THIS WEEK'S COMP TATTS TIARA DAY THANKS TO PONDEROSA STAY TUNED FOR DETAILS
poundforpound

Political parties have a clean out, why doesn’t racing ?

So both political parties have had a bloody good clean out ( not sure I agree with Steven Joyce going but ...) of their tired old dead wood as they usher in a new generation representing the current, the future, and both genders.

The old pale stale males are consigned to oblivion ( except for the liquored lounge lizard of the 3.5% losers part, but he’ll be gone soon ).

Anyway while we’re on a roll how about racing has a clean out of these tired ( +/- fat ) old stale males. They’ve done nothing to help the industry.

Based on the last seven years they’ve failed on animal welfare, track quality, investment, research and development, growth, licensees welfare, efficiencies and strategy.

Do the right thing you tired useless old pricks, get out of racing and take your failed ideas with you,go back to your families and golf clubs, let some young talent take over and sort this mess out.

The original poster disclosed his age by referring to both genders.

It is 2018 FFS and we now refer to ALL genders.

Steven Joyce, Nick Smith, Nathan Guy and Bill English did more to help Winston Peters than any amount of advertising could ever do.  They should have all been gone twelve months ago.  A National Party with a spine would have eviscerated Peters.

Change will not becoming in the forseeable future.My reason for saying that is,

The top 1/2 percent of owners,trainers,breeders and bloodstock agents make money no matter what.Be it that the economy is struggling or it's thriving.

They certainly don't care about the majority.No help will come from Labour as racing is still considered to be ''The Sport of Kings''and the top1/2 percent are considered to be the Kings of this sport.

2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

So both political parties have had a bloody good clean out ( not sure I agree with Steven Joyce going but ...) of their tired old dead wood as they usher in a new generation representing the current, the future, and both genders.

The old pale stale males are consigned to oblivion ( except for the liquored lounge lizard of the 3.5% losers part, but he’ll be gone soon ).

Anyway while we’re on a roll how about racing has a clean out of these tired ( +/- fat ) old stale males. They’ve done nothing to help the industry.

Based on the last seven years they’ve failed on animal welfare, track quality, investment, research and development, growth, licensees welfare, efficiencies and strategy.

Do the right thing you tired useless old pricks, get out of racing and take your failed ideas with you, fuck off back to your families and golf clubs, let some young talent take over and sort this fucking mess out.

The difference/contrast here Pounder is that "the people" exercise their power during elections. Right or wrong, they exercise that power. In racing, the "people/players" do SFA. That's the difference. (Come on in BarryB)

1 hour ago, Tauhei Notts said:

The original poster disclosed his age by referring to both genders.

Yes, but that's what those pale, stale, old males he was referring to, do. So, I guess he includes himself in that lot.

1 hour ago, Leggy said:

Yes, but that's what those pale, stale, old males he was referring to, do. So, I guess he includes himself in that lot.

How many genders should I have included ?

I’ve got cocks & frocks......have I missed some others ?

Or are you saying we blend them all into one, homogenise them and just share everything ?

2 hours ago, Trump said:

The difference/contrast here Pounder is that "the people" exercise their power during elections. Right or wrong, they exercise that power. In racing, the "people/players" do SFA. That's the difference. (Come on in BarryB)

i thought this is why we have the trainers and owners association to hold appropriate men/women in power accountable.

tbh, the end is coming rhetoric has been around for quite a while, and we are scraping the barrell quite a bit to keep going.  I can not understand why radical action in the form of strikes hasnt happened. (i appreciate this would be a costly exercise for owners and trainers) but is not whats happening already a insanely costly, non return exercise already by and large.

Winston in his election promise, promised a radical shake up of the NZRB, nothing has happened as of yet.  

It seems racing attracts these type of folk, who promise the world, people are so excited its like Jesus is coming back, then......

disappointment.

After my experience with Mr Purcell, stale uninviting unenthusiastic club committees, ridiculous racing politics and bureaucracy, the racing industry has lost me for now.  I was a contributor, were by i brought non racing folk to races, actually got people involved in syndicates, betting, attending on course.   After being shit on so many times, enough was enough.

Standing up for change, innovation, challenging individuals for honestly and integrity seems a lost concept for those at the top.  its a shame

1 hour ago, The Diceman Cometh said:

There was a Eunuch administrator at Amberley once.

He didn't have the balls for change either.

I thought he tried new things.....cos he had nothing to lose !

After all he got the job cos he was cut out for it !

