RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
globederby12

Comps yawn

2 hours ago, globederby12 said:

Why have we clogged up the TB site with comps when there is another site for competitions.

Scooby ???????

It's one thread Idiot! You don't have to open it!  Don't attempt an entry - it won't be accepted.

7 hours ago, Trump said:

It's one thread Idiot! You don't have to open it!  Don't attempt an entry - it won't be accepted.

Hi Trump,

I think Rees was trying to point out that there is 3 tipping competitions going on today on the Thoroughbred site, when there is an actual Tipping and Competition section on the website. I know some sponsors have requested that their competition be put on the Thoroughbred website, and Rees might not have been aware of this.

Cheers.

Robert.

The Tipping forum is for proper competitions with clear rules, etc....while this forum tends to have the novelty comps - sometimes some ambiguity, a bit of flexibility, not always a winner, .....

Rees has a point though - not long back threads were being shifted to the Tipping forum because this forum was deemed not the right place for tipping threads.  Just go with the flow Rees!

2 minutes ago, Trump said:

Yes. But his point is pointless. It doesn't clog up the site. He doesn't have to open a comp. It's not a "Tipping" Competition - none of them are. 

I guess it's a competition (?) and the other forum is called "Tips & Competitions" - but that's all just semantics. 

The thing is this is a public forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion, whether others like it or not.  You can just as easily ignore Rees' post - like you've suggested he ignore your "competition".  His post wasn't abusive or malicious.

9 hours ago, Trump said:

Want a critiism Trump. As some have pointed out quite intelligently. Can't wait to meet you in the street some time. Idiot

21 hours ago, globederby12 said:

Fuck there are some precious picks on here. It was a simple question asked in innocence and all one gets is abuse in return. Hey Scooby where in my post does it say I didnt like it

Hi Rees,

It is a pity things have got to this for you, as having met you, and your knowledge of all racing is valued, and you do have much to contribute to racecafe.

We can all interpret things differently at times, and life is too short, and plenty of things to look forward to, even if it is trying to get a win in this afternoons competitions.

Cheers.

Robert.

Just now, poundforpound said:

Noted, but these are fun comps with a twist.

The other forum is more about dry comps with no real entertainment value 

I have no issue, in fact it’s good to get people involved, especially those that put up the money, you and others are generous 

20 minutes ago, Portfolio said:

I have no issue, in fact it’s good to get people involved, especially those that put up the money, you and others are generous 

Bearing mind it is about self promotion and if you don't agree you get abused for your opinion.  Nice!

1 minute ago, 2Admin2 said:

Bearing mind it is about self promotion and if you don't agree you get abused for your opinion.  Nice!

What’s about self promotion? I will retract my comp and you put up the money yourself smartass.Nothing for me to gain giving away my hard earned