RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
chelseacol

Racing junkets - should the NZRB be paying my way ?

As I pack for the big smoke this weekend I wonder if I qualify for a subsidy ?

Expensive Air NZ flights for the better half and me to get to Auckland

Nice hotel - not cheap

Table at Top of the Park for Friday night - to be fair good value at $120 a head, but I bet John and Glenda don't pay...

Ascot stand tickets for Saturday (ARC were helpful but not free)

No doubt will be several uber/taxi rides across the weekend

Punting budget is big - I'd imagine my bet on the 5th  race at the Westport trots tomorrow when I get to Alex Park for a pre match drink in the bar will be bigger than Glenda turns over through her phone account for the year:ph34r:

I've already invested the GDP of a small Pacific nation on fixed odds bets for saturday (cmon Richie McHorse/Lizzie/Araldo)

I've got a horse in at Wellington so the intercourse betting will be significant...

If only our leaders loved the game as much as we did eh ?

Hope you have a good night and day tomorrow Col. I'm usually there at the Park for this meeting but have a more important engagement that's taken me 50 years to earn so I'm going to try and get some of my money's worth. Hope to catch up again at Trentham next week.

1 hour ago, chelseacol said:

As I pack for the big smoke this weekend I wonder if I qualify for a subsidy ?

Expensive Air NZ flights for the better half and me to get to Auckland

Nice hotel - not cheap

Table at Top of the Park for Friday night - to be fair good value at $120 a head, but I bet John and Glenda don't pay...

Ascot stand tickets for Saturday (ARC were helpful but not free)

No doubt will be several uber/taxi rides across the weekend

Punting budget is big - I'd imagine my bet on the 5th  race at the Westport trots tomorrow when I get to Alex Park for a pre match drink in the bar will be bigger than Glenda turns over through her phone account for the year:ph34r:

I've already invested the GDP of a small Pacific nation on fixed odds bets for saturday (cmon Richie McHorse/Lizzie/Araldo)

I've got a horse in at Wellington so the intercourse betting will be significant...

If only our leaders loved the game as much as we did eh ?

Hi Col,

If you venture downstairs and want a couple tickets to the stables, pop into the public lounge next to the parade ring, I will keep an eye out for you.

Cheers.

Robert.

3 hours ago, Blue said:

Hope you have a good night and day tomorrow Col. I'm usually there at the Park for this meeting but have a more important engagement that's taken me 50 years to earn so I'm going to try and get some of my money's worth. Hope to catch up again at Trentham next week.

Haha that sounds like a biggie mate. I'm 50/50 to get to the Oaks - be nice to catch up with you and cheer your other girl on !

2 hours ago, Double R said:

Hi Col,

If you venture downstairs and want a couple tickets to the stables, pop into the public lounge next to the parade ring, I will keep an eye out for you.

Cheers.

Robert.

Thanks Robert

be nice to see you again - been a while. I know the bar so will come and say hi.

Col

Sorry Colin, we can't look after you this weekend, we are too busy investigating why one of our traders wound a horse out to odds of 1000/1 to win and 250/1 to place in the last at Rockhampton this evening. Every other agency had it at $7 so people can't say we offer unders all the time. Needless to say the horse won and now I have to front John Allen and try and explain yet again why I have so many incompetent people in my team. Anyway I digress, hope you have a great weekend in the City of Sails. Kind regards, Glen Saville.

7 hours ago, SMD is rife said:

Sorry Colin, we can't look after you this weekend, we are too busy investigating why one of our traders wound a horse out to odds of 1000/1 to win and 250/1 to place in the last at Rockhampton this evening. Every other agency had it at $7 so people can't say we offer unders all the time. Needless to say the horse won and now I have to front John Allen and try and explain yet again why I have so many incompetent people in my team. Anyway I digress, hope you have a great weekend in the City of Sails. Kind regards, Glen Saville.

Ah thanks - i wondered why the elite invites had dried up B)

The Northern Odyssey continues - glorious sunny morning for the out of towners  who are wondering.

