RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Punter9696

Race 11 at Addington Weird

Today race 11 at Addington result is 6/1/5 but on the podium is 6/1/7 and a nose margin between 3rd and 4th, looking at replays it looks to my eye 7 got 3rd.... Who should be held accountable?Stipes? for incorrect dogs on the podium with such a small margin? if we are to believe the result is 6/1/5.

Addington Race 11 27th Feb 2018.JPG

Close up Race 11 Addington.JPG

Race 11 Crate & Barrel Hotel Stakes - C1 - 520 (3) GOLDSTAR CHIEF Hampered on entering back straight losing all chance. (4) VASTERBOTTENOST Slow to begin.Jostled for a distance passing winning post first occasion. (5) KNOW LEAVE Slow to begin. (7) DAVE'S DOT Hampered on entering back straight. (8) DYNA VERNON Slow to begin.Jostled for a distance passing winning post first occasion.Hampered and lost momentum first turn.Further contacted rounding first turn.Hampered on entering back straight. (10/2) OPAWA EXTREME Injured at the lure post race veterinary inspection revealed

Interesting no mention of incorrect dogs on the podium....How can we take you seriously Stipes as to doing your job properly, surely someone on course would pick this up. Is no one taking responsibility?

10 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Isn't the podium a bit like an aftermatch presentation ?

Agree, the results are the results. 5 was 3rd. Who cares about what dog showed on the podium. Put it down to human error... People make mistakes, do they not? 

1 hour ago, Catalina said:

Agree, the results are the results. 5 was 3rd. Who cares about what dog showed on the podium. Put it down to human error... People make mistakes, do they not? 

Yes I agree everyone makes mistakes in life I have made plenty, but I can't see anyone taking responsibility for the mistake, to not happen again. Stewards are paid a decent salary why was this not mention in the stipes report.

1. Who told the handler his dog was 3rd? Stewards this is a good starting point to find how this human error occurred. 

2. Trackside should've informed the viewers that this was a mistake on the podium and official result is 6/1/5 as the margin is only a nose. Yes Trackside were aware as I informed them and their response was to call Racing Integrity Unit, I called and they advised me its not their responsibility but they will inform the Stewards on course and get back to me ASAP still waiting! 

3. Now I believe no message was passed on to the Stewards, due to no mention in the stipes report. Racing Integrity Unit won't try and correct the issue from not happening again, Stewards on course obviously don't care or not aware either is a bad look.

1 hour ago, Punter9696 said:

Yes I agree everyone makes mistakes in life I have made plenty, but I can't see anyone taking responsibility for the mistake, to not happen again. Stewards are paid a decent salary why was this not mention in the stipes report.

1. Who told the handler his dog was 3rd? Stewards this is a good starting point to find how this human error occurred. 

2. Trackside should've informed the viewers that this was a mistake on the podium and official result is 6/1/5 as the margin is only a nose. Yes Trackside were aware as I informed them and their response was to call Racing Integrity Unit, I called and they advised me its not their responsibility but they will inform the Stewards on course and get back to me ASAP still waiting! 

3. Now I believe no message was passed on to the Stewards, due to no mention in the stipes report. Racing Integrity Unit won't try and correct the issue from not happening again, Stewards on course obviously don't care or not aware either is a bad look.

Imagine if the third placed dog was a swab?

5 hours ago, Punter9696 said:

No stone unturned ?

1 hour ago, Catalina said:

Did anyone die? 

Are you somehow connected to Christchurch Greyhound Club? Joined yesterday to post.

I have since received an email from RIU general manager explaining its the Club at fault, not a Stewards responsibility as this didn't happen during the race and Stewards were aware after being informed.

5 hours ago, Punter9696 said:

Are you somehow connected to Christchurch Greyhound Club? Joined yesterday to post.

I have since received an email from RIU general manager explaining its the Club at fault, not a Stewards responsibility as this didn't happen during the race and Stewards were aware after being informed.

Hopefully that helps you sleep better at night ❤️