RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

J Mac Returns

His return was officially given the green light this week after members of the Racing NSW Licensing Committee interviewed McDonald following an application for re-licensing at the end of his disqualification period on May 15. 

Racing NSW Chief Executive Peter V’landys agreed with the recommendation from the Licensing Committee that McDonald be issued with a license following the expiration of his ban. 

McDonald will be permitted to resume riding track work and in barrier trials from April 3. 

About the only sane decision in this whole pathetic episode. As they say, time to turn the page and move on folks.

His biggest crime was not being an Ocker so they gave him a bonus.

I have a young relative who went over to Sydney to fun in the Aus Champs. 400h is his go and after putting up the second fastest heat time he was given Lane 9 in the final. All the kiwis that made finals got bum draws.

Its like the sledge, they cat help themselves.

1 hour ago, Nerula said:

His biggest crime was not being an Ocker so they gave him a bonus.

I have a young relative who went over to Sydney to fun in the Aus Champs. 400h is his go and after putting up the second fastest heat time he was given Lane 9 in the final. All the kiwis that made finals got bum draws.

Its like the sledge, they cat help themselves.

He didn't help himself and they did change the rules and penalties BEFORE he committed the offence. Very naive of him. Anyway, he will walk straight back into the O'Shea camp.

I hope he has learned a few lessons from this very costly mistake.  Just keep your head down and do what you do best and leave all the peripheral rubbish to other people, as tempting as all must seem.  

2 hours ago, Ponderosa8 said:

Havent seen it written anywhere but assuming he is going to team up with John O'Shea again.???

Indeed,he will be riding for him according to earlier reports with comments like he wants to help J Mac back into the game. I suspect he will ride initially  for all the big stables except big Blue and Hawkes. In time they will probably use him again as well.

1 hour ago, Memphis2 said:

What  is an ex Kiwi

One who leaves the comfort of his homely nest to test their skills in a more competitive market - ie, the opposite to the NZ TAB. Notables who did this, apart from myself :) would be Brent Thompson, John Key, Helen Clark, Chris Liddell, Chris Waller, Jim Cassidy, Michael Walker, Bussutin and Young, Bjorn Baker, RS Dye, etc etc, etc......,

28 minutes ago, Trump said:

One who leaves the comfort of his homely nest to test their skills in a more competitive market - ie, the opposite to the NZ TAB. Notables who did this, apart from myself :) would be Brent Thompson, John Key, Helen Clark, Chris Liddell, Chris Waller, Jim Cassidy, Michael Walker, Bussutin and Young, Bjorn Baker, RS Dye, etc etc, etc......,

spellcheck kicking in here Trump-meister, it's Thomson, not Thompson;

you can add to that fine list: Sid (Syd?) Brown, Gary Willetts, Brian Andrews, Phar Lap, Pav Lova and Marmite.

8 hours ago, Trump said:

Anyway, he will walk straight back into the O'Shea camp.

That won’t give him more than 30 winners, so there will still be a lot of leeway to make up. 

Just saying. 

13 minutes ago, Insider said:

That won’t give him more than 30 winners, so there will still be a lot of leeway to make up. 

Just saying. 

If you go as bad as Insider is predicting James you will be welcome at the next Reefton meeting.

Good luck Champ cos you deserve it.  The punishment far far far outweighed the crime.  You backed your own horse ffs!

Could I ask cafers for an opinion as to who brought Aussie racing into greater disrepute - James McDonald or Damien Oliver?  I know the rules changed so don't bother going there.

The punishment was ridiculous! 

When James  started out he was allowed to back his own horse, and that’s the way it should be. 

O’Shea whilst a good trainer, doesn’t endear himself to everyone, hence there will be a handbrake on James’s return to the very top.

Having said that, at  Reefton or Trentham, he will be very welcome. Come on over quickly Janes, next January!

40 minutes ago, Insider said:

The punishment was ridiculous! 

When James  started out he was allowed to back his own horse, and that’s the way it should be. 

O’Shea whilst a good trainer, doesn’t endear himself to everyone, hence there will be a handbrake on James’s return to the very top.

Having said that, at  Reefton or Trentham, he will be very welcome. Come on over quickly Janes, next January!

He will fast out grow O'Shea but he will give him a good base to start... wont be long before he is winning premierships again.... just hope he has learnt from this plenty to be made by sticking to the rules.

7 hours ago, Trump said:

Scratch Pumper.No EX Kiwi in him.

10 hours ago, Insider said:

Just saying. 

Maybe, but those 30 winners will provide an income base of the equivelant to riding 300 winners in NZ - in the same time ! :) 

Yes the Hawkes team spat the dummy when James went with Godolphin, but I wonder whether they would still prefer to engage some other jockey knowing that James will be without a ride and sitting in the jockeys room twiddling his thumbs....guess it depends on how stubborn they are..

I don't think that he will be sitting in the stands twiddling his thumbs. He is pretty fit already and will be ready to go in May for sure. Quite a number have already expressed interest in James riding for them. :)