RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Jeep

Aaron White

I will probably get smashed from our Auckland members but why do they have Arron commentating on Auckland’s big nights ?

Repeating the same old lines that have become soooo boring , always reminding us of the drivers nick names and the” all dressed up and no where to go “

line that drives me crazy !. I would suggest that Matt Cross would be a  valuable addition for Alexandra Parks premier nights.

Just a thought !

Serious??   Are you really serious or just "stirring the pot".      And Jeep, if you went along to Alex Park,  the commentaries cannot be heard in many of the areas because of the incessant chatter (which increases glass by glass) by the patrons who neither bet or even have a Race Card or trusty Best Bets in their possession which means if you detest Aaron that much, well you wouldn't even hear him.   Matt Cross may be a prospect of the future but as a South Islander not the right person to have running the ship in the North - afterall there is enough South Island domination in the sport as it is!

11 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

If commentators were judged on how many horses they mention in the home straight Matt Cross would score poorly and would not be alone.

Correct you are KH, despite what he thinks MC has a lot to learn about a lot of things.

34 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

Correct you are KH, despite what he thinks MC has a lot to learn about a lot of things.

Really?? Matthew Cross has never come across as a know it all, and certainly has less to learn than A. White.

You need a filly with a bit of spunk apparantly to win Group 1 races.

I like my commentators to have a bit of spunk as well - to paint the picture that many can't see, for whatever reason.

If you don't like it, turn the bloody sound down.

“People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

Personally think that Canterbury has the best commentators by far and always have had.

Matt Cross is very good at commentating as well as knowledgeable in regards to picking as he does his homework I would say.

Mark MacNamara is no. 1 and Matt would be no. 2 and as you know Brodie is always on the money!

Both have good wit as well

2 hours ago, Jeep said:

I will probably get smashed from our Auckland members but why do they have Arron commentating on Auckland’s big nights ?

Repeating the same old lines that have become soooo boring , always reminding us of the drivers nick names and the” all dressed up and no where to go “

line that drives me crazy !. I would suggest that Matt Cross would be a  valuable addition for Alexandra Parks premier nights.

Just a thought !

Not smashed Jeep, you might just need a bit of panel work!!! Racecafe is for people to share their opinions, and in this case I would not agree with you. Every commentator has their own style, and they are describing the action for people listening, rather than watching.

I am not sure where you live, but if you are in Auckland sometime, let me know and I will see if I can arrange a visit up to meet Aaron.

Cheers.

Robert.

Aaron has a good voice but he needs to fine tune some things.

get rid of his nicknames for the drivers as I am pretty sure David Butcher is not a red indian

the other sayings he uses every race is also annoying.

Robert, if he is calling for radio listeners then it would good if he could at least call the first 4 home before he goes into theatrics and tells everyone about the drivers family etc

12 minutes ago, Brodie said:

get rid of his nicknames for the drivers as I am pretty sure David Butcher is not a red indian

Robert, if he is calling for radio listeners then it would good if he could at least call the first 4 home before he goes into theatrics and tells everyone about the drivers family etc

Hi Brodie,

Hey, this is all good, and I am sure Aaron will welcome the feed back.

Cheers.

Robert.

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Personally think that Canterbury has the best commentators by far and always have had.

Matt Cross is very good at commentating as well as knowledgeable in regards to picking as he does his homework I would say.

Mark MacNamara is no. 1 and Matt would be no. 2 and as you know Brodie is always on the money!

Not quite on the money in the literacy stakes but could improve after going to Spec-Savers.

Double R  !  Please be assured I am not knocking the bloke personally , Iam sure he is a nice guy .

All I am saying is , Is he the right voice to commentate big races on our second best race course !

Ha ha ,now I will cop it for saying that !  

5 hours ago, eljay said:

Serious??   Are you really serious or just "stirring the pot".      And Jeep, if you went along to Alex Park,  the commentaries cannot be heard in many of the areas because of the incessant chatter (which increases glass by glass) by the patrons who neither bet or even have a Race Card or trusty Best Bets in their possession which means if you detest Aaron that much, well you wouldn't even hear him.   Matt Cross may be a prospect of the future but as a South Islander not the right person to have running the ship in the North - afterall there is enough South Island domination in the sport as it is!

