RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Jeep

Aaron White

Guest Hunterthenutter
On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 8:17 AM, Lee270744 said:

I went to Spectators the other week and a bottle of Corona cost $9-50 and whilst looking a bit bewildered a chap over my shoulder said you can get that for $5 at the Swamp. 

You would think if they are going to rob you they should wear masks.

spectators 9.50 that's cheap did long haired women serve you?? haha ten dollars for a beer at big trevs new lone star near chch airport

13 hours ago, Hunterthepunter said:

spectators 9.50 that's cheap did long haired women serve you?? haha ten dollars for a beer at big trevs new lone star near chch airport

I hope you didn't fantasize about serving it.

Guest Hunterthenutter
41 minutes ago, Lee270744 said:

I hope you didn't fantasize about serving it.

haha don't think so

Firstly, I'm back had rather busy few days......

flagU, I have no idea what your on about re my keyboard pal, suffice to say the Natives were taught how to scalp they certainly did not invent the action! do more reading better still find a Native American of Sioux decent and ask, alot have migrated here along with the Cherokee and Apache I'm sure they would be willing to elucidate you......and Basil, yes Russell Means was great man for and of the Sioux Nation there were others also, just to inform you it's not the use of the word Indian on its own, although it did come in for negative mention at times, it was use of 'red Indian' as previously stated in the same breath that caused the issues due the negative connotations (also explained), and no it is not over the top either.....to this day it is still considered racist and derogatory, it's offensive!

Cheers Iraklis

53 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

Firstly, I'm back had rather busy few days......

flagU, I have no idea what your on about re my keyboard pal, suffice to say the Natives were taught how to scalp they certainly did not invent the action! do more reading better still find a Native American of Sioux decent and ask, alot have migrated here along with the Cherokee and Apache I'm sure they would be willing to elucidate you......and Basil, yes Russell Means was great man for and of the Sioux Nation there were others also, just to inform you it's not the use of the word Indian on its own, although it did come in for negative mention at times, it was use of 'red Indian' as previously stated in the same breath that caused the issues due the negative connotations (also explained), and no it is not over the top either.....to this day it is still considered racist and derogatory, it's offensive!

Cheers Iraklis

Can't keep a top man down for long !!!!!!!!!!

18 hours ago, Iraklis said:

......and Basil, yes Russell Means was great man for and of the Sioux Nation there were others also, just to inform you it's not the use of the word Indian on its own, although it did come in for negative mention at times, it was use of 'red Indian' as previously stated in the same breath that caused the issues due the negative connotations (also explained), and no it is not over the top either.....to this day it is still considered racist and derogatory, it's offensive!

I was under the impression that the objection was to 'Redskin', not to 'Red Indian'. So I checked with the Chippewa wife of a mate of mine and she confirmed this (although she did also say that 'Red Indian' is very rarely heard these days, probably because of its similarity to 'Redskin').

But it's all just words anyway.  Which, as my grandpappy used to say, never hurt no-one.

So feel free to call me whatever names you like.:D

15 minutes ago, Basil said:

I was under the impression that the objection was to 'Redskin', not to 'Red Indian'. So I checked with the Chippewa wife of a mate of mine and she confirmed this (although she did also say that 'Red Indian' is very rarely heard these days, probably because of its similarity to 'Redskin').

But it's all just words anyway.  Which, as my grandpappy used to say, never hurt no-one.

So feel free to call me whatever names you like.:D

Ok 

basil.jpg

Basil mate re-read my original post you'll understand what was said, as I have stated they are both equally offensive, there are further connotations as to why and I have alluded to both, that said I have absolutely no intentions of callin you anything whatsoever :rolleyes: would kinda defeat the purpose wouldn't it......

Native American Nations are large and complex much like the Native Maori with hapu's and sub-tribes etc etc, and they all have differing views and levels of what's offensive, racially motivated slurs and such, however Native American's by and large consider those terms downright bloody rude (to put it in our terms) I found out the hard way, was roundly told in no uncertain terms (very bloody scary terms at that), once it was explained I realised why and apologised for my disrespect and made damn sure to never do it again......just wishing to inform was all :)

Cheers Iraklis

Guest Hunterthenutter
5 hours ago, Spikecity said:

Ok 

basil.jpg

better not be  a blow up boom boom haha

19 hours ago, Spikecity said:

Ok 

basil.jpg

:D I was thinking more along the lines of this

BasilDean.JPG.c3782bd6dbdbcbeb2d496eac6f8ec9a3.JPG

or perhaps this

article-2188420-0C9CFBB300000578-690_472x313.jpg.ac906ad6464bc67413fbf8899515995f.jpg

The real point though is that being "offensive" is not a reason for not saying something. If that were the case, nobody would ever be able to say anything, since somebody will always find something "offensive" in everything...

Which, getting back to this thread, is why I have no problem with the tack Brodie took. Yes, it may have been irrelevant, it may have been tasteless, and it may even have been "offensive", but he's perfectly entitled to be all of these if he so chooses.

Basil mate, I was actually tryin to be kind by sayin yesterday 'offensive' and the real point is, as I already stated earlier what was said was 'culturally insensitive' racist etc etc at start of my postings....pointless tryin to add to what I have already said, you and others may be quite happy with brodie and his 'tasteless and irrelevant' statements thats fine, but there are those of us who aren't, I say again I originally posted to inform! you yourself went off to 'check' with yuh mates missus and can tell you now you would've got a severally abridged version of a Native American's real view of the subject, come on now......there is no excuse for bad manners IMHO mate no matter how you wanna dress it!

To your photo of harness horse, that would have to be the mighty Basil Dean? corr he was summit in action.....

Cheers Iraklis

While we are talking about strange sayings,  what's with  "Getting a nice run in the Van".  I think Mark Mac is a great caller but find that saying a bit weird.

13 minutes ago, lamour said:

While we are talking about strange sayings,  what's with  "Getting a nice run in the Van".  I think Mark Mac is a great caller but find that saying a bit weird.

Comes from "in the vanguard" meaning a group of people leading from the front, eg attacking the enemy in war, or putting forward a new idea etc.