RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nice Option

Well done Ellerslie

5 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Good idea... though it needs to be expenditure that doesn't take away from what is required to fix the track to a standard comparable with those that the tie up block is being compared with.

Yes good point.  Add the $6m to what they are going to waste on the quick track fix and you might be over half way there.  I don't understand what is wrong with the current stables and tie up area.  As they are now they are certainly better than any other track in New Zealand.

Are the stables going to double as accommodation for conferences when the race course is not being used?  Might work during the 3 months the track is closed.

6 hours ago, 2Admin2 said:

Yes good point.  Add the $6m to what they are going to waste on the quick track fix and you might be over half way there.  I don't understand what is wrong with the current stables and tie up area.  As they are now they are certainly better than any other track in New Zealand.

Are the stables going to double as accommodation for conferences when the race course is not being used?  Might work during the 3 months the track is closed.

The track “fix” will work so long as they don’t continue to thrash the track. 

Give back Avondale their rightful dates and Ellerslie will end up perfect. 

Which 10 Comandment is trying  to say what I can’t?

Exactly. That's say half the cost of a Strathayr. I've never heard a complaint about the tie ups at Ellerslie from horse people, the providers of the product, or from punters, the other key funders of the game. Lots of complaints from both about the state of the track though.

8 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Exactly. That's say half the cost of a Strathayr. I've never heard a complaint about the tie ups at Ellerslie from horse people, the providers of the product, or from punters, the other key funders of the game. Lots of complaints from both about the state of the track though.

Once again another example of where our priorities are all wrong.

13 minutes ago, Insider said:

Surely it wouldn't cost much to get Avondale back to being a fully functioning track. Contrary to what many people think, it was actually the expenditure on facilities, not night racing, that sent Avondale broke, so they must have some reasonable basic facilities. I know we are talking about the 80s, but they should still be ok.

19 minutes ago, Insider said:

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s goods?

17 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Surely it wouldn't cost much to get Avondale back to being a fully functioning track. Contrary to what many people think, it was actually the expenditure on facilities, not night racing, that sent Avondale broke, so they must have some reasonable basic facilities. I know we are talking about the 80s, but they should still be ok.

Have you been there lately?.

Its a hovel.

32 minutes ago, Leggy said:

I don't know, I know for a fact that there have been an increase in complaints about the stabling area lately. Things like not enough tie ups and the barn gets extremely muggy on hot days, which means they have to open the roller doors (not very practical). I think the new stalls are a good idea as it may make it better for owners and the public to get access to the horses pre and post race.

Geez if they complain about Ellerslie what on earth do they say about Trentham!

2 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Geez if they complain about Ellerslie what on earth do they say about Trentham!

To be fair, they do have a limited number of stalls and that barn can be pretty dangerous when its full, lots of horses going everywhere

Probably about time they got a purpose built facility.

4 minutes ago, Berlog said:

To be fair, they do have a limited number of stalls and that barn can be pretty dangerous when its full, lots of horses going everywhere

Probably about time they got a purpose built facility.

Are you talking about Ellerslie or Trentham?

2 minutes ago, Berlog said:

sorry, I meant Ellerslie

Wasn't it purpose built in the first place?

Just now, 2Admin2 said:

Surely the money would be better spent on the track?

I don't disagree at all that money spent on track is nothing but good for our industry but I still think it's not a bad investment from the club.

I know it's not a superb surface, but Ellerslie's track isn't really too bad is it? In comparison to the rest of the country especially!!!

36 minutes ago, barryb said:

Have you been there lately?.

Its a hovel.

No I haven't, and I have never been into the public stand. I have driven past that is all. Where did they go wrong? A lot of NZ tracks have some embarrassing facilities, largely because they used to have so many old wooden buildings that they now can't afford to maintain, and have no need to maintain. Hawera is a classic example. In most cases they should just bulldoze must of the buildings and maintain one really nice building for the small crowds we now get. In Australia the likes of Mornington have virtually no public facilities at all and it seems to work. Do it smaller but better would be my approach.