Are you serious buddy.  His constant "all dressed up no where to go" is incredibly cringeworthy.  Not to mention constant referrals about the wizard, the chief, the magic man, the iceman does very little to me.  Have also noticed either horses he tips or has punted (not sure if he likes a bet) he gets wrapped up in how their performing rather than calling the race.  Not an easy job im sure, just thankful we have Matt Cross, Mark Mac and Davey Mac in the south running A.White  into the kitty litter!!

1 hour ago, Jeep said:

Double R  !  Please be assured I am not knocking the bloke personally , Iam sure he is a nice guy .

All I am saying is , Is he the right voice to commentate big races on our second best race course !

Ha ha ,now I will cop it for saying that !  

Hi Jeep,

Great to have you part of this website, and expressing our thoughts is part of a democracy, and as I said to Brodie, Aaron will welcome feed back.

Cheers.

Robert.

Guest Hunterthenutter
2 minutes ago, Booby Bec said:

Are you serious buddy.  His constant "all dressed up no where to go" is incredibly cringeworthy.  Not to mention constant referrals about the wizard, the chief, the magic man, the iceman does very little to me.  Have also noticed either horses he tips or has punted (not sure if he likes a bet) he gets wrapped up in how their performing rather than calling the race.  Not an easy job im sure, just thankful we have Matt Cross, Mark Mac and Davey Mac in the south running A.White  into the kitty litter!!

true booby bec mark mac matt cross and Davey mac are great at race calling will not get any better race callers

Mark Mac's the best! you guys in the south are bloody lucky there, love the way he calls he's clear and informative and you certainly know where the horses are, don't know bout Aaron at times, it's almost like he's at a loss sometimes which horse is which and where......

Jeep, jeep, jeep, mate Alex Park 2nd best racecourse? I don't bloody think so, what the hell you up to ay? ay? :D yup yuh will cop it for sayin that, Alex Park is definitely number 1! love goin to Addington, but Alex Park whole new ball game.....

Cheers Iraklis

47 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

Mark Mac's the best! you guys in the south are bloody lucky there, love the way he calls he's clear and informative and you certainly know where the horses are, don't know bout Aaron at times, it's almost like he's at a loss sometimes which horse is which and where......

Jeep, jeep, jeep, mate Alex Park 2nd best racecourse? I don't bloody think so, what the hell you up to ay? ay? :D yup yuh will cop it for sayin that, Alex Park is definitely number 1! love goin to Addington, but Alex Park whole new ball game.....

Cheers Iraklis

Sorry Iraklis, Addington rules, always has , always will. Alex doesn't have the "mana "or as much History. Period.:)

5 hours ago, Brodie said:

I don't always agree with Brodie, but this time he is on the money.

McNamara is excellent and Cross is promising and despite his youth is better than many other commentators in NZ. I think you can add Dave McDonald to that list too. While McDonald has lost some of his skills, due to ill health I believe, he is still better than White and other North Island commentators. 

7 hours ago, Jeep said:

Just a thought !

Sorry can't agree....I find his commentaries and information generally very good.

As for the saying mentioned.....when he uses that you know your horse is really trapped...usually hard held ,3 back on rails in a packing field.

When he doesn't use it you can assume the field is splintering and the 3 back on rails slot maybe not so serious !

Plus he's not using it every round every race !

Aaron doing fine IMO !

4 minutes ago, Thejanitor said:

I don't always agree with Brodie, but this time he is on the money.

McNamara is excellent and Cross is promising and despite his youth is better than many other commentators in NZ. I think you can add Dave McDonald to that list too. While McDonald has lost some of his skills, due to ill health I believe, he is still better than White and other North Island commentators. 

So you agree with Brodie most of the time obviously

Toss up between Davey Mac and Mark Mac if I wan't to have a really good idea what is happening in a race. Both not perfect in the last 100m (too few horses mentioned) but they are generally race callers not entertainers. That is the horses job, it is what it is.

Now if the commentator has to be an entertainer too, give me Jason Teaz every day of the week and twice on Sundays. I am still chuckling away after his Waikouaiti 2nd day effort.

5 hours ago, Brodie said:

I too have to say I agree and for once boogie is on the money - doesn't happen often but credit where it is due. Even Limoso was on the money tonight

Guest Hunterthenutter

bring back lachie marshall joking