RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
chelseacol

Racing junkets - should the NZRB be paying my way ?

On 3/10/2018 at 9:13 AM, chelseacol said:

The Northern Odyssey continues - glorious sunny morning for the out of towners  who are wondering.

Interesting night at Alex Park last night -  saw a few decent performances on and off the track. I used to be a harness guy but it's tough to make a buck on them now I find - or more accurately the short priced favs don't do it for me. Having said that my 5 leg all up through 2 at westport and 3  last night did get up in the last and put me back in funds, after a very average betting effort.

The $120 deal at top of  the park really is a bargain - food pretty decent and you can get through a few bottles of wine no problem.

I ran into the TAB top brass and also saw Glenda and John doing a double act. TBF I should record I didnt see either of them eating or drinking (or betting)

Great days racing today - up the top of the Ascot with a crowd - love the view up there.Confidence levels are very high.Lizzie/Richie/Destinys Child/Araldo. What could possibly go wrong ;)

Good luck everyone

PS - Robert tried to find you in the bar but couldnt. P4P looks like lunch at HQ tomorrow for us if we dont get there post races tonight.

Good on ya CC......you picked probably the best two days racing up here , being back to back.

The weather has certainly played its part ,particularly as the forecast was quite shaky.

Track at Ellerslie a bit 'hard' but I guess they worried about what water could do with bad forecast.

As a Southerner ,Ive survived it up here.Shame the locals don't turn up on day.

Hope you had a look around the Facilities ,the Hall of Fame [trots] and new Bonecrusher statue and excellent public facilities at Ellerslie.

Glad the naysayers didn't get you down and you return home with some money in your pocket !

HQ and the Viaduct very interesting at present as well....a lot to do and see around there.

11 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

Good on ya CC......you picked probably the best two days racing up here , being back to back.

The weather has certainly played its part ,particularly as the forecast was quite shaky.

Track at Ellerslie a bit 'hard' but I guess they worried about what water could do with bad forecast.

As a Southerner ,Ive survived it up here.Shame the locals don't turn up on day.

Hope you had a look around the Facilities ,the Hall of Fame [trots] and new Bonecrusher statue and excellent public facilities at Ellerslie.

Glad the naysayers didn't get you down and you return home with some money in your pocket !

HQ and the Viaduct very interesting at present as well....a lot to do and see around there.

Cheers Tasman. Just heading into town now for a wander and then lunch at HQ before fly back. 

I loved the bonecrusher statue. Great job. 

Ellerslie is a super place to be at the races. 

Arriving there yesterday we had beautiful women in Hawaiian airlines gear getting us to enter a competition. Diverted into the pop up cocktail tent for a mojito. Sun shining. Cracking day

1 hour ago, chelseacol said:

Had a huge day actually mate.  Backed the winners of 3 of the first 4 races, and in the second mine ran third at 2.70 pl. 

Lizzie cost me a small fortune in all ups but St E was my cover in quaddie so got a bit of that. Flamingo bet of day at wgn, and missed by a lip in the last at Ellerslie from breaking the tote.

I like it up here :-)

We had similar days by the sound of it CC.

I backed winner of R1, R4 as well as $50 plc bets on Walkin By , Soundworks and Major Tom. Went awry in the cup a bit a long neck between me and $700 with Alinko Prince however when the top 5 came out on Fri I got stuck in with another lazy hundred @$4.60 on AP and Kaharau In the last I backed Light Shadow and anchored him with 8 others in $% quinellas....left out Incantessamo but hey a good day on the whole.

You enjoy your stooge to the Waterfront and have a great lunch at Headquarters . And best of all wWe can do it all again next week at Trentham!!!!!, your updates yesterday were great by the way as it is years since I have been to Ellerslie for a big meeting and I do miss the atmosphere of the big days!.

11 minutes ago, Yir Tiz said:

We had similar days by the sound of it CC.

I backed winner of R1, R4 as well as $50 plc bets on Walkin By , Soundworks and Major Tom. Went awry in the cup a bit a long neck between me and $700 with Alinko Prince however when the top 5 came out on Fri I got stuck in with another lazy hundred @$4.60 on AP and Kaharau In the last I backed Light Shadow and anchored him with 8 others in $% quinellas....left out Incantessamo but hey a good day on the whole.

You enjoy your stooge to the Waterfront and have a great lunch at Headquarters . And best of all wWe can do it all again next week at Trentham!!!!!, your updates yesterday were great by the way as it is years since I have been to Ellerslie for a big meeting and I do miss the atmosphere of the big days!.

Well done on the punt. We did back a few the same there. Couple of fine margins in the cup and last there which cost some cash. But well ahead for you !!!

sipping a coffee right now looking out over the water  HQs in an hour or so  

few sly bets to go at gore  - lovely

32 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

Well done on the punt. We did back a few the same there. Couple of fine margins in the cup and last there which cost some cash. But well ahead for you !!!

sipping a coffee right now looking out over the water  HQs in an hour or so  

few sly bets to go at gore  - lovely

Hi Col,

Sorry, we were not able to catch up at the trots. Perhaps another time. I am glad you have enjoyed your time up there, and it certainly is a great place to be for us racing buffs. I am lucky enough to be up in Auckland for 6 weeks at the end of this month, as I am covering for a friend as custodian at an Art Gallery in Parnell, so will be right in the action for the big trotting meetings at Alexandra Park in April. I will make sure I head down to HQ for some wonderful cuisine.

Safe travels home.

Robert.

Just to wrap up the weekend - we had a leisurely lunch at HQ yesterday with Leo and Tasman Man who popped in to say hi. Fair to say two great characters with plenty of racing (and other) stories. 

Thanks for sharing the bosses table with us Leo - just as well you did as the place was fully booked. Absolutely recommend HQ - fun place and food was excellent.

Right back to reality :-)

On 3/10/2018 at 5:00 PM, Portfolio said:

Amazing that we have these large tracks in nz, yet we have so many unlucky runners?

Seems so many races nowadays are won by horses dawdling along in front and sprinting home. It happens all the time in nz, don’t see it so much in aus. 

Thoughts?

all the time, happens alot at sydney.