RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

Bonecrusher statue....

Wonderful to see Big Red being remembered in such an enduring way at Ellerslie.

Not sure why he still has saddle and gear on though....he looks like he has dumped a rider and bolted......

It is the horse itself that is being celebrated here, we all know he was a racehorse.....

Presumably you can't jump on and take a photo......:rolleyes:

IMG_2904.JPG

Wait until the alcohol clicks in a bit later today!, what was that craze a couple of years back ? people  taking pics  was it boarding - planing -something like that anyway. Some dick will attempt it and H&S will have to get their clipboard out!.

55 minutes ago, Yir Tiz said:

Wait until the alcohol clicks in a bit later today!, what was that craze a couple of years back ? people  taking pics  was it boarding - planing -something like that anyway. Some dick will attempt it and H&S will have to get their clipboard out!.

Planking probably YT.  We'll just wait for the first yahoo to post a pic riding it.....:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Planking probably YT.  We'll just wait for the first yahoo to post a pic riding it.....:rolleyes:

Yes that was it!! PLANKing how apt if some dolt does attempt it. 

23 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Wonderful to see Big Red being remembered in such an enduring way at Ellerslie.

Not sure why he still has saddle and gear on though....he looks like he has dumped a rider and bolted......

It is the horse itself that is being celebrated here, we all know he was a racehorse.....

Presumably you can't jump on and take a photo......:rolleyes:

IMG_2904.JPG

holy shite, Ohokaman,  I was there yesterday and thought exactly the same things you've just posted...I wa stold they chose not to put a particular  jockey on for fear of offending others who rode him ..brilliant sculpture, an asset for the Club and congratulations to the artist (Farrell??) ... It wont be long before someone creeps along and gets an 'onboard' pic for Facebook.

My other observation from seeing the statue was the colouration...'RED' was his nickname and the sculpture is dark brown .hmmm.. for me the beat thing is the sens of the the horse's action and explosive power in ful lstride. Well done! 

4 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

holy shite, Ohokaman,  I was there yesterday and thought exactly the same things you've just posted...I wa stold they chose not to put a particular  jockey on for fear of offending others who rode him ..brilliant sculpture, an asset for the Club and congratulations to the artist (Farrell??) ... It wont be long before someone creeps along and gets an 'onboard' pic for Facebook.

My other observation from seeing the statue was the colouration...'RED' was his nickname and the sculpture is dark brown .hmmm.. for me the beat thing is the sens of the the horse's action and explosive power in ful lstride. Well done! 

images.jpg

3 hours ago, weasel57 said:

What a crap excuse that is...Gary Stewart rode him in 17 out of his 18 wins......it was obviously just too hard......:rolleyes:

IMG_2905.JPG

16 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

What a crap excuse that is...Gary Stewart rode him in 17 out of his 18 wins......it was obviously just too hard......:rolleyes:

IMG_2905.JPG

Is Gary dead yet?  After all it is a memorial.

Hopefully they didn't state he was the first NZ race horse to crack 1 mill, like they stated in the paper and TV1 as he wasn't Cardigan Bay did that in the late 60s/70s.But he was the first thoroughbred I'm all for this we should also have a statue for Carbine at Sylvia park instead of a pissie arse plaque..If he (carbine) was  Ozzie born they would have a huge monument to him.     

Speaking of Cardigan Bay, I notice his memorial at Alexandra Park, which lost its head many years ago, still has not been fixed. Perhaps it's time the Auckland Trotting Club got its act together and fixed it. Maybe a reduction in director fees could pay for it?

1 hour ago, 2Admin2 said:

Is Gary dead yet?  After all it is a memorial.

Still lives on the Gold Coast last I heard Admin. Might have been nice for him to have been invited to the unveiling, presuming he wasn't there....though he's getting on a bit now.

12 hours ago, Gruff said:

Sorry people I just can’t see it, I should be able to recognise what or who within a few seconds this could be anything,if that captured Bonecrusher I’m Waverley Star:(RIP

True Gruffy. If you compare that photo to the statue, the work does not really represent the "presence" he had. Might have been better to do a standing still version..? Leaving the racing gear on it is bloody stupid IMO.....a pointless addition.

And I hope they put his racing history on there, it looks a bit naked without it.....

8 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

True Gruffy. If you compare that photo to the statue, the work does not really represent the "presence" he had. Might have been better to do a standing still version..? Leaving the racing gear on it is bloody stupid IMO.....a pointless addition.

And I hope they put his racing history on there, it looks a bit naked without it.....

20180310_132649_resized.jpg