RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jess

Jordan Nason

Congratulations on your win at Avondale today.

Didn't follow the races closely today but noticed you standing in the stirrups for quite a distance as you rode down to the gates - hands held high with your grip on the horse's mouth being used to balance yourself in this upright position.

Pretty hard on a horse's mouth to ride this way ... have a look sometime at a rider like Chris Johnson and how kind he is to his horses and what beautiful hands he has ... not only is this a kind way to ride - but it often pays dividends and you regularly see Chris get the best out of his mounts without punishing them.  And some owners are a bit particular about seeing their horses treated well ... I know it makes a difference to me and who I like to see aboard mne ...

Just my 2 cents worth to take or leave as you please ...  all the best, J  

1 minute ago, Chris Wood said:

Bit picky guys, rides nice this fellow and the horses seem to run for him, normally a sign of having a good feel for s horse and kind hands. 

Have observed him here at Cambridge and haven’t seen anything that would concern me.

Thanks for the unbiased opinion Chris... Not seen him in prelims but seems to ride ok.

25 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

And both of you were top jocks yourself of course??? Or even jocks???

Scooby I was reluctant to bother replying to that but can I just say - there wouldn't even be a racecafe if the only ones allowed an opinion here were people who had done it +/- been champions at it ...

And I can't be bothered offering my credentials to try to justify what I thought was a respectfully expressed observation ... 

J.

1 hour ago, jess said:

Scooby I was reluctant to bother replying to that but can I just say - there wouldn't even be a racecafe if the only ones allowed an opinion here were people who had done it +/- been champions at it ...

And I can't be bothered offering my credentials to try to justify what I thought was a respectfully expressed observation ... 

J.

I was asking a decent question you seem to want to bag the guy and you don't even know him, just looking at both sides...cheers.

6 hours ago, jess said:

Congratulations on your win at Avondale today.

Didn't follow the races closely today but noticed you standing in the stirrups for quite a distance as you rode down to the gates - hands held high with your grip on the horse's mouth being used to balance yourself in this upright position.

Pretty hard on a horse's mouth to ride this way ... have a look sometime at a rider like Chris Johnson and how kind he is to his horses and what beautiful hands he has ... not only is this a kind way to ride - but it often pays dividends and you regularly see Chris get the best out of his mounts without punishing them.  And some owners are a bit particular about seeing their horses treated well ... I know it makes a difference to me and who I like to see aboard mne ...

Just my 2 cents worth to take or leave as you please ...  all the best, J  

Leading trainer a while back wasn't too happy with leading jockey so sent him off to well known video analyst for tuition. Kind of beats the theory you need to have been a jockey to offer an informed opinion.

11 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

Leading trainer a while back wasn't too happy with leading jockey so sent him off to well known video analyst for tuition. Kind of beats the theory you need to have been a jockey to offer an informed opinion.

Never said that mister smarty pants as always was asking a question...typical of your normal comments though.

18 hours ago, jess said:

J.

and you don't need to offer your credentials Jess. your opinion is exactly that and was expressed with a clear sens (to my interpretation anyway) of constructive criticism.

Guest 2Admin2
18 hours ago, jess said:

J.

Jess I support your comments entirely.  The responses that you have received are indicative of where the industry is at.  Racing is a sport and if you are on centre stage then suck it up.  Different opinions are what makes sport great.  If we all agreed then there would be $1 favourites in every race.

Guest 2Admin2

Jess at the end of the day most of us on RaceCafe have a love of the horse.  Maybe that thought should be what drives the industry.

44 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Jess at the end of the day most of us on RaceCafe have a love of the horse.  Maybe that thought should be what drives the industry.

As I do too so what is your warped point here...or is it just another way to argue...yeah thought so.

Guest 2Admin2
25 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

As I do too so what is your warped point here...or is it just another way to argue...yeah thought so.

Excuse me?  How warped was my post?  Up to you to explain why as "you own the site and have all the control on who posts what".

Guest 2Admin2
3 minutes ago, Idolmite said:

Stop it, or I'll ban you both. 

Can I choose where I'm banned from?

48 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Can I choose where I'm banned from?

58 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Excuse me?  How warped was my post?  Up to you to explain why as "you own the site and have all the control on who posts what".

No i don't need to explain anything...cheers.

21 hours ago, jess said:

J.

Jess if I offended you i am sorry for that but I just know how hard it is to get a break in this industry and social media can do a person a lot of harm and sometimes it is unwarranted...cheers.

Guest 2Admin2
19 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Jess if I offended you i am sorry for that but I just know how hard it is to get a break in this industry and social media can do a person a lot of harm and sometimes it is unwarranted...cheers.

Jess offered some advice on what I thought was a polite way.  Maybe instead of bagging the messenger you might want to comment on her advice from your own "extensive" riding experience.

12 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Jess offered some advice on what I thought was a polite way.  Maybe instead of bagging the messenger you might want to comment on her advice from your own "extensive" riding experience.

Why dont you just but out instead of arguing for the sake of arguing...you really are becoming tiresome...it is you who keeps saying he has done something in the industry...it seems unknown what is that you actually did???Come on dont be shy... 

Guest 2Admin2
4 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Why dont you just but out instead of arguing for the sake of arguing...you really are becoming tiresome...it is you who keeps saying he has done something in the industry...it seems unknown what is that you actually did???Come on dont be shy... 

Everyone who contributes to this site has done "something" in the racing industry.  It's only you and your mate (currently) who say they have done nothing.  Leo's first response when someone doesn't agree with him is to resort to vile vitriol.  

Just now, 2Admin2 said:

Everyone who contributes to this site has done "something" in the racing industry.  It's only you and your mate (currently) who say they have done nothing.  Leo's first response when someone doesn't agree with him is to resort to vile vitriol.  

I am not talking about anyone but you... so what is your something most in here know what i have done but what about you whats your claim to fame...so whats your something???

I've missed a lot of the history here, but this point about having done something in the industry seems to be coming up a lot.  Does having done something in the industry add weight to one's opinions and viewpoints on here? 

I haven't worked in the industry, apart from my volunteer days with the FCC on the semaphore board at Tauherenikau. I have owned a small share in a number of horses, none of them champions, and I have been betting on horses since I was a teenager and have attended an awful lot of race days.  I still feel I have a good understanding of the industry despite not having been a jockey or a trainer.

I'm also confused about the relationship between Scooby and 2admin2.  Scooby owns the site, but what is 2Admin2's role?  Surely he's not in a paid role because he would have been sacked by now?  Surely he's not volunteering his time because he wouldn't cop all the abuse and keep volunteering?  Is his 2Admin2 nom de plume just a red herring?