RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Taku Umanga

Hawera -v- NZ Metro Easter Saturday

Doesn't the Met usually race their Easter Cup on the Saturday night?  I seem to recall sitting at Rough Habit's Bar in Hawera watching the races after dinner, but this year the meeting is programmed as a day meeting ..... which would appear to be direct competition for the Hawera raceday?

1 hour ago, Taku Umanga said:

Doesn't the Met usually race their Easter Cup on the Saturday night?  I seem to recall sitting at Rough Habit's Bar in Hawera watching the races after dinner, but this year the meeting is programmed as a day meeting ..... which would appear to be direct competition for the Hawera raceday?

Easter Cup was a day meeting for donkeys years and then switched to a night meeting. I am glad the Easter Cup is returning to a day meeting it is about time. I don't think there will be too much competition between Addington and Hawera. The former will have Group One races, good fields and fast horses on display, the latter slow horses and poor fields.

13 minutes ago, eljay said:

But Hawera slow horses don't mean poor fields, unless you rate a good field as one with a red hot favourite.     I know where I would rather punt!

Absolutely - I'm not a serious punter by any stretch of the imagination, but my best days having a bet have always been Hawera at Easter.

6 hours ago, Thejanitor said:

Easter Cup was a day meeting for donkeys years and then switched to a night meeting. I am glad the Easter Cup is returning to a day meeting it is about time. I don't think there will be too much competition between Addington and Hawera. The former will have Group One races, good fields and fast horses on display, the latter slow horses and poor fields.

Yes the Met for those who like seeing good horses going around and Hawera to get Brugie excited

1 hour ago, Spikecity said:

Yes the Met for those who like seeing good horses going around and Hawera to get Brugie excited

Think u mean “ The Brodster”

On 22/02/2018 at 7:27 AM, Thejanitor said:

Addington won't gave to compete with the rugby now.