RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Peter Jenkins

Summer-Autumn Trans-Tasman Super Comp Round 6 Sat Mar 3 entries here

Big, big match today, the Double AA maestros up against the good folk of Mainly $$$ - the Double AAs on the rise from an earlier 8th to now 5th and after today 3rd with Joker to come.... the Mainly $$$ grimly hanging on to 2nd with the pack poised to pounce. Full credit  though to Mainly $$$ though on what they've done to date - showing the power of a collective strength overcoming individual limitations. :D

Good to see 10 races today at the home ground of the Mighty Blues - the mighty Ellerslie - probably have to go back to Sid Tonks days to find another 10-race card there. :)

I'm all concentration today -a much steadier hand on the dart - as it will be Captain v Captain, Mighty Blue stalwart  v Mighty Blue stalwart, Howie v Brian.

These are the ones I'm pinning my aspirations on :-

• R1 ) 1x9   
  •          Magic Chai - often piddles out of the gate to negate prospects, but will bring the 'A' game today that saw the Wellington Cup victory.
  •           Comin'through - no horse 9 has won in this Comp to date, but with the light weight and right credentials this one will see number 9 home first in the comp opener today
  • R2)  5x7
  •          Tiptronic - strong form background, in-form trainers, No.1 jockey - what could possibly go wrong ? :D. I'm a believer.
  •          Yearn - has covered plenty of extra ground  in last few starts. All the stats point to this one going very, very close.
  • R3)  3x12
  •          Sacred Day - Looks one of the bet bets of the day, and if Lethal can get the run at the right time this will be a home run.
  •          Steven James - Has shown much promise in the few runs to date, back to favoured distance and from a good draw will give them plenty to think about.
  • R4)  2x3
  •          Santos - Won like a real good one last time out. On paper has to be the one, and odds will reflect that.
  •          Sandbar  - Has done everything asked of it to date, and no reason why it won't carry on its winning ways.
  • R5)  3x7
  •          Satin Slipper -  Impressive performances in career make this the obvious choice from the favourable draw.
  •          Seabrook - Plenty to like about it's runs to date, and wouldn't surprise to see Seabrook finish over the top of them.
  • R6)  1x7     Best Bet NZ
  •          Julius - Terrifically impressive this campaign and even if it carried 59 kgs I'd make it my top bet. It's carrying 56 kgs - so surely a home run.   
  •          Sultan of Swing - Has looked good both sides of the Tasman. Possesses a very strong finishing burst, and am confident it will finish closest to Julius.
  • R7)  2x4
  •          Civil Disobedience - any Aussie raider in a New Zealand race I'm always on. Won't be changing that process today, though I've got no idea how good this one is.
  •           Mission Hill - Has looked the goods in all it's starts, and a very strong lead-up last start performance said " back me " 
  • R8)  4x6      Best Bet Australia
  •          Frolic - Top performer in debut season and a big, big run at season's opener. With any sort of improvement will be the one they all have to beat.
  •          Shumookh - Highly impressive in short career, and from the favourable draw will be in this all the way.
  • R9)  5x7
  •         Muraaqeb - I keep backing him and and he keeps flashing at them late to keep me interested. It's no time now to bail, especially with the attractive price.
  •         Main Stage - Eye-catching performance first-up, and with any sort of improvement will be in this right up to its ears. 
  • R10)  1x3
  •           Fell Swoop - If he's ever going to win again this will be the one. It' been a long time between drinks. More hopeful than confident.
  •           Crystal Dreamer - Formline is strong, and did well enough last time out to suggest this field is well within range.

Good luck today to my team-mates Cat, Tom, Casper, and Wrinkles. Hope you score plenty of dollars today for us Double AAs.

Wishing you well too Brian and the Mainly $$$, hope you all enjoy a great day's racing both sides of the Tasman.

No Joker play today, so Dark Horsies be very scared, we're a comin' for ya, 10 March.

Thanks very much, PJ. I hope you score plenty of dollars today too.

Morning all.

Cheers today

1.   2/9

2.   1/7

3.   3/14

4.   2/3

5.   2/3

6.   1/9

7.   7/19 (Sorry. Have to)BB

8.   2/6

9.   11/15

10   1/3 BB

PAMS Pics

1.   2/9

2.   3/8

3.   13/14

4.   3/6

5.   2/8

6.   1/7

7.   4/7 BB

8.   3/7

9.   11/16 BB

10  6/8

Good luck all

16 hours ago, jack said:

Mainly  $$$$

R10)   3,9

Good Punting Casper .....

Cheers PJ

Scratching Replacement  :  R10)   2,3

cheers

6 minutes ago, hesi said:

You didn't go for Julius in R6, surprised?

Yeah will probably bite me but I thought he was too short, and I'm a fan of the two I've picked.  Tend to avoid backing horses who've had issues when they are that short. Chances are he will win but I won't risk it. 

Wrinkles didn't pick Julius either so that helped my decision a bit - remember, despite many peoples' fascination with dollars earned, this is after all a H2H competition :)

Good luck today!

R1 8=9

R2 7=9

R3 3=5

R4 5=6

R5 2=3

R6 1=6

R7 2=18 BB

R8 2=6

R9 2=15 BB

R10 2=7

All the best Jack/AAs  looking forward to my match up with Chiefy Jack and the anticipated clash of the two Captains, Augusta starting to hit their straps now should Ad a couple more points to our tally, Captain Howie has his timed our prep to perfection

cheers

1. Ellerslie R3 - 2,9
2. Ellerslie R4 - 1,7
3. Ellerslie R5 - 3,7
4. Randwick R3 - 2,3
5. Randwick R4 - 3,7
6. Ellerslie R8 - 2,5
7. Ellerslie R9 - 4,18 BB
8. Randwick R7 - 2,4
9. Flemington R7 - 1,15 BB
10. Flemington R8 - 2,6

Good luck Skelly. Go 5NT. :ph34r:

cheers
R

hey pete dogzstar1  rob  is away  without  net  for the next few weeks sorting ou  family bussiness hes without  internet   so he has got me  to send tips   through for you  

i  will do them till i hear otherwise 

1. Ellerslie R3 - 6 9

2. Ellerslie R4 3 5

3. Ellerslie R5 - 1   3 

4. Randwick R3 2 6

5. Randwick R4 - 3 7 
6. Ellerslie R8 - 1 5

7. Ellerslie R9 - 4 18 bb

8. Randwick R7 - 2 3

9. Flemington R7 1 11bb

10. Flemington R8 2 8