RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

Chautauqua....has he had enough....???

From a selfish racing/punting point of view, I'd love to see him continue on at least for a little bit.

If he was to start in a G1, he might start at 15's (for example) because of his known issues at the start. So would you put a couple of dollars on him then.??  I would for sure.. "pay your money and take your chance"... would definitely be heart in the mouth stuff at the start and make the race pretty interesting....

But if he was to miss the start by 15 lengths or whatever, I wouldn't like to see him put under any sufferance to get into the race..

7 hours ago, La Zip said:

I do too Pegasus, however, there is a meeting scheduled for as early as this morning so the 'owners' can argue their case with the stewards......never mind the horse, it's all about them you see.....

They are probably nice people but seem to have lost the plot.

So I asume Mr Q is known to stewards so they know his qualifications . Hahaha what a laugh otherwise. Please please  never ever let these people on the panel ever be involved in a criminal case or a corruption enquiry if they do not know the bona files of Mr Q and researched his qualifications . The bizarre becomes the ridiculous.  However if iam ever  the suspect please God let they be the ones investigating me.Money and more money it makes people mad. 

19 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

So I asume Mr Q is known to stewards so they know his qualifications . Hahaha what a laugh otherwise. Please please  never ever let these people on the panel ever be involved in a criminal case or a corruption enquiry if they do not know the bona files of Mr Q and researched his qualifications . The bizarre becomes the ridiculous.  However if iam ever  the suspect please God let they be the ones investigating me.Money and more money it makes people mad. 

I've no idea why you would think that the stewards conducting the hearing would allow evidence from someone they did not know the identity or bona fides of? Where did you get that idea from?

Fair play Leggy , Probably read into it  too much the  Mr Q being incognito , in hindsight  he must have surely been known and thoroughly checked out by stewards to the bona fide nature of his claims , checking qualifications and paperwork, no regulatory authority would be that inept. Strange though he's not giving evidence to a gangland killing but his privacy is his privacy, each to his own.

I reckon Mr Q could be Greg Bennett, he trained fo me, he is Australia's most respected breaker, he's a real horseman, and broke in Makybe Diva, plus won countless trainers premierships.......he's a fab fella and would be their last stop shop.....would he take on the job?....knowing Greg, probably as he loves a challenge....we shall soon know.

14 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

....who the hell is Mr Q ? 

He is 100 1's mate on the Trump thread. No co-incidence that PM-elect Morrison has also invited Trump to Australia? High level intervention to get the grey to perform.

4 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

He is 100 1's mate on the Trump thread. No co-incidence that PM-elect Morrison has also invited Trump to Australia? High level intervention to get the grey to perform.

Yes Chevy, Q knows everything apparently, even before it happens. Should be a doddle....:rolleyes:

A few people have put forward the theory that back him and you take your chance . However he runs in his current mood the market is wonky and all punters on the race take their chance . Say back Nature Strip if he gets a slot at 6s , the Champ starts within say 3 lengths of field  that ticket should be say 10s , the Champ stands still you have 6s that should be less say 3 bucks . To factor the good chance he won't start into the form line makes a mockery of what should be a huge punting race. How many races does a punter factor that in, well I've been punting for nigh on 40 years and it's not a lot.I know his history  of falling out of gate but he mostly don't fall out no more. As for running him without him in betting , it's the richest turf race in world and one horse out betting across the board at all options and combo bets. Never seen that before , bookies betting without fav , yes all the time , great when Winx runs but it's one option not across the board.

Also read somewhere else a mention they should use a cattle prod on him at rear of stables, what standing next to the chimney with the little 5 year old with a brush up cleaning the dust.It is 2018 isnt it . 8 million buck winner, cattle prod, give me strength. Not on this forum thankfully.

38 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Also read somewhere else a mention they should use a cattle prod on him at rear of stables. It is 2018 isnt it . 8 million buck winner, cattle prod, give me strength. Not on this forum thankfully.

Agree with you....cattle prod is so old school. It's 2018....We have Taser and Laser Technology available these days! :rcf-laughing-3::rcf-laughing-2::rcf-monkey-2:

Some interesting observations from Tommy Berry about that barrier scratching....he could be right.

D Day for the old boy tonight. If he jumps with them, he's bound to get that last Everest slot.

Currently $21 for the race...worth a punt...?!

https://www.racenet.com.au/news/feature--tommy-berry-s-special-love-for-chautauqua-20180927