RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
LongOwner

Richard Brosnan Press Release

Why does HRNZ produce full page press statements on negative matters such as this unfortunate case .

The article states HRNZ as its source .

The Throughbred body is very “closed door “ with such matters and may release a small “run on “ type statement .

A press release about Lazarus and the miracle mile would be far more positive.

Let the journalists do their job and dig for sensationalism and gutter articles while HRNZ should produce positive articles .

The Thoroughbred body is very “closed door “ with such matters and may release a small “run on “ type statement

one would never have known about Kavanagh, Moody,O'Brien and the Hopes who all got positives to Cobalt but for those bloody journalists.

It was good to see he got off relatively light.

Guest Hunterthenutter
1 hour ago, tim vince said:

His peers all know Richard aint a cheat.things happen beyond one' control in life.

great trainer when he was in south island bonies chance whata  horse she was

Poor old Richard. 

Was always one of my fav drivers / trainers in the 80s. 

Bonnies Chance, what a great mate, he had a great team. 

Sadly, I sort of cringe now when I see him driving his team. I know, people will say he can do what he wants, but I would prefer he watches from the stand, then we can all remember his past achievements , not what he is doing now

3 hours ago, Portfolio said:

Poor old Richard. 

Was always one of my fav drivers / trainers in the 80s. 

Bonnies Chance, what a great mate, he had a great team. 

Sadly, I sort of cringe now when I see him driving his team. I know, people will say he can do what he wants, but I would prefer he watches from the stand, then we can all remember his past achievements , not what he is doing now

Totally agree Portfolio!

Hard to believe how average Richard’s results have been over the years since he moved north to Auckland.

you would have thought he would have been one of the leading trainers in Auckland going by his training record when he was training from Kerrytown in South Canterbury.

He trained so many good horses from there and yet nothing really much cop since he was in Auckland, where he seems to mainly train pretty average trotters that go around week in week out.

Has always loved to get his horses on the fence for some reason!

On 24/02/2018 at 0:15 AM, Brodie said:

Totally agree Portfolio!

Hard to believe how average Richard’s results have been over the years since he moved north to Auckland.

you would have thought he would have been one of the leading trainers in Auckland going by his training record when he was training from Kerrytown in South Canterbury.

He trained so many good horses from there and yet nothing really much cop since he was in Auckland, where he seems to mainly train pretty average trotters that go around week in week out.

I wouldn't call Pompallier average - 20 wins including the Dominion Handicap and NZ Trotting Championship.

24 minutes ago, Focus said:

I wouldn't call Pompallier average - 20 wins including the Dominion Handicap and NZ Trotting Championship.

That was many years ago, I wasn't knocking the guy, always thought his horses looked great, 

When Richard was training from Kerrytown think most  of his good horses were pacers, so not sure why he has concentrated on trotters since he has been in Auckland?

5 minutes ago, Brodie said:

When Richard was training from Kerrytown think most  of his good horses were pacers, so not sure why he has concentrated on trotters since he has been in Auckland?

i think you will find Richard extremely approachable. Let me know if you need his number.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 0:15 AM, Brodie said:

He did get the nickname "birdshit Brosnan", I think ,because he was always stuck to the rails.

Stop waving the big stick at the battlers of the game HRNZ and concentrate on important matters .

53 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

He did get the nickname "birdshit Brosnan", I think ,because he was always stuck to the rails.

Stop waving the big stick at the battlers of the game HRNZ and concentrate on important matters .

Not waving any stick at anyone!

Richards name was brought up and so open for debate as to why such a successful trainer in The South Island couldn’t match the exploits in the North aisland where the racing is so much inferior!

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Not waving any stick at anyone!

Richards name was brought up and so open for debate as to why such a successful trainer in The South Island couldn’t match the exploits in the North aisland where the racing is so much inferior!

Thnx Taku,well noticed. It wasn't aimed at you Brodie.