Sign in to follow this  
Iraklis

Its Here At Last MMile Time

62 posts in this topic

Oh boy, Oh boy, it's here at last Miracle Mile night, GOOOO! The Kiwis!!!!!! sorry sorry ;) oh oh just before I get goin I must make an apology to some Kiwis over aus, trainin, drivin, racing there in my efforts to be cheerin for our Kiwi guns I left out Tim & Ants Butt and last but not least Field Marshall (spare me days), many apologies, totally forgot about Tim and Field Marshall, good to see him hittin his straps since his op....now back to biz, guys!

The Champ has it ahead of him that's no doubt, but 10 (turns into 8 after emergencies are out) dang it! of all the times to come up with that marble, still if The Faith can do a down the outside at full noise (a few misfires thrown in), I reckon so can The Champ (oh gawd he's just gotta do it, sorry nerves) right that's done it, ahh guys is it too early for a sneaky slurp just to keep nerves at bay?....gawd I wonder how Nat (queen of blat! :) (Kiwi motor racing term for great speed) is feelin right now knowin the job she has ahead of her, Mark has done his part GO! Mark!, now tiz down to Nat and the mighty Lazzzzie!!! kinda ironic, Kiwi gun bein driven in race by ozzie gun, yuh gotta love it.......GO! Nat!

Geezuz I'm a wreck I'll never make it, what times it on again?......GOOOOO!!! THE MIGHTY LAZZIE!!!! GIVE IT HEAPS FIELD MARSHALL!!!!   :D

 

Cheers Iraklis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Oh boy, Oh boy, it's here at last Miracle Mile night, GOOOO! The Kiwis!!!!!! sorry sorry ;) oh oh just before I get goin I must make an apology to some Kiwis over aus, trainin, drivin, racing there in my efforts to be cheerin for our Kiwi guns I left out Tim & Ants Butt and last but not least Field Marshall (spare me days), many apologies, totally forgot about Tim and Field Marshall, good to see him hittin his straps since his op....now back to biz, guys!

The Champ has it ahead of him that's no doubt, but 10 (turns into 8 after emergencies are out) dang it! of all the times to come up with that marble, still if The Faith can do a down the outside at full noise (a few misfires thrown in), I reckon so can The Champ (oh gawd he's just gotta do it, sorry nerves) right that's done it, ahh guys is it too early for a sneaky slurp just to keep nerves at bay?....gawd I wonder how Nat (queen of blat! :) (Kiwi motor racing term for great speed) is feelin right now knowin the job she has ahead of her, Mark has done his part GO! Mark!, now tiz down to Nat and the mighty Lazzzzie!!! kinda ironic, Kiwi gun bein driven in race by ozzie gun, yuh gotta love it.......GO! Nat!

Geezuz I'm a wreck I'll never make it, what times it on again?......GOOOOO!!! THE MIGHTY LAZZIE!!!! GIVE IT HEAPS FIELD MARSHALL!!!!   :D

 

Cheers Iraklis

I'm one of his biggest fans but he will need to be better than even i thought to win tonight. Bad draws are never great but overcoming virus's in a short space is even harder. No bets for me tonight against him though as he still might perform a miracle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Hey Harewood, you gunna be there front and centre tonight?

Yep in front of the TV but not over east live unfortunately. 

Hopefully a great race with a great time with two horses wanting to lead at all costs. Could be a 1.47 mile if they go to war which unfortunately is the only way I can see Laz winning. Never have thought of him as a sprinter so it will truly be a Miracle Mile if he can get up. Heres hoping for that miracle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.46.9 My Field Marshall. Wow!!

I thought best bet of the night was TAB special on Lazarus to win, to run 2-3, or to run 4-10 (yeah, I know there was only 8 runners), with the outside option being 4-10. That always looked likely from barrier 8. I think Nat tried to move him around, but on that pace there was no chance. He didn't look 100% either, but first time not 1-2-3 in 45 career starts. Better stayer than a sprinter, didn't think he could win but still expected better than that. He's had a tough last few months, and deserves a good rest now. Was a great race, and great to see a horse coming from well back to win the MM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great drive by Ants. Waited well into straight before coming off horses back.

Always remember those mile races in the USA in the 80s, think Niatross went 1.52 in a 2yo or 3yo race from memory, then we are having times the same in nz & AU's, how our breeds have improved.

Gallops times around the same as 80s, shows 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is everyone's view on the Purdon runners recently?

I know we expect a lot from them, but the last few weeks most of the team going thru the motions?

Poor old Laz, 3 wide going nowhere on a hot pace, after real hard racing recently. Let's hope this has no long term effect on horse, 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That virus that went through em still obviously affectin them, bloody shame :( still The Champ is only 5yr old he's been up for awhile now, time for a break and he will be back :D just bloody awesome to see Kiwibreds still fastest in southern hemi, Foreal's son yehhhhh boy!!!!

 

Cheers Iraklis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Mile racing is terrible!

Anything can win on the day!

Menangle mile racing is not consistent and it is just a lottery, with no consistency as to how the horses are driven as it is generally just handlebars down.

Not sure why the U.S. still race over a mile as it is past it’s used by date

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Portfolio said:

What is everyone's view on the Purdon runners recently?

I know we expect a lot from them, but the last few weeks most of the team going thru the motions?

Poor old Laz, 3 wide going nowhere on a hot pace, after real hard racing recently. Let's hope this has no long term effect on horse, 

 

Pretty well documented that Ozzie horses were hit with virus that's taken its toll on the team. As they have been up for a long time they are usually more susceptible so i suspect they will all be on a plane soon and in the paddock for a decent break.

They lined up first 2yr olds on Friday night and ran 1-2 . Today's Sapling stakes will see a few more debut but the A team is being sent North for young guns heats/series according to one of their owners

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

Pretty well documented that Ozzie horses were hit with virus that's taken its toll on the team. As they have been up for a long time they are usually more susceptible so i suspect they will all be on a plane soon and in the paddock for a decent break.

They lined up first 2yr olds on Friday night and ran 1-2 . Today's Sapling stakes will see a few more debut but the A team is being sent North for young guns heats/series according to one of their owners

Maybe Laz should not have started last night? Not a good look for punters really, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Value Bell said:

Idolmite, Another Dunedin horse wins the Miracle Mile. Lazarus now Field Marshall, both owned or bred in Dunedin. Syd Brown has had horses for years at Mosgiel.

Lazarus yet to win a Miracle Mile.

Master Mood had owners from Dunedin I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Mile racing is terrible!

Every man to his own Brods.  I personally find it exciting seeing harness horses running  flat out. And 1-46.9 is flat out. And that Trotter at 1-51.5 was flat out, mindboggling for a trotter down under.

Even if Laz was at his best ,that was a bridge to far at that pace off that draw. I actually prefer it to the cat and mouse shit we play at here.

JMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this