RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Guest 2Admin2

What Happened to Bowman?

14 hours ago, jeepers said:

The horse moved out slightly unbalancing Bowman then reacted severely as Bowman parted company. Hope all's well with Huey.

Yip I agree definitely didn’t jump off!!!

5 minutes ago, Trump said:

Admin2 is very quiet - maybe that humble pie is filling his gob?

Nope working on capturing the frame where Bowman started to depart.  If the horse first moved out "slightly" as some are now suggesting then Bowman lost his balance fairly easily.

2 hours ago, 2Admin2 said:

Nope working on capturing the frame where Bowman started to depart.  If the horse first moved out "slightly" as some are now suggesting then Bowman lost his balance fairly easily.

there's a big doff between jumping and off and falling off a horse. Sounds to me like HB lost his balance and FELL off, not jumped off .

Having looked at the film several times regardless of what the horse did, how Bowman did not break his neck is nothing short of a miracle.

he comes off and hits the ground and then momentum plants his head into the turf and the weight of his body flips over....unbelievable!!!. Very very lucky.

14 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

there's a big doff between jumping and off and falling off a horse. Sounds to me like HB lost his balance and FELL off, not jumped off .

Yes I've looked at frame by frame and it IMO Bowman COG moved slightly to the right and became unbalanced.  The horse reacted and it got worse from there.  Up until then the horse had been running perfectly straight.  IMO it wasn't the horse that caused the fall.

There was head-on footage on Thoroughbred Weekly this morning. This week's episode isn't online yet, but if anyone recorded it they can see the head-on.

From the one look at it I had, it looked like the horse was slowly drifting left from the top of the straight to get into a clear lane, then drifted back to the right, then while drifting right shied at something (the screen in the infield?) and immediately swung back to the left. Bowman was already shifting his weight to compensate for the horse drifting to the right, so it didn't take much to send him off to that side when the horse went hard left. Hence it looked like the horse veered out after Bowman came off, because he came off very early in the outward movement (because, immediately before that sharp outward movement, the horse was moving inward).

Hugh Bowman update

Hugh Bowman update
Hugh Bowman being dislodged from Performer. Photo: AAP
Darryl-Sherer_60x60.jpg
Article Author

Darryl Sherer

Hugh Bowman spent the night in hospital and will be released later on Sunday morning following his dislodgement from Performer in Saturday’s Todman Stakes at Randwick.

Bowman was left airborne when Performer shifted suddenly left with 100m to go as he was attempting to mount a challenge and suffered a heavy fall.

Bowman’s agent Bryan Haskins said he was awaiting an official diagnosis.

“I spoke to Hugh last night and he said he felt ok,” Haskins said.

“He was having a couple of tests, I’m not sure if he will be officially listed as concussed so we will have to wait and see.

“Depending on what happens there I’m not sure if he will be able to ride next Saturday.”

Bowman was engaged for rides at Canberra’s Black Opal Stakes meeting on Sunday.

In his absence the new riders are:

Race 1: Internal Reign - Tim Clark

Race 2 : Can She Kiss - Tye Angland

Race 3 : Guard Of Honour - Jason Collett

Race 4 : Snippets Land - Tye Angland

Race 5 : Assimilate - Tye Angland

Race 6 : Jacquinot Bay - Damien Oliver

Race 7 : Qafila - Damien Oliver

Race 8 : Conquest - Tim Clark

26 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Yes I've looked at frame by frame and it IMO Bowman COG moved slightly to the right and became unbalanced.  The horse reacted and it got worse from there.  Up until then the horse had been running perfectly straight.  IMO it wasn't the horse that caused the fall.

Just admit it you fucked up made a stupid statement, of which you had to change in the thread title, you have been hammered and proven wrong by almost every person who watched the race and every poster in here... fess up move on and get over it..its not that difficult. He hit the horse in the flanks or close to it the horse resented it, because maybe he is thinking a bit to much being a colt, and Huey had no hope from there, to say he just jumped off and the horse had nothing to do with it was just plain crazy.

