RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
myk

Aussie-England Series

I enjoy watching cricket and batting as provided in the 1st test between these two sides.I am definitely not well enough informed to be making opinions on it(except that useless NZ team)with criticism,or even an armchair critic.At least half of the aussie players I weren't familiar with,so presume they are going through a rebuilding phrase,and England the same.If this is what they can achieve rebuilding,look out for the future.But one thing I noticed which I thought only NZ suffered with,was maybe both sides will struggle getting 20 wickets in a game during the next 4 tests.And I would nearly bet on it if they face similar pitches.Maybe we should rush our team over to join in,at least the bowlers would have an excuse for lack of success.Looking foward to next 4 tests,better than watching the current disaster happening in India.

Careful, myk, on Planet Isaac there is an Eleventh Commandment:

Thou shalt not be critical of anyone selected to play for a New Zealand sports team

Your post comes dangerously close to crossing the line!

I'd invest in a 'Myk? No, he left town' sign for your front door!

page of the Melbourne "Herald Sun" newspaper on Monday I think, had a photo of M Johnson under the headline "Great White Hype".

Love it!

Johnson's main problem is that he has a genetic disadvantage in that he's not intelligent enough to overcome the problems with his bowling style.

A number of years ago I represented some relatives of Johnson's who were trying to protect their land after it had been compulsorily acquired by the local council.

Of course I won the case but my point is that his relatives weren't the sharpest people I've ever met and it looks like Johnson is the same.

Mind you, anyone that understands the law of common sense would know what I mean.

I just copped one of my worst floggings of all time on that game.

You could have backed the draw at 11s 12s and 13s but why would you it just seemed like a bad bet. And then about a million runs were scored for the loss of only 7 wickets.

The batsmen on both sides must be looking forward to the rest of the series, more especially the poms as the Aussie bowlers look woeful.

Leave me out of Adelaide but go the Poms.

Your taking the piss right? If not say no more slBoy

Prove me wrong..

See, what australian team has lost, what was it? 12 ODI's in a row???

Not sure if it was 12, they might have scored a constalation win agaisnt Sri Lanka when the series was done.

Aussie cricket at the moment is horrible. Just look at their players!... Strife!

Prove me wrong..

See, what australian team has lost, what was it? 12 ODI's in a row???

Not sure if it was 12, they might have scored a constalation win agaisnt Sri Lanka when the series was done.

Aussie cricket at the moment is horrible. Just look at their players!... Strife!

Oh so you make a statement that it "was" 12 in a row, now you're not sure.

Yet it's confirmed the kiwis have lost 8 in a row and climbing.

Yet the aussies may have got a "constalation"?

The only one seeing stars around here is you, the aussies are not doing to flash but really mate, you need to look in your own backyard first before being critical of others.

Losing a one dayer by 8wkts, what the hell is that about? :D

I have always maintained sporting supremacy is cyclical and now it's (aus) cricket and league on the penny farthing.

Zelda was remarking over a cup of tea in the pickle factory today that "Roicky Punting should not expectorate so much on his palms" .......why she is interested in his horticulture i don't know BUT this team he leads is $hithouse in the extreme.

What goes around comes around.

I can see the torch and co now, ....blind as bats on kiwi fruit punch , enjoy the ride .

I have always maintained sporting supremacy is cyclical and now it's (aus) cricket and league on the penny farthing.

Zelda was remarking over a cup of tea in the pickle factory today that "Roicky Punting should not expectorate so much on his palms" .......why she is interested in his horticulture i don't know BUT this team he leads is $hithouse in the extreme.

What goes around comes around.

I can see the torch and co now, ....blind as bats on kiwi fruit punch , enjoy the ride .

Good honesty Pogo. Na not blind - just quietly enjoying a fair series and a realisation by the over arrogant Australian media that their team IS actually in a slump. Shame they couldnt see it when so many could! I now understand how the rugby world probably viewed our ABs in 1990-1991.

..... just quietly enjoying a fair series

...funniest assessment ever.

England, in their last two turns at bat, have amassed 1137 runs for the loss of only 6 wickets......and you call that fair!:D

Or to look at it another way, Australia have bowled 1824 deliveries (304 overs), and only taken 6 wickets......that's 1 wicket every 304 deliveries (or 50.4 overs).

Leave the assessing to those with a feel for the game and stick to what you do best......(the bowler wants to come back over the wicket now I'll let you do your 'thing').

...funniest assessment ever.

England, in their last two turns at bat, have amassed 1137 runs for the loss of only 6 wickets......and you call that fair!:D

Or to look at it another way, Australia have bowled 1824 deliveries (304 overs), and only taken 6 wickets......that's 1 wicket every 304 deliveries (or 50.4 overs).

Leave the assessing to those with a feel for the game and stick to what you do best......(the bowler wants to come back over the wicket now I'll let you do your 'thing').

I wonder if your brain ever uses a refferal system before it logs in one of your personalities?? :D

I wonder if your brain ever uses a refferal system before it logs in one of your personalities?? :D

Seeing you pluck the word "brain" from your extensive vocabulary, and use it in a sentence, seems a bit ironic to me.

Stephen Hawking you are not!;)