RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Blue

OP

13 hours ago, Diver Dan said:

Crack jockey Opie Bosson's career is in turmoil after he was charged with providing a urine sample for another jockey.

New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing charged Bosson and Palmerston North jockey Bruce Herd after a tip-off led investigators to check the validity of one of the urine samples from random drug testing at a Waikato Racing Club meeting at Te Rapa on October 3.

The Waikato Times understands Herd was asked to provide a urine sample but allegedly had Bosson provide one for him.

Bosson and Herd could not to be contacted by Stuff.co.nz.

I can understand people being annoyed with what happened on Saturday but to bring into this thread something that happened back in 2009 you really are a muck-raker and I fail to see the point you are trying to make. Get a life.

I started this thread simply commenting that OP was unable to make weight a while ago and, knowing his history of ups and downs he might be just about to call 'time' on an illustrious career. Taking out the betting angle from his agent, yes, his agent should be well aware of the possibility he will be unable to perform on the day. If he's on retainer perhaps the weight factor wasn't taken into account when he was hired which it should have been. Furthermore, from an owners point of view I can understand an owner feeling a little miffed when he can't make the weight an hour before the race leaving, usually, few options for a suitable replacement. Someone mentioned the health issues from constant wasting. True that too, but in the end, if you can no longer stand the heat........................

OK - so here is an excerpt from the Stipes' Rpt from Arawa Park today ...  

GENERAL:
Stipendiary Stewards became aware on race morning that O Bosson was not attending the meeting. When contacted O Bosson’s Riders Agent advised that his wish to relinquish these rides had been agreed with the trainers involved on Saturday but due to a misunderstanding this information had not been passed on officially to the NRB or Stewards.

I don't know with certainty what the correct/accepted procedure/obligation is for a jockey/jockey's agent to undertake once they decide they are unable to attend the meeting the following day ...

I see on Weigh In yesterday Emily back to Murphy from Bosson ?? could that be a reason for the weight issues on OP's mind with relationship issues? if this is that case why did he not just stand himself down on Sires day as if not in the right mind-set  should not be riding?

4 hours ago, jasonmccook1 said:

I see on Weigh In yesterday Emily back to Murphy from Bosson ?? could that be a reason for the weight issues on OP's mind with relationship issues? if this is that case why did he not just stand himself down on Sires day as if not in the right mind-set  should not be riding?

She was on air this afternoon and referred to herself as Emily Bosson. So lets leave it that as anything else is none of our business.

22 hours ago, La Zip said:

Agree, let's drop it.....I will say she did a wonderful job on Channel 7's racing coverage of The Championships...she conducted herself with grace and style with good insiders knowledge...I have plenty of time for her as a Trackside presenter.

She is the best. Great presenter, great knowledge of racing and  attractive. Opie is a lucky guy.