RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

Golden Slipper F4 Challenge

Rain forecast all week in Sydney.  Might trip up some of these two year olds.

23 minutes ago, Nearco said:

Given that I struggle to pick a winner these days, her's mine, just on breeding

17 is an emergency. Might get a run . Not normal for scratchings in this race but with rain lurking some may pull the pin 

12 hours ago, Trump said:

How the hell have they got Aylmerton at 16-1 Trumpy. That's madness with Berry riding. He could be anything this bloke and Coolmore have bought a share in him this week. His Sire Siyouni has gone from 7000 to 75,000 Euro in four years...he's the next big thing.

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:12 AM, Trump said:

"Life was not meant to be easy" - quote PM Malcolm "Pants down" Fraser. So,, only 4 picks. Besides, this years Slipper is a 2 horse race, so you're really looking for 3rd and 4th.The first entry lodged that is correct will win the prize. In the event that nobody picks the F4, the prize is not won. We don't accept mediocrity or reward poor performance - we leave that up to NZTR/RB and WP. Entries close at 12 noon NZ Time. If you have a late scr then in descending order, to keep you alive your scratched horse will be replaced with the very next numbered horse below. Eg, if you have No 10 to run 3rd and it's scr, it's slot will be filled by No 11, or, if u already have 11, then No 12 and so on. Clear?. Scooby if u can close the comp at 12 noon NZ Time on Sat that would be great. Ok all? Do your study - the Slipper usually throws up a roughie in the placings. By the way, Scoobs, I'll give you the priv of banning anyone from taking part in this comp, after all, it's your Forum. It's only for Experts - no Amatuers please :) I'll contact you Leo to find out where to deposit the purse. If I've missed something re the comp, please tell me, other than that, BarryB, please come in! :) 

Can my pick be that no-one gets the F4 in the Slipper in this comp? No? Damn... i'll have to do some research *after the barrier draw is out and scratchings advised).

4 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

How the hell have they got Aylmerton at 16-1 Trumpy. That's madness with Berry riding. He could be anything this bloke and Coolmore have bought a share in him this week. His Sire Siyouni has gone from 7000 to 75,000 Euro in four years...he's the next big thing.

Simple Ohakason. I think he's on his first prep and he has Sunlight and Written By to get past. Anything outside those two you'll get a good price. But what price a loser? :( You can get $19 on Ladbrokes....

7 hours ago, weasel57 said:

Can my pick be that no-one gets the F4 in the Slipper in this comp? No? Damn... i'll have to do some research *after the barrier draw is out and scratchings advised).

Don't forget track conditions.

8 hours ago, weasel57 said:

Barrier draw out days ago ? 1st in best dressed remember:)

7 hours ago, Trump said:

Simple Ohakason. I think he's on his first prep and he has Sunlight and Written By to get past. Anything outside those two you'll get a good price. But what price a loser? :( You can get $19 on Ladbrokes....

Worth a punt. All I know is he has been impressive both times, has won in the wet, and ran 1.08.8 winning the Todman which nothing else has come close to. On that alone he must have a shot, throw in Tommy Berry and good draw......:rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Worth a punt. All I know is he has been impressive both times, has won in the wet, and ran 1.08.8 winning the Todman which nothing else has come close to. On that alone he must have a shot, throw in Tommy Berry and good draw......:rolleyes:

I tend to agree and he comes into the race fresher than the other two.  Written By ground out his win in the Pago Pago and Sandbar really put it to him.  Not knowing how he was trained for that race I would have thought he would have run a better time and won it easier.  The Pago Pago isn't a good guide to the Slipper winner - was Stratum the last to win both and not many others?

Correct. You would think both Written By and Sunlight were underdone last week and will have improved for the big one.

Fascinating race all round with unbeaten horses, some under clouds, inter state raiders.....should be a beauty.....

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

He's a big chance but - I have friends with neddies in the McEvoy  Stable and the opinion of Sunlight is "*****"

4 minutes ago, Peter Jenkins said:

My 4 in order are:

Written By

Santos 

Long Leaf

Performer

....all with wet track form....they will need it !

Well not according to P4P!!!

11 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

It's a soft 6 this morning at Rosehill and rain forecast for Thursday and Friday. Do the math :)

10 minutes ago, Peter Jenkins said:

It's a soft 6 this morning at Rosehill and rain forecast for Thursday and Friday. Do the math :)

Yes I just checked the 10am (Sydney time) update.  Now a S6 and much more rain forecast for tomorrow.  By "more rain" I mean 2 to 3 times what they have had today.