RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

Sir Percy

High Chap was a G1 winner at 2 and I don't think he has left a 2 year old winner yet(or if he has very few) so I think Sir Percy is going very well and he looked fantastic last weekend. All the best to those who have one, exciting times ahead

Fawlty,

While High Chap was indeed a juvenile grp 1 winner, Timeform rated Sir Percy significantly superior, the son of Mark of Esteem earning a 122 assessment at two years, compared to the 115 afforded the Sadlers Wells colt.

Notably Sir Percy was out in May of his two-year-old season whereas High Chap did not debut until September.

Despite Sir Percy's juvenile prowress it is still highly speculative to try and assess his performance as a stallion at this early stage. Forest makes a good point the type of mare he served in the NH.

Nonetheless Henri's point about the quality of his performers to date is relevant. A classic example of how carefully breeders need to treat performance is the case of College Chapel. The demand for his local services went through the roof after he won a first season sires title for individual winners in the UK, but as subsequent results showed, there was little quality amongst those winners.

Apart from Cavaliero, I haven't yet seen one that would make me want to dodge cars on a busy highway BUT I am told that there are a few currently in hiding that may be nice horses. All you can say is that IF they are like Cavaliero, then they have a future. I'd also like to add that Landwades Stud is an alternative stud farm. Its not really conventional in the true sense of a commercial stud farm. Therefore Sir Percy hasn't received the sorts of mares that might be afforded a Coolmore horse. All you can say at this stage is that some of his progeny have maturity enough to win at two, when the sire was a very good Derby winner (check out who was behind him in the Derby).

Apart from Cavaliero, I haven't yet seen one that would make me want to dodge cars on a busy highway BUT I am told that there are a few currently in hiding that may be nice horses. All you can say is that IF they are like Cavaliero, then they have a future. I'd also like to add that Landwades Stud is an alternative stud farm. Its not really conventional in the true sense of a commercial stud farm. Therefore Sir Percy hasn't received the sorts of mares that might be afforded a Coolmore horse. All you can say at this stage is that some of his progeny have maturity enough to win at two, when the sire was a very good Derby winner (check out who was behind him in the Derby).

sandown winner last night 'emmuska'

Emmuska has built towards a nice win and the field she beat included some "blue bloods". The runner up Shantaram is a son of Galizzz out of a Darshaan mare making his first appearance and was supported (2nd favourite) whilst the third horse was a Cape Cross colt also on debut.

The winners to date by Sir Percy have been out of well related but mostly poor or modestly performed mares which makes the results so far more meritorious - early indications that he is upgrading mares bred to him. Sir Percy is certain to have served mares with pedigree and performance here in NZ which has to auger well for his prospects in this region.