RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

Chautauqua....has he had enough....???

9 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Some interesting observations from Tommy Berry about that barrier scratching....he could be right.

D Day for the old boy tonight. If he jumps with them, he's bound to get that last Everest slot.

Currently $21 for the race...worth a punt...?!

https://www.racenet.com.au/news/feature--tommy-berry-s-special-love-for-chautauqua-20180927

Any Idea what time it's off OM NZ time ?  hopefully be shown on trackside. 

See Lloyd Williams has had a big clear out on Inglis Online Auction this week,  almost 600k the 12 brought in, old Foundry last year's Metrop winner went for 8500 , couple went for big money though.

Just now, scooby3051 said:

Sad for everyone...but it looks like the end now.. great memories...great horse.

Sad for everyone. Everyone but the horse. He'll be over the moon haha see him trotting down the Valley straight, strutting in front of the crowd cheering him after he refused to jump. Gold.

Thanks champ, enjoy your retirement. Finally! 

2 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Trackside just showed it.

Didn't jump. Stood there.

Surely, surely, surely, surely, the connections finally get it now?!

Think they have, at least he went out on his own terms. If only he could talk Rusty , 

9 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

They did absolutely nothing wrong, tried their best.

I see what you are saying Scooby and in the end it was actually a good send off for  the Champ and maybe a rebuff to the anti brigade.Crowd gave him  a good send off and almost to say  when 500kgs of power don't want to do something , it won't do it. However if he were mine on the second occasion I would probably have called a halt to it with 8 mill in bank , sorted the best for his retirement ( which I honestly think the connections will sort out now to be fair ) and speak to ATC about a farewell canter in front of the crowds maybe Everest Day ( which they may do who knows ). Though thinking about it maybe the Champ don't want to see another racecourse and last night's might be a good line under this part of his life.At the end of day he's healthy and  he in the end as the song says  did it his way.