RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pete

Ellerslie track

1 minute ago, pete said:

Jeez that track looks awful. They need to do a whole lot more than fixing a few drains.

They seemed to be kicking up sand.

31 minutes ago, pete said:

No argument there Scoobie but when they are avoiding the inside on a Good 3 you clearly have problems.

The track does need work for sure, but the fact still remains racing was good, good horses won and the finishes were close in a lot of them....

Poundforpound and other lovers of Ellerslie........

When they do the lateral drainage, attend to the overall surface of the track, rest it, and then space the racing next year it will be excellent

They need to drop some of the meetings between October and March (maybe 3, possibly 4) so that the Carnival/Group Races are run on the best surface possible. 

I can be be done or will be possible if they don’t continue to be greedy trying to attract the yuppie (for want if a better word) crowd, and run too many minor twilight meetings. 

Compare Ellerslie to Randwick today where they ran race records or track records in nearly every race.

1 hour ago, Portfolio said:

Problem I have is frontrunners nowadays. Yesterday year, most set a genuine pace, even put plenty of space on the rest of the field. 

Now, it’s a rush to the front, then pull up, it stuffs up the race. 

So the problem is our jockeys? You know what you need to do to win and if you can judge pace you should have a fair idea when you’ve left your run to late? Got to be a tricky balance but they were running time on a regular basis in the past now you see 2.19 2200m with the field running sub 34:blink:

4 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Still good racing...big win by a nice 2yo,great all the way win in the Bonecrusher and a great finish in the Cup and well done to all the connections of all the winners.

"great all the way win in the Bonecrusher" - you mean a walk and sprint home? our Group 1 racing need some pace...they have been walking all season

1 in 12 WFA races at Ellerslie is run at any decent tempo which is mad considering they’re running for six figures,if you have a stayer capable of running 33 your a chance for a place. 

4 minutes ago, Tailedoff said:

"great all the way win in the Bonecrusher" - you mean a walk and sprint home? our Group 1 racing need some pace...they have been walking all season

The jock stole it good on him... not his fault the others were sleeping.

2 minutes ago, Gruff said:

1 in 12 WFA races at Ellerslie is run at any decent tempo which is mad considering they’re running for six figures,if you have a stayer capable of running 33 your a chance for a place. 

or another 4th :unsure:

24 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Would it be possible to put up the Cup photo finish.  I watched the replay three times and thought Five To Midnight had got up on the outside.

hmmmm - looks like the outside to me too - but if you zoom it up its barely the inside

3 hours ago, 2Admin2 said:

Compare Ellerslie to Randwick today where they ran race records or track records in nearly every race.

I think its generally accepted that Aussie horses are faster and definitely more depth to the races.

Also a couple of our best horses well well beaten at Randwick ,and Devise faded out in Melbourne.

But other than the well documented 'rough' surface the days racing  at Ellerslie was very ,very good and some exciting finishes and overall the venue was outstanding ......a fact mentioned today by several overseas visitors.

I saw a top jockey fall off at Randwick so if you look close enough at any track there will always be a few blemishes.

7 hours ago, Portfolio said:

Problem I have is frontrunners nowadays. Yesterday year, most set a genuine pace, even put plenty of space on the rest of the field. 

Now, it’s a rush to the front, then pull up, it stuffs up the race. 

Well said you hit the nail on the head or as MR SIMON would say Right On The Lolly

1 hour ago, hesi said:

I notice Bosson rode Five To Midnight half a kilo over, looks like has that ever come back to haunt the connections

Are you f--king for real Hesi.

So 500grms stops the horse winning? you are a complete cockhead if you even remotely believe that.

Bosson is worth 3-4 lengths to the horse before any other consideration is taken into account, you really do post non thinking shit at times.

5 minutes ago, barryb said:

So 500grms stops the horse winning?

I thought I heard somewhere that 1kg is worth a length - maybe more over 3200m, so yes the 0.5kgs might have been the difference between the horse winning and losing.

I agree Bosson is worth several lengths but that's not the question here - he would have been worth another 1/2 length had he ridden at the carded weight.

12 minutes ago, barryb said:

So 500grms stops the horse winning? you are a complete cockhead if you even remotely believe that.

Why is he a cockhead for believing that?  It's the truth. 

Have you ever wondered why they give better horses more weight in handicap races?