RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
chelseacol

riccarton track conditions etc

As always I'm looking forward to the races at Riccarton tomorrow.

I am slightly surprised by the Dead 5 track update this afternoon. The track was a good 3 start of the week - copped 70mm + of rain - got to heavy 10, and bounced back....

Mmmm I am a bit suspicious but hope they have it right.

Having said that its a lovely evening now and an ok day tomorrow with no rain at all forecast - so we shall see.

Might do the form with an open mind and await the first race with interest.

Good luck Cubes and others who have runners 

11 hours ago, THE TORCH said:

Cant beat a day out at Riccarton - especially now they have Panhead at the bar!

Same for me Torch - my favourite racetrack to go to for a day at the races, Standing outside the Phar Lap room with a beer in hand looking down the straight at the Alps, and planes coming into the airport - glorious !

Of course the fact I make money there occasionally helps too :ph34r:

46 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

Same for me Torch - my favourite racetrack to go to for a day at the races, Standing outside the Phar Lap room with a beer in hand looking down the straight at the Alps, and planes coming into the airport - glorious !

Of course the fact I make money there occasionally helps too :ph34r:

So long as that bloody cold “easterly” isn’t prevailing, which it so often is. 

Looking forward to getting out there this afternoon for a bit of a look. Have my first ever runner at Riccarton going around. 

Race 6 #1 Castle Hill - not expecting the world fresh up, was supposed to trial at Ashburton on Wednesday, but when they were canned the decision was made to head to the races instead. 

1 hour ago, Insider said:

So long as that bloody cold “easterly” isn’t prevailing, which it so often is. 

Need to toughen up Liz ;)

The Grand National goes for 5 and a half minutes and I am back in the Phar Lap room getting warm  - most other races are much shorter :)

1 hour ago, Counter Punch said:

Looking forward to getting out there this afternoon for a bit of a look. Have my first ever runner at Riccarton going around. 

Race 6 #1 Castle Hill - not expecting the world fresh up, was supposed to trial at Ashburton on Wednesday, but when they were canned the decision was made to head to the races instead. 

???? Not the listed owner so I'm guessing you are the trainer??

1 hour ago, Counter Punch said:

His NI runs should make him better than competitive in this grade at Riccarton. First up obviously an issue as you point out but he ran 4th on debut up north - so its not a huge negative.

More particularly with draw and jockey from 1400m at Riccarton you should get a decent trip. Fixed odds mean EW bet ok.

Good luck 

4 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

???? Not the listed owner so I'm guessing you are the trainer??

Nope, not the trainer - I believe, due to the late decision to actually go to the races - that the ownership paperwork hadn't been completed in time for publication. 

9 minutes ago, Counter Punch said:

Nope, not the trainer - I believe, due to the late decision to actually go to the races - that the ownership paperwork hadn't been completed in time for publication. 

All the best.

Should be a good day there today Col.

Cubes should be asking trainer why two horses in the same race....might not have been too many options if Oaks still on agenda.

Best today - Miss Brahmos and Damselfly......roughies Suggestive Loox and Hardcase in the last.....;)

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Should be a good day there today Col.

Cubes should be asking trainer why two horses in the same race....might not have been too many options if Oaks still on agenda.

Best today - Miss Brahmos and Damselfly......roughies Suggestive Loox and Hardcase in the last.....;)

Doing it hard being in the office this afternoon - esp after making a tiny fortune and drinking the bar nearly dry last Thursday afternoon out there :-)

I think Hughes tried to separate the horses but got balloted in the last. Hope Cubes runs the qu.......although my two for the day are Desert Storm in the 7th (sorry Cubes), and Hardcase at decent odds in the last

5 hours ago, chelseacol said:

Need to toughen up Liz ;)

The Grand National goes for 5 and a half minutes and I am back in the Phar Lap room getting warm  - most other races are much shorter :)

Yes, ladies like myself like to wear “fashion” and generally there’s not much of it, is there?

The wine helps to keep me warm, but it lowers the successfulnes of my betting.

My late father once said; “booze and you lose”.

17 minutes ago, Insider said:

Yes, ladies like myself like to wear “fashion” and generally there’s not much of it, is there?

The wine helps to keep me warm, but it lowers the successfulnes of my betting.

My late father once said; “booze and you lose”.

All true - although some of my best ever betting days have been during big days drinking - not sure what that says actually^_^

On 2/23/2018 at 10:58 PM, kdt said:

New housing development

Have just Googled it - the stage one area could have housed some more trainers and horses, Deleoping stage 2 & 5 make perfect sense but 3 & 4 - what is going to happen to the markets and where are the cup week crowds going to go?

Hope the hew neighbours don’t get offended and complain about the race commentary noise or the sound of thundering hooves..........

https://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/business/the-rebuild/92629039/300m-Riccarton-Racecourse-housing-development-gets-Government-green-light

3 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

It’s DOC land, leased, trust in perpetuity I think, CJC doesn’t own it but they’ve managed to turn it into a bonanza since the earthquake 

Correct.

The then Conservation Minister, Nick Smith,  gave permission for the original intent of the Founding Fathers of Canterbury's Deed of Gift to be 'modified'  in the case of housing...National needed housing of course,  and the development is in partnership with Ngai Tahu Property.

1 hour ago, Pam Robson said:

Correct.

The then Conservation Minister, Nick Smith,  gave permission for the original intent of the Founding Fathers of Canterbury's Deed of Gift to be 'modified'  in the case of housing...National needed housing of course,  and the development is in partnership with Ngai Tahu Property.

Pam I think you will find that the Trustees have SOLD the land to Ngai Tahu.

Your mission is to find out how much they got for it 20 Million, 30 Million or 50 Million

They tell me it's "TOP SECRET" SO good luck