5 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Do the right thing you tired useless old pricks, get out of racing and take your failed ideas with you,go back to your families and golf clubs, let some young talent take over and sort this mess out.

Agree a clean out was needed, but there is a lot of experience walking out the door. Joyce is ex Kapiti College and a good bloke. The news that the Govt surplus for last seven months is $2.4B, $677,000 ahead of estimates and up from $1.15B a year ago, was a result of that experience.....what we have now is a motley unprepared crew skippered by a socialite wannabe and old sot.

2 hours ago, von Smallhaussen said:

there are only 2 types - inside plumbing and outside plumbing ;)

I like the Urban Dictionary definition.

Similar to the world trade center. There used to be 2 of them, but now it's too sensitive of a subject to discuss.

13 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Agree but it’s the industry over right down to the club / grassroots level . Tiired old buggers  living in yesteryear who consider innovation and fresh ideas a threat .Pass on the baton please !, S.L

20 hours ago, Trump said:

Tell us all how much bigger and better it is in Aus Trumpie. Oh wait, yes that right the Australian political system has been a train wreck for years.

Whilst MMP is an unpopular electoral system, it so far has served us well in delivering stable govts. Both Clark and Keys govts were good for NZ in general. The current one might take us down Aus chaotic path.

1 hour ago, barryb said:

Tell us all how much bigger and better it is in Aus Trumpie. Oh wait, yes that right the Australian political system has been a train wreck for years.

Whilst MMP is an unpopular electoral system, it so far has served us well in delivering stable govts. Both Clark and Keys govts were good for NZ in general. The current one might take us down Aus chaotic path.

Wtf are you on about? Or on? This topic has nothing to do with Australia. Read P4P's opening comment on this thread and get back on the rails! My comment was that "people" exercise their power and vote govts in or out. But in Racing in NZ, the people most affected don't seem to do that. As a result, everything stays the same. So what are you on about? The fact that the people of NZ who voted for a majority of National Party votes (45%??) yet the 2nd placed (34%??) got to form Govt, has nothing to do with what P4P has tried to convey in his opening statement. You really need to get this giant chip off your shoulder. As an aside, John Messara drove the change in NSW. This has caused Victoria to follow suit and lift it's game. Qld is the poor cousin but is "slowly" getting it's act together. But it's racing people that are driving the change in NSW and Vic. So who's driving change in NZ? It won't be Winston that's for sure. So who is going to stand up? You and your defensive attitude certainly won't cut it ! 

19 hours ago, The Diceman Cometh said:

What’s the difference between a eunuch and an Eskimo?

A eunuch is a massive vassal with a passive tassel, while an Eskimo is a rigid midget with a frigid digit.

Bloody hell, my late Dad (a navy man from WW2, used to quote that. Haven't heard it for years.

In defence of a lot of these older guys in clubs, there has been a lot of them that have done a helluva a lot of work on a voluntary basis over the years in a thankless environment that without their input racing in NZ would not have made to even where it is at the moment, particularly at community level. 

I think one of the biggest problems in NZ racing is that the talkers outnumber the walkers by a significant majority and the talkers aren't just talkers they are mostly the  critical variety.  

Have a terrible feeling Whiny won't be pushing Race Fields legislation too hard until close to the next election , it is being rewritten in it's complete form , that is alarm bells in itself.

He will froth and extrapolate for the next 2 years and lo and behold he will start pushing like hell leading into the next election because unfortunately how much of the idiots 3.5% is Racing Industry votes.

And still no guarantee of it getting through although there is slightest glimmer of hope compared to if Guy (good riddance) or Bennett was still Minister Of Racing.

Some great comments in this thread, when you think about it , it is bit of a shame we can't vote in a board , at least we would have a wider range of options.

Brian De Lore's article in this weeks Informant is another of his brilliantly crafted essays.

I was reminded of it as I read Brian Gaynor's piece in this morning's NZ Herald.  Brian lamented the sad fact that NZ's listed companies had fallen so far behind the Australian ones.  Brian Gaynor writes that;

"a major challenge for NZ companies is to find board members with industry experience and expertise."

So the Racing Board appointed a CEO who thinks that Te Rapa is a museum with a spelling mistake.  De Lore gently, but ever so piercingly, questioned Allen's suitability for his role.

17 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

I was reminded of it as I read Brian Gaynor's piece in this morning's NZ Herald.  Brian lamented the sad fact that NZ's listed companies had fallen so far behind the Australian ones.  Brian Gaynor writes that;

Is this the guy whose company got done for insider trading?  Lost all credibility for me when that happened!