RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Power To Queensland

This stallion is doing a very good job leaving another new winner today at Te Rapa.

i can’t believe that he was banished from NZ.I have a cracking weaning filly that I will be retaining.

i sighted a very nice weaning Power filly ex All By Myself at Brighthill She is selling on Monday at Karaka and is worth inspecting 

In AUS/NZ Power has now had 38 starters for 23 winners, including 3 stakeswinners and a further 5 stakes placegetters. 21% stakes performers to runners in NZ/AUS

Why would u ditch a young stallion with a record like that??    Both Oasis Dream shuttlers (incl Showcasing) no longer coming to NZ.

Power is one stallion that should not have got away. His winners during this weekend were quality runners in Singapore and NZ.

He will be a similar sire to Showcasing (they are by the same sire) in time.

On 5/22/2018 at 7:47 AM, Richard Cottle said:

Agree 100% Woodbine, in that Power is one stallion that shouldn't of got away - would love to know if it was a Cambridge stud or Coolmore (owners?) decision?

Change of relationship with Patrick moving on may have been a big influence to the decision? A lot of other stallions in a similar spot as him should have priority this year of Cambridge's focus I guess with them fully owning the other stallions. If he does come up, at least he will have potentially a full Aussie book. May have the potential to come back if he comes up?

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

I find it interesting that it is somehow considered a demotion if a stallion gets sent from NZ to Australia.

He is going from Cambridge Stud to Oakland's Stud in Queensland, not quite the Hunter Valley!.

Looks like he is off the roster at Coolmore in Ireland so likely has been sold, did only shuttle to Cambridge Stud (not owned by Cambridge Stud)

With the banishment of Power to a small stud in Queensland (I can’t locate a website for their business) what type of opportunity is he going to get there..

There is a lesson to be learned here and that is to be careful breeding to any shuttle stallion not partially owned or controlled by NZers

Yep and the news keeps getting better for POWER...as of last week here in NZ, he had 26 individual 3YO starters for 17 individual winners of 29 races....and remember many of his first season progeny were sold offshore....so let's have a look at the stats of BURGUNDY...19 individual 3YO starters for 8 winners of 13 races...yep, looks like they're on a winner with him!

And as for Highly Recommended....he's had 27 3YO starters for 8 individual winners of 10 races...

Power’s Racing stats must compare favourably against Zacinto and he will probably receive a full book next season

So the lesson is if you have a Power yearling or weaning you should race it

17 minutes ago, WOODBINE said:

Power’s Racing stats must compare favourably against Zacinto and he will probably receive a full book next season

Definitely a fair comparison, 2 young stallions doing a really good job early on, Power has scope to improve also as his current crop of weanlings has over 100 foals on the ground (nearly double than anyother crop)

Zacinto has 5 stakes winners from only 57 runners 8.7% stakes winners to runners (including 2 in Australia), and running at 54% winners to runners early on so has made an excellent start particularly as it has been done of a low service fee in the South Island.

Powers overall stats have been compromised from his shuttling record in IRE/UK

But in NZ/AUS/SING Is 44 runners for 26 winners (59% winners to runners), and 3 stakes winners (6.8% stakes winners to runners), also has another 6 stakes placegetters to is running overall at 20% stakes performers to runners in NZ/AUS/SING which is a tremendous start.

Another new stakes winner last night in Singapore- Mr Clint easy winner of Singapore Guineas G1

This sire is leaving classic colts and fillies with 100+ foals on the ground going forward.

Remember that he had the Cambridge Stud start.

On 5/26/2018 at 5:41 AM, WOODBINE said:

I’m Wondering how Zacinto will get a full book of 150mares in 2018...at a fee hike to $15000....with an eclectic array of new stallions (including their own new horse) going to Stud this year, following an amazing new lot of stallions  in 2017...I hope there will be enough quality mares around in NZ to substantiate the endless round of fee increase announcements. Or are these fee hikes in anticipation of the Messara Report? 

With increased mares numbers on Gavelhouse each session I’m not sure I’m understanding the logic of these stud masters 

it seems to me the over riding factor for stud masters is not race track performance but what the progeny make (or don’t make) in the sale ring...so owners breeders will continue to leave the industry faster than NZRB spending habits, making both racing & breeding elements of the industry unsustainable...or just a farm for Asia.

I see Raheen Stud in Queensland has secured Heroic Valour.... interesting pick up for them. I thought with all the new stallions going to Stud in NZ this year, he would have been a prime candidate...but alas, it seems that there are enough sons of FR so it’s up to some other poor sod to take up the battle......albeit he was a nice race horse. 

Raheen is a lovely Stud, produces lots of race winners....soil is rich..black, black, black..and is irrigated. Saw in recently and they can carry reasonable number of mares to a hectare...rich & lush. 

Good luck to the Nolan family...I hope they can make this horse work...