RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
globederby12

Comps yawn

12 hours ago, globederby12 said:

Want a critiism Trump. As some have pointed out quite intelligently. Can't wait to meet you in the street some time. Idiot

Not sure what "Critiism" means - I couldn't find it in the Directory . As for meeting in the street - hardly likely. But what are you threatening? Violence? They lock people up for that...,

47 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

And Pete there is only one owner here... P4P is a bit abrasive at times but most who he goes after tend to ask for it to a degree... but I can promise you the site will be a fun and exciting place.

God I can't wait, going on the response so far to a simple question to start with. And that's all it was, a simple question , not a whinge or a critizism.  

To become a fun and exciting place must mean you are moving on Scooby??

38 minutes ago, N1MUE said:

How much did it cost you?

FYI N1MUE, when Treasure went amiss before the Oaks Insider and I decided that since Grego was most gracious and his first concern was for the horses welfare rather than the fact his remaining chance had been scuppered....because we both believed that Treasure would have been a real chance we chose to award him $200.00 for just being a really good sport and appreciating the spirit of the whole thing.

Apologies Liz as we probably would have preferred to have just kept that confidential, but now we have arses questioning our outlays...FFS really N1MUe and others.

I am seriously considering setting up a very easy to win comp and first prize shall be a session of 6 colonics at Frau Brauns.

7 minutes ago, Yir Tiz said:

FYI N1MUE, when Treasure went amiss before the Oaks Insider and I decided that since Grego was most gracious and his first concern was for the horses welfare rather than the fact his remaining chance had been scuppered....because we both believed that Treasure would have been a real chance we chose to award him $200.00 for just being a really good sport and appreciating the spirit of the whole thing.

Apologies Liz as we probably would have preferred to have just kept that confidential, but now we have arses questioning our outlays...FFS really N1MUe and others.

I am seriously considering setting up a very easy to win comp and first prize shall be a session of 6 colonics at Frau Brauns.

Lol

10 minutes ago, Yir Tiz said:

You're way off the mark here Yir Tiz.  I'm talking about the comp that involved picking 5 winners with a single pick in each race.

I have no idea what you're talking about with Grego and Treasure and some confidential arrangement, but if you want some recognition for that - congratulations!

12 minutes ago, N1MUE said:

You're way off the mark here Yir Tiz.  I'm talking about the comp that involved picking 5 winners with a single pick in each race.

I have no idea what you're talking about with Grego and Treasure and some confidential arrangement, but if you want some recognition for that - congratulations!

You really should enter the 
"Win 6 colonics Competition" i understand the treatment can improve ones memory!.

But for now I will help you out, please see below...it is the comp that you entered ...strangely enough right after Grego. It  involved picking the NZ Derby/OZ Guineas/NZ Oaks  winners.

Grego was the only one live going into Oaks week and then Treasure went amiss so really a no result situation.

As for congratulations nup don't need them . I just do stuff because I can!.

Grego

• Maiden - R50
  •  
  • Grego
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationHastings

Vin De Dance - Derby 

Grunt- Aus Guineas 

Treasure - Oaks 

Very kind of you Insider ☺

Black Kirrama reacted to this

N1MUE

• Open Class - R121
  •  
  • N1MUE
  • Members
  • 3,650 posts

Danzdanzdance (Derby)

Muraaqeb (Guineas)

Savvy Coup (Oaks)

Thanks

7 hours ago, Yir Tiz said:

You really should enter the 
"Win 6 colonics Competition" i understand the treatment can improve ones memory!.

But for now I will help you out, please see below...it is the comp that you entered ...strangely enough right after Grego. It  involved picking the NZ Derby/OZ Guineas/NZ Oaks  winners.

Grego was the only one live going into Oaks week and then Treasure went amiss so really a no result situation.

Now you're not reading (or not comprehending) what anyone is saying.

Insider referred to a simple little comp that she put up last Saturday.  This was the comp that I referred to in my original question.  I thought I made that clear in my subsequent post.

The excerpts you've posted are dated 2 March - that's a couple of weeks before "last Saturday" and is clearly a different comp.   And what's with the "strangely enough right after Grego" comment?  Am I supposed to remember every post I make and who posted immediately before me?

Great that you're sponsoring comps but no need to resort to calling people "arses" when you've missed the boat.

9 hours ago, globederby12 said:

God I can't wait, going on the response so far to a simple question to start with. And that's all it was, a simple question , not a whinge or a critizism.  

To become a fun and exciting place must mean you are moving on Scooby??

You sir are a dick and will be treated as such...cheers.

