RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Well done to NZTAB

Back to the topic at hand.

We are lucky in Otago that the ODT has at least one and usually two local racing articles each day thanks to Matt Smith previously and Jonny Turner now.

From today's ODT:

"There were six win bets of $10,000 on yesterday's racing and three from $5000 to $9000.

All the investments were down the drain except a $10,000 bet on Franco June,the winner of Race 4.

The TAB could not confirm whether the big bets were from the same punter or different bettors or where the bets were placed.

A spokesman from the TAB confirmed the bets were placed on a TAB account rather than at the track"

Apart from that there were several $1000 bets on horses paying $30 or more..... all on a bog grass track

Any betting agency in the world is going to encourage a bettor like that

On a completely different note the ODT this morning told us that Sarah Palin is in foal to Bacardi Lindy...as she's a half sister to Dark Horse that foal will have some value.I suspect we might see it racing for the Griffin Syndicate?

And on yet another completely different note I loved Jason's seagull commemts.Waikouaiti iracecourse s a haven for them.

I was there ten years or so ago when the massed flocks were soaring overhead...I looked up (slightly mouth open as it turned out) and the most almighty deposit dropped right into my mouth.Needless to say those with me thought it was hilarious but I was less amused.

10 hours ago, BackPoonDrinkGoon said:

Never heard of bowlers? Agencies ? Betfair ? Corps?

Agencies still can’t get a lot on.

Betfair, not great at all for NZ harness for decent amounts!

Bowlers? Don’t go to bowling clubs or 10 pin!!!

Corps? Sounds painful and no idea what the hell it is ?

Corps and bowlers never been mentioned on here before as far as I am aware!

34 minutes ago, Bruce M said:

We are lucky in Otago that the ODT has at least one and usually two local racing articles each day thanks to Matt Smith previously and Jonny Turner now.

From today's ODT:

"There were six win bets of $10,000 on yesterday's racing and three from $5000 to $9000.

All the investments were down the drain except a $10,000 bet on Franco June,the winner of Race 4.

The TAB could not confirm whether the big bets were from the same punter or different bettors or where the bets were placed.

A spokesman from the TAB confirmed the bets were placed on a TAB account rather than at the track"

Apart from that there were several $1000 bets on horses paying $30 or more..... all on a bog grass track

On a completely different note the ODT this morning told us that Sarah Palin is in foal to Bacardi Lindy...as she's a half sister to Dark Horse that foal will have some value.I suspect we might see it racing for the Griffin Syndicate?

And on yet another completely different note I loved Jason's seagull commemts.Waikouaiti iracecourse s a haven for them.

I was there ten years or so ago when the massed flocks were soaring overhead...I looked up (slightly mouth open as it turned out) and the most almighty deposit dropped right into my mouth.Needless to say those with me thought it was hilarious but I was less amused.

Bruce, so if these bets are legitimate and they are prepared to pay out 100k for a 1k wager then why on earth are they so damned conservative with certain other punters in NZ?

Maybe they are softening up and prepared to allow punters to actually take up the odds that the Bookies are offering!

Wouldnt think so and if these bets are ,egotimate then I would guarantee that they were from known losing punters from what I have been told!

1 hour ago, Bruce M said:

Sure have Bruce - got our name down - what a racehorse that foal will be - all those training miles in already :-)

1 hour ago, Bruce M said:

From today's ODT:

Thanks for those updates Bruce,ODT has always had a reasonable racing page.

It would be a long time since Peter Davis drove 3 winners in a day. Well done to him and Margo

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Bruce, so if these bets are legitimate and they are prepared to pay out 100k for a 1k wager then why on earth are they so damned conservative with certain other punters in NZ?

Maybe they are softening up and prepared to allow punters to actually take up the odds that the Bookies are offering!

Wouldnt think so and if these bets are ,egotimate then I would guarantee that they were from known losing punters from what I have been told!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, stop repeating your same old dribble. We get it Wayne , pity you cant. Your restricted, its their call. As you keep telling us they let losing accounts on for large amounts but restrict big SD's like you to as little as possible. Try ringing them up and asking for higher amounts cos your current strategy on here isnt working

19 hours ago, Bruce M said:

It seems that in virtually every race at Waikouaiti this weekend someone has had a $5000 to $10,000 bet.Some of them have been on horses which are quite unused to carrying such responsibility eg Dying to Meet You and Holdontoyaspurs.

There has to be a story here...these are not normal and rational bets.

Losing punter with too much money to spend. Dream result for the TAB. The other dream result would be restricting Brodie and getting a good laugh on his posts here!

1 hour ago, Fartoomuch said:

It would be a long time since Peter Davis drove 3 winners in a day. Well done to him and Margo

At least a decade and a half ago I reckon.

He has had a good innings. Numerous doubles including on consecutive days at Forbury and Nelson. Even a four in a day from memory.

I first noticed him when he was junior driver and won on consecutive nights at Canty Park with the same horse up from Southland.

On 2/27/2018 at 10:49 AM, Fartoomuch said:

On 2/27/2018 at 11:42 AM, Kotare_Hunter said:

At least a decade and a half ago I reckon.

He has had a good innings. Numerous doubles including on consecutive days at Forbury and Nelson. Even a four in a day from memory.

I first noticed him when he was junior driver and won on consecutive nights at Canty Park with the same horse up from Southlan

Peter  drove the winners of 4 races at Nelson on the 13th June 2010...

Fly The Flag

Another Homer

Zealous Lady

Tonks Street.

He also drove 3 winners at Forbury Park on the 5th September 2002..

Franco Nicholas

Franco Ethos

Franco Titan...

The horse he won on concecutive nights was Smoothover on 1st & 2nd January 1979 trained by R.A.Crooks.

Cheers..............