RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

TFC BBQ

Apparently the TFC crew are to celebrate their WINNINGS from the last 10 weeks punting by shouting a BBQ at the Matamata tracecourse after the workouts on Thursday 15th ( TBC ).

WINNERS

J.Tan        $622............ $329 loss after 20 weeks

tu Lang   $461.............. $614 profit  "   "         "

A.Rodley   $315............ $7      Loss      "          "

M.Cross    $26...............$521  Loss       "         "

M.Guerin   " What Paddy Shot at in A$ "

Should we remind them that the results for the previous 10 weeks are still in the back of our minds ( as reported on the TAB website 06/01/18

J.Tan          -$951 ( Loss )

Stu Lang      $153 (  ++ )

A.Rodley      - $322 ( Loss )

M.Cross       - $547 ( Loss )

M. Guerin     " Who Dares " Cares

Of course the irony here is that THE OVERALL WINNER AFTER 20 NWEEKS IS THE ONLY SELECTOR THAT DOESN'T APPEAR ON THE SHOW.

Enjoy your sausages chaps.

I continue to wonder what their function actually is.

They are all employed by the TAB when you peel it back............ who would hardly want consistent success from the punters.

Or is that it , they are hand picked for their inability to pick a winner ?

As I am writing this I note today that the first quaddie picks today would have set you back $45 + $81 + $192 and they flew the team up from ChCh to give you the $192 loss missing the 1st 2 legs.

They are a running advertisement for phoning problem gambling OR at least firm proof of how bad the Quaddie bet is.

35 minutes ago, ivanthegreat said:

I continue to wonder what their function actually is.

They are all employed by the TAB when you peel it back............ who would hardly want consistent success from the punters.

Or is that it , they are hand picked for their inability to pick a winner ?

As I am writing this I note today that the first quaddie picks today would have set you back $45 + $81 + $192 and they flew the team up from ChCh to give you the $192 loss missing the 1st 2 legs.

They are a running advertisement for phoning problem gambling OR at least firm proof of how bad the Quaddie bet is.

Nothing wrong with the Quaddie Ivan...you just need a clue or two to get one.....;)

Mind you, the Get On team can't seem to get one either, even though their other individual selections are usually pretty good.

The bit that really makes me laugh about them is they often do 6 or 7 bets - often with a place element. Even if they got one or two up they are likely to be losing.

So either they know nothing about punting - or tbf maybe they are told to generate interest by throwing a few around...

The reality of it is that it is not in the TABs best interests to have their staff come up

with the goods so that punters can offload and ensure that the Bookies lose money for the TAB.

Havent invested on Gallops for a helluva long time as I don’t beleive that you can follow form well enough to make sufficient money to make it worth the effort.

The presenters that are employed by the TAB may have a good general knowledge of racing but don’t think they are much cop at picking winners, or else that is what they would be doing rather than needing to be presenting!

You guys who talk about punting and how much money you make crack me up.  If any of you kept proper records of betting history you would all be down the tubes.  The mind has a wonderful way of tricking you into thinking your a winner by forgetting the bad times and remembering the endorphin producing wins. 

Read a few books on the psychology of gambling some time and you will realise the trackside team are probably above average in their prediction abilities, the difference is their results are recorded for everyone to see.

33 minutes ago, Gofta said:

You guys who talk about punting and how much money you make crack me up.  If any of you kept proper records of betting history you would all be down the tubes.  The mind has a wonderful way of tricking you into thinking your a winner by forgetting the bad times and remembering the endorphin producing wins. 

Read a few books on the psychology of gambling some time and you will realise the trackside team are probably above average in their prediction abilities, the difference is their results are recorded for everyone to see.

Gotta, there are many punters that make money, and that is why the TAB restricts the winning punters, as they see them as a liability.

There are also many punters who can not get bets on thru their overseas account as well due to them consistently winning, including myself.

I only invest on harness racing as the other 2 codes Gallops and dogs are too hard to win consistently.

The TAB love the smaller punter who just do it for a bit of fun and they are the losing punter.

You are totally wrong if you think that there are no winning punters.

4 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Gotta, there are many punters that make money, and that is why the TAB restricts the winning punters, as they see them as a liability.

There are also many punters who can not get bets on thru their overseas account as well due to them consistently winning, including myself.

I only invest on harness racing as the other 2 codes Gallops and dogs are too hard to win consistently.

The TAB love the smaller punter who just do it for a bit of fun and they are the losing punter.

You are totally wrong if you think that there are no winning punters.

I realise there are winning punters and I have been lucky enough to meet two in my life,  both living in Australia.  The discipline required is something I have yet to see in New Zealand.  In my experience these very few professionals keep a low profile.  I am surprised as one of these global elite, you make a big song and dance on this website. 

44 minutes ago, Gofta said:

I realise there are winning punters and I have been lucky enough to meet two in my life,  both living in Australia.  The discipline required is something I have yet to see in New Zealand.  In my experience these very few professionals keep a low profile.  I am surprised as one of these global elite, you make a big song and dance on this website. 

Doesn’t make any difference to restrictions!!

Global elite not in my vocabulary, not being given a fair deal is though

24 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Doesn’t make any difference to restrictions!!

Global elite not in my vocabulary, not being given a fair deal is though

Give it a rest, you've bored everyone to death on this subject and how you are restricted by TAB on Harness forum. You were also warned by owner to desist, are you not that clever

11 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

Give it a rest, you've bored everyone to death on this subject and how you are restricted by TAB on Harness forum. You were also warned by owner to desist, are you not that clever

It is a topic worth debating!

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

It is a topic worth debating!

This is the Thoroughbred forum and as you don't by your own admission invest/punt on gallops  why is it worth debating. You've told us on many occasions how you are a constant winning punter and that you are restricted both domestically and now overseas.

On 3/3/2018 at 11:14 AM, ivanthegreat said:

Apparently the TFC crew are to celebrate their WINNINGS from the last 10 weeks punting by shouting a BBQ at the Matamata tracecourse after the workouts on Thursday 15th ( TBC ).

WINNERS

J.Tan        $622............ $329 loss after 20 weeks

tu Lang   $461.............. $614 profit  "   "         "

A.Rodley   $315............ $7      Loss      "          "

M.Cross    $26...............$521  Loss       "         "

M.Guerin   " What Paddy Shot at in A$ "

Should we remind them that the results for the previous 10 weeks are still in the back of our minds ( as reported on the TAB website 06/01/18

J.Tan          -$951 ( Loss )

Stu Lang      $153 (  ++ )

A.Rodley      - $322 ( Loss )

M.Cross       - $547 ( Loss )

M. Guerin     " Who Dares " Cares

Of course the irony here is that THE OVERALL WINNER AFTER 20 NWEEKS IS THE ONLY SELECTOR THAT DOESN'T APPEAR ON THE SHOW.

Enjoy your sausages chaps.

Should I book a table for Racecafers???

Cheers.

Robert.