7 hours ago, hesi said:

???????

N1MUE's query of how much did it cost you, was in relation to the New Oaks Day Comp, where Liz, P4P and Yir Tiz put up a total of 1,000 for anyone who could pick the winners of the St Leger, Cuddle, Wellington Guineas, Lightning and Oaks

From memory, the best anyone got was 3 winners

All of a sudden a plethora of comps with big money prizes being thrown around......... mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hesi you are also getting put on the dick list.... you really have to be involved in everyones business..instead of minding your own.......maybe the comps are because the good racing is around...or maybe your 2nd Identity is newmarket...???? In which case you really are a dick.

And for those of you who think the comps are too hard or who have chose to rubbish them or the sponsors... please do not waste your time entering as your entries will be voided... there are plenty in here who appreciate what the decent folks who put up their hard earned for peoples enjoyment do... cheers....

Fair comment Scooby. The sun came up this morning and it looks like a beautiful day. You are correct that no one is forced to enter any competition. I'll leave it at that. Chestnut probably summed things up best, she is a wise woman.

20 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Noted, but these are fun comps with a twist.

The other forum is more about dry comps with no real entertainment value 

Probably an over reaction but we all have our bad days.

8 hours ago, barryb said:

Seriously WTF has it got to do with you Hesi.

The owners of this site can do as they please and don’t have to consult a nincompoop like you.

:D Now there's a word you don't hear everyday......certainly not on this site......

Many years ago for 3 years I put up a couple hundred bucks in prizes for a points based cup week comp involving all 3 codes over 7 days.I enjoyed it but last one I did their was an enquiry at Riccarton on the Wednesday and I posted points based on original placings,as I didn't realise their was an enquiry and we were going out for tea. When we got back from our meal I had a certain poster,no longer on site abusing the f$%@ out of me for being incompetent.Think that was last time I put my own money and effort in to running a comp. I appreciate all comps on here even the ones with no prize as the time and effort put in is very all consuming. My point is if you don't like it then don't join in,but please don't moan.

46 minutes ago, richie said:

Many years ago for 3 years I put up a couple hundred bucks in prizes for a points based cup week comp involving all 3 codes over 7 days.I enjoyed it but last one I did their was an enquiry at Riccarton on the Wednesday and I posted points based on original placings,as I didn't realise their was an enquiry and we were going out for tea. When we got back from our meal I had a certain poster,no longer on site abusing the f$%@ out of me for being incompetent.Think that was last time I put my own money and effort in to running a comp. I appreciate all comps on here even the ones with no prize as the time and effort put in is very all consuming. My point is if you don't like it then don't join in,but please don't moan.

Well said ritchie

Anyone running comps could do well reading up on the law. There are various restrictions. For example if the comp requires picking horse racing winners then that it is called encouraging gambling therefore legally is classed as "conducting gambling" and is different to a marketing type promotion.

Then there are conditions on jackpotting of prizes. That would restrict the hypocrital type conditions we saw with the 5 winners comp. All told a myriad of conditions and restrictions one can argue whether required or not but they are there.

15 hours ago, hesi said:

???????

N1MUE's query of how much did it cost you, was in relation to the New Oaks Day Comp, where Liz, P4P and Yir Tiz put up a total of 1,000 for anyone who could pick the winners of the St Leger, Cuddle, Wellington Guineas, Lightning and Oaks

From memory, the best anyone got was 3 winners

All of a sudden a plethora of comps with big money prizes being thrown around......... mmmmmmmmmmmmm

OK  it would seem that some have found the going a bit tuff in the comps or the prize has not been sufficient for the skill required .

So i suggest that you both N1MUE & hesi come up with a one day  comp for everyone here to enter. I will pledge up to $500.00 as long as you two match me , or up to an amount less than $500.00 if you both decide $250.00 each is a bit rich.

That could be a prize pool of $1000.00 cash.

I do not wish to be involved with the competition criteria at all, I just have one condition and that is the $$ prize is decided by4pm Wednesday the 28th march 2018 and the funds are deposited  with a reliable party (yet to be decided)   by Thursday the 29th march 2018 as I would assume you both would want to ensure that the prize is an assured lump sum for the winner/s. 

Interested in your thoughts and possible prize budget.

20 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

That’s got to the biggest dickhead “ fuck I’m a class A loser “ quote of the year

Why don’t you just let Darwin take charge and go rid this world of your twisted presence, you insignificant bottom feeding invertebrate.

I would say get a life, but on reflection I’d like you to do the exact opposite 

That passes the bounds of decency but that's the norm with you isn't it?