's, does not show the owners of any horses..(and isn't it the owners that pay all the bills??)...you don't get the aussie form like the informant gave you...and you don't get all the news around the stables/studs etc..The informant was a great read with up to date stats and relevant information. Bring it back!

I was a subscriber til it folded, and don't cry over it folding. Best Bets/Turf Digest has improved greatly recently, with Aussie fields. I doubt Sir Patrick's concerns are for the small punter, more that he's missing full colour advertising for his stallions, and articles which peed in his pocket.

Sir Patrick is a very successful business man(not like a lot gone under lately)in the racing industry,so wouldn't it be in his best business interests to support a racing paper to keep people updated on whats available with his business.I also don't think the paper was only for the small punter,or it would not have lasted as long as it did.It was for anybody who wanted to be kept informed(hence name of paper)with racing information.Maybe you would prefer Sir P to advertise in the girl guides magazine?

If the Girl Guides, kindergartens, Horse And Pony, Cafe news, Needlework Weekly .........anyone and everyone.... wants NZRB's form, they should be supplied it, for FREE! A very bad decision I believe, to charge for it's use.

It is OUR form. MAKE IT AVAILABLE ... PLEASE! Promote the industry and THANK people who are happy to do it for us. Don't burn them.

Someone wrote on another thread that the loss of the informant may be a contributing factor to the serious state of the NZ racing industry.

But it seems from others on here, that readership was very low when it was here.

As Voorhees states, it can't be due to form, as that is available in lots of places. So the informant, whilst maybe being a 'nice to have' is hardly a major issue for the majority of the NZ racing public. So whatever impact it is having on NZ racing, it would be difficult to get to the point of believing that impact is large.

If you own a horse....is that horses form, your intellectual property or someone elses? ]

My opinion, and I've thought about this a lot in the past, is that pre trialling/ racing, your horse is yours. Then it becomes the intellectual property of the industry, to form an opinion on, bet or not bet on, talk about, praise or loathe, be photographed, written about, used for the industry. The owner may be sad, or glad, but really it's out of his/her hands once the horse is "out there" and in the system. Legally, I don't know.

But form for all races IS AVAILABLE FOR FREE, and that includes ALL AUSTRALIAN RACES[/quote

Not supplied free for publication. That is considered "competition" to TD and BB.

my guess is very very very small

In a previous thread on this topic a contributor called Pineview said the circulation was 3000 approx.

For mine I find it staggering that an industry desperate to promote itself and turn around waning interest, would allow such a publication to fold and not have something similar to fill the void.

We are very poorly served by horse racing publications in this country.

But form for all races IS AVAILABLE FOR FREE, and that includes ALL AUSTRALIAN RACES

Form is irrelevant to me in purchasing the informant,I purchase it for the main trackwork recorded on Tuesday & Thursday.I get many good divvies from this page.Can you tell me where I can obtain trackwork from Riccarton,Otaki,Levin,New Plymouth,Hastings.I don't think it's available.