RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
globederby12

Comps yawn

12 minutes ago, Gruff said:

What’s about self promotion? I will retract my comp and you put up the money yourself smartass.Nothing for me to gain giving away my hard earned

I wasn't referring to you Gruff but to an earlier poster.  Strangely some are willing to financially aid that promotion.  Each to their own of course.  

5 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

That’s what you do, just as HQ gives significant amounts of money to the Sallies and City Mission each week.

I've been told on very good authority that the Pope (Rome) is very disappointed by that!

41 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

I wasn't referring to you Gruff but to an earlier poster.  Strangely some are willing to financially aid that promotion.  Each to their own of course.  

Strangely some are willing to financially aid that promotion.  Each to their own of course.  

Are you having a shot at me admin??

Just now, Yir Tiz said:

Strangely some are willing to financially aid that promotion.  Each to their own of course.  

Are you having a shot at me admin??

Not at all Yir Tiz.

2 hours ago, pete said:

Yeah it's amazing how some of us can actually enjoy a comp without having a financial carrot.

I think a certain person would get fatally exposed in one of PJs  competitions.

It was not what was meant the last time i removed things from here was a tipping service and people leaving tips... just so the story is straight.

3 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

It was not what was meant the last time i removed things from here was a tipping service and people leaving tips... just so the story is straight.

????

Sorry Scoobs the comment I made was certainly not directed at you.

4 minutes ago, pete said:

It just occurred to me why I enjoy the comps on the other category so much.

It's competitive 

It's fun

It's civilised

It's not polluted by self serving pillocks who are only on here to satisfy there on narcissism.

Burp. 

Acknowledge your promotional skills Mr Molloy but you made some disparaging remarks about the comps on the other category.

You don't strike me as an altruistic sort,

1 minute ago, mrzim said:

Let’s just enjoy any comp that is run on here.If there’s a prize good,if it’s just for bragging rights good.If it’s not your sort of comp then don’t enter,but don’t critisise,or make negative comments.Just enjoy.

Agreed but there is no need to classify the comps on the other category as boring. That's what has pissed a few people off.

Just now, pete said:

Acknowledge your promotional skills Mr Molloy but you made some disparaging remarks about the comps on the other category.

You don't strike me as an altruistic sort,

I honestly don't get where you are coming from. If you don't like  the competitions currently running on the main thread forget about it. Have any of us gone on the Tips and Competition thread and told you that it's boring crap? No. We simply stay away and don't get involved. That's what I suggest you do Pete.

1 minute ago, pete said:

Agreed but there is no need to classify the comps on the other category as boring. That's what has pissed a few people off.

Pete now you are dragging it on... nobody was meaning to take potshots at anyone... however GD started all this by opening a thread for no reason other than to whinge which was totally unnecessary... some of you in here really have some hide... the site is totally free... some of the members here put on comps for your enjoyment TOTALLY FREE and get told this is wrong that is wrong and the comps are not fair... geez what a sad sack bunch some of you are....as my father would say you would moan if your are was on fire!!!! Gimme a break!!!

Just now, Insider said:

I honestly don't get where you are coming from. If you don't like  the competitions currently running on the main thread forget about it. Have any of us gone on the Tips and Competition thread and told you that it's boring crap? No. We simply stay away and don't get involved. That's what I suggest you do Pete.

Your mate made a statement this morning on this thread which basically said that the comps on the other category were sterile and boring. Check back and you'll see what I mean.

8 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Pete now you are dragging it on... nobody was meaning to take potshots at anyone... however GD started all this by opening a thread for no reason other than to whinge which was totally unnecessary... some of you in here really have some hide... the site is totally free... some of the members here put on comps for your enjoyment TOTALLY FREE and get told this is wrong that is wrong and the comps are not fair... geez what a sad sack bunch some of you are....as my father would say you would moan if your are was on fire!!!! Gimme a break!!!

Scooby I know there are some big changes coming up on here. If Molloy is involved you are on a hiding to nothing.

Bye

4 minutes ago, pete said:

Scooby I know there are some big changes coming up on here. If Molloy is involved you are on a hiding to nothing 

Bye

Whatever you think...one person does not make or break the site... you are free to your opinion but don't bring your personal issues out in here...cheers..oh and you won't be banned.

Just now, pete said:

Your mate made a statement this morning on this thread which basically said that the comps on the other category were sterile and boring. Check back and you'll see what I mean.

Well he may well have done, but I see the comps currently being run on the main thread at the T20's or Day/Nighters as in Cricket and your lot as the Test Matches.

Each to their own I say.

I have put up my money so that others can have some instant fun, as have others. 

If we saw it your way, all of us would be over there in a flash, but we don't.

The simple little comp that I put up last Saturday got 69 entries. Have any of Yours?

I rest my case and that of Trump, Yir Tiz, Scooby and Poundforpound and all those that enter of their own free will.

2 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Me, not altruistic !!!

at HQ we give on average $600 a week to our two favourite charities.

What I give away on the side, for example I sponsored a race for $7500 at the last Ellerslie meeting, plus the comps here, is just giving something back because I love racing.

i took 23 guests to Burning Lamb two weeks ago, cost $8000

I’m taking 16 to Ed Sheeran tomorrow, private box, cost $7000

I might have many faults but suggesting I’m not altruistic or kind is way out of line.

No you're absolutely right Leo.i apologise profusely.

6 minutes ago, pete said:

Scooby I know there are some big changes coming up on here. If Molloy is involved you are on a hiding to nothing.

Bye

And Pete there is only one owner here... P4P is a bit abrasive at times but most who he goes after tend to ask for it to a degree... but I can promise you the site will be a fun and exciting place.

7 minutes ago, Insider said:

Well he may well have done, but I see the comps currently being run on the main thread at the T20's or Day/Nighters as in Cricket and your lot as the Test Matches.

Each to their own I say.

I have put up my money so that others can have some instant fun, as have others. 

If we saw it your way, all of us would be over there in a flash, but we don't.

The simple little comp that I put up last Saturday got 69 entries. Have any of Yours?

I rest my case and that of Trump, Yir Tiz, Scooby and Poundforpound and all those that enter of their own free will.

Point missed Liz. I never had a problem with comps on this category just objected to the ones on the other category being belittled.

Blimey :)

They seem to have quickfire comps on this forum and ones over several weeks on the other.. does it really matter?    It's just a thread, and there are loads of other threads on each forum so if you don't want to enter or read it.. just don't click the thread :) 

Life is complicated enough folks without making it complicated on here :)    Just enjoy xx and be thankful we have so much choice ;)

and yay Estijaab! :)