1 minute ago, scooby3051 said:

Just admit it you fucked up made a stupid statement, of which you had to change in the thread title, you have been hammered and proven wrong by almost every person who watched the race and every poster in here... fess up move on and get over it..its not that difficult. He hit the horse in the flanks or close to it the horse resented it, because maybe he is thinking a bit to much being a colt, and Huey had no hope from there, to say he just jumped off and the horse had nothing to do with it was just plain crazy.

FFS lighten up!!!!  At least we have had decent discussion about something racing rather than who we are going to punch next!!!!

In my opinion Bowman lost his balance and the horse reacted after that.  Go freeze the frame before the horse runs out.

5 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

FFS lighten up!!!!  At least we have had decent discussion about something racing rather than who we are going to punch next!!!!

No you just never can admit when you are wrong, its a bad trait.

Decent discussion you are getting hammered left and right....:blink::blink:

31 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

No you just never can admit when you are wrong, its a bad trait.

Decent discussion you are getting hammered left and right....:blink::blink:

Really McKenzie since when have you been an expert on traits? 

Who cares about getting "hammered left and right"?  It is you that has taken to a personal point scoring exercise yet again!  

Bowman lost his balance BEFORE the horse ducked out.

11 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Really McKenzie since when have you been an expert on traits? 

Who cares about getting "hammered left and right"?  It is you that has taken to a personal point scoring exercise yet again!  

Bowman lost his balance BEFORE the horse ducked out.

No that is where you are wrong and all the experts that were on course and mostly anything seen or written about says you are wrong but you cant admit you are wrong....no personal agenda ...just stating the obvious...cheers...Now off you run Bletch.

Bowman is off balance for at least 20 metres before he takes flight.  As for the horse resenting the whip as Scooby suggests he ran toward the whip not away from it.

6 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Bowman is off balance for at least 20 metres before he takes flight.  As for the horse resenting the whip as Scooby suggests he ran toward the whip not away from it.

Geez...he ducked left when he got hit MAYBE in the flanks...on his nearside, but you won't see reason so no point arguing with a statue....you seem to be the only one who thinks he jumped off.

2 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Geez...he ducked left when he got hit MAYBE in the flanks...on his nearside, but you won't see reason so no point arguing with a statue....you seem to be the only one who thinks he jumped off.

I never said he jumped off - I said "did Bowman take a dive?"  I've said since that he lost his balance and it wasn't the horse's fault.  

Just now, scooby3051 said:

Same thing...but it was the horses fault it veered left when he hit it....

It didn't but of course it is always the horse's fault!  if you look closely you will see that the majority of Bowman's weight is well right of centre BEFORE the horse made even the slightest movement TOWARDS the whip!

Just now, 2Admin2 said:

It didn't but of course it is always the horse's fault!  if you look closely you will see that the majority of Bowman's weight is well right of centre BEFORE the horse made even the slightest movement TOWARDS the whip!

Right same old story you are right everyone else in the industry is wrong...yeah right.Good luck with that.

On 3/10/2018 at 5:16 PM, 2Admin2 said:

Did you see the race?  I replayed the incident 6 times and the horse ducked AFTER Bowman came off.

As old Pogo used to often say - A visit to the Fred Hollows Clinic definitely in order!!! You're blind Admin!! 

7 minutes ago, Lloyd Vivian said:

As old Pogo used to often say - A visit to the Fred Hollows Clinic definitely in order!!! You're blind Admin!! 

That's your opinion Lloyd however I stand by my statement that Bowman had already lost his balance before the horse made any substantial movement.

11 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

That's your opinion Lloyd however I stand by my statement that Bowman had already lost his balance before the horse made any substantial movement.

NO way!! Have to agree to differ strongly on that one!

Cheers. Let's hope he's OK.