Interesting night at Alex Park last night -  saw a few decent performances on and off the track. I used to be a harness guy but it's tough to make a buck on them now I find - or more accurately the short priced favs don't do it for me. Having said that my 5 leg all up through 2 at westport and 3  last night did get up in the last and put me back in funds, after a very average betting effort.

The $120 deal at top of  the park really is a bargain - food pretty decent and you can get through a few bottles of wine no problem.

I ran into the TAB top brass and also saw Glenda and John doing a double act. TBF I should record I didnt see either of them eating or drinking (or betting)

Great days racing today - up the top of the Ascot with a crowd - love the view up there.Confidence levels are very high.Lizzie/Richie/Destinys Child/Araldo. What could possibly go wrong ;)

Good luck everyone

PS - Robert tried to find you in the bar but couldnt. P4P looks like lunch at HQ tomorrow for us if we dont get there post races tonight.

Col you should start a travel blog ... I'm rather enjoying (vicariously) the adventures of when Col ventures north ... keep `em coming! :D 

And good luck with the punting today.

PS: don't forget the women's mag market ... we will need to know who ( I'd usually say "what" - but I think the real fancy people say "who" as they wear designer clothes ...) Mrs Col is wearing at Ellerslie today :)

5 hours ago, chelseacol said:

The Northern Odyssey continues - glorious sunny morning for the out of towners  who are wondering.

Interesting night at Alex Park last night -  saw a few decent performances on and off the track. I used to be a harness guy but it's tough to make a buck on them now I find - or more accurately the short priced favs don't do it for me. Having said that my 5 leg all up through 2 at westport and 3  last night did get up in the last and put me back in funds, after a very average betting effort.

The $120 deal at top of  the park really is a bargain - food pretty decent and you can get through a few bottles of wine no problem.

I ran into the TAB top brass and also saw Glenda and John doing a double act. TBF I should record I didnt see either of them eating or drinking (or betting)

Great days racing today - up the top of the Ascot with a crowd - love the view up there.Confidence levels are very high.Lizzie/Richie/Destinys Child/Araldo. What could possibly go wrong ;)

Good luck everyone

PS - Robert tried to find you in the bar but couldnt. P4P looks like lunch at HQ tomorrow for us if we dont get there post races tonight.

Geez how well are you going Col??.....well done with 2/4 up after 4 races. Keep going and best luck to you.

Amazing that we have these large tracks in nz, yet we have so many unlucky runners?

Seems so many races nowadays are won by horses dawdling along in front and sprinting home. It happens all the time in nz, don’t see it so much in aus. 

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Dockers said:

Apparently Tab entertaining Winston today at the races. 

Trying to save their bacon!

It's too late though, as in a few months they will all be pork sausages.

[You heard it here first.]

I am not called Insider for nothing!

1 hour ago, Insider said:

Trying to save their bacon!

It's too late though, as in a few months they will all be pork sausages.

[You heard it here first.]

I am not called Insider for nothing!

I'd say they are all pork sausages now or worse.

19 hours ago, Yir Tiz said:

Geez how well are you going Col??.....well done with 2/4 up after 4 races. Keep going and best luck to you.

Had a huge day actually mate.  Backed the winners of 3 of the first 4 races, and in the second mine ran third at 2.70 pl. 

Lizzie cost me a small fortune in all ups but St E was my cover in quaddie so got a bit of that. Flamingo bet of day at wgn, and missed by a lip in the last at Ellerslie from breaking the tote.

I like it up here :-)

12 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

Had a huge day actually mate.  Backed the winners of 3 of the first 4 races, and in the second mine ran third at 2.70 pl. 

Lizzie cost me a small fortune in all ups but St E was my cover in quaddie so got a bit of that. Flamingo bet of day at wgn, and missed by a lip in the last at Ellerslie from breaking the tote.

I like it up here :-)

How did your horse go yesterday?