RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
nahla

Calling All The Experts

I read on here from numerous moaners bitchers and complainers bad things about the agrc.We had a great day there on sunday and i am inviting all moaners ,to 1. list your gripe and 2.list an idea that will fix that gripe.So many experts out there we should have hundreds of ideas.Ps dont use the easy this not the place to say line...thats pure softcock.

It would be good to sort the problems if there are any...I've only been on track once and thought it was one of the best tracks in the country though that was a year ago. Also find it in the top two tracks to punt at(despite the fields not being strong at present) so I've got no complaints.

1/ your prices are too high in the bar.

Answer, drop your bar prices.

I'll promise to double my on course patronage,from once in 5 years,to two.

50% increase,wow.

Bev,chief moaner and bitch.

$4 for a stubbie is to dear!!!Best you head back to the bowling club you must drink at..

hay Bev prices up this way for alkihol all pretty standard pay much more at nite club. The boss man at ak sucks in more ways than one he can go, needs more advetising and road signs, to show were place is gota get more people here an theres to much backstabbin here

Guest G McCarthy

Needs another track and/or a track just for greyhounds.

Big duel code meetings are good at Addington but the vast emptyness of it would put me off being a spectator/punter at most greyhound meetings there.

Guest G McCarthy

I enjoy taking friends and family there and plenty of good people to catch up with. And some great staff behind the scenes that put plenty back into the industry.

Sorry I do not drink at Bowling clubs,but drink at Wanganui greyhounds where the cans are $3.50 which I do not drink, I drink a single Bacardi and coke which I pay $4, at Auckland I had 2 and it cost $7 each.

So I stopped drinking.

Bev

Needs another track and/or a track just for greyhounds.

Big duel code meetings are good at Addington but the vast emptyness of it would put me off being a spectator/punter at most greyhound meetings there.

enough tracks down here we just need more dates at Addington beside what we have. cheers Jim

Someone said the drinks at Wanganui are great value. I heard Craig Roberts saying he thought there should be 2 tracks in Canterbury to cut down travel time. I think more advertising should be done in the mainstream. I've taken people on track and they said if I hadn't told them about it they would never have known abot dog racing. All have really enjoyed it and can't wait to go again. Obviously that's more towards all clubs, not just Auckland.

Sorry I do not drink at Bowling clubs,but drink at Wanganui greyhounds where the cans are $3.50 which I do not drink, I drink a single Bacardi and coke which I pay $4, at Auckland I had 2 and it cost $7 each.

So I stopped drinking.

Bev

Mind you giving up drinking may not be such a bad thing healthwise. I know someone who was and is a very heavy smoker and when they put those very graphic health warnings on the packets she also stopped...........................................................................................................................................................................................................reading

Mind you giving up drinking may not be such a bad thing healthwise. I know someone who was and is a very heavy smoker and when they put those very graphic health warnings on the packets she also stopped...........................................................................................................................................................................................................reading

Yeah, yeah- why don't they make petrol $10 a litre - the road toll would drop significantly. Making people pay through the nose for stuff that is POTENTIALLY bad for them IF they abuse it is not always the right answer. In saying that, I wouldn't care if they banned tobacco.

ok the beer prices bev at $4.00 a stubbie very fair $7 for a single a little pricy,corona at ellerslie is 7.50.Im still to see any major real complaints here,are we just moaning for the sake of it.

Nahla.

Lets start there.

The bloody thing is a discrace, where we have to empty our dogs. Quite often overflowing with decaying food on the ground. I have politely asked THREE board members if it could be moved.

No such luck The stench is sometimes over powering.

ps so nobody else noticed.

Lion.

Yeah, yeah- why don't they make petrol $10 a litre - the road toll would drop significantly. Making people pay through the nose for stuff that is POTENTIALLY bad for them IF they abuse it is not always the right answer. In saying that, I wouldn't care if they banned tobacco.

It was meant to be a light hearted joke and this is probably not the forum for the discussion but the difference is there is no safe level of tobacco use and the misuse does not just affect the abuser but other people in the vicinity of their usage. I wouldn't have a problem if they banned it either, nor do I have a problem with the health warnings or the price movements to discourage use. With petrol the use of it in vehicles per se does not kill but the behaviour of drivers.

But as I say it is a topic for another forum and the comment was not intended to start a new discussion or divert the current one..

enough tracks down here we just need more dates at Addington beside what we have. cheers Jim

unless you are a reserve dog or 100km away the club wont let you trial before or after the last race they not interested

unless you are a reserve dog or 100km away the club wont let you trial before or after the last race they not interested

dont care one way or another, thats a club issue and i am not getting into what Christchurch do re raceday trialing, there is a trialing day. As for a second track if you go back thru past threads you will find this issue was discussed in depth by many, myself included. cheers Jim

jim the track at addington wouldnt handle another meeting that was my point about trials on race day best place for another meeting is southland best track by far

yes Jum you spell trianer that way like the wife has a brither brain and was writting someone that she had had a brian opperation,took the bloody duck eggs to otago last time and you never showed again,just nominated for Otago on thurs/fri but when I read the small print I might be at CHCH if sum dags trail well at there today so buggered if I know I will get to the end of our street and wont know whether to go left or right and probably end up at the wrong track,trailled at Fobury yesterday and C went **** hot,the poor fullas down there thought the meetings are coming there way ,I suppose they will be at CHCH and halfway through the thursday meeting they will pull the plug and we will be left stranded again on friday ,never mind as Mrs Hill says never let the mongrels get you down.I would love to get to race on Manaku one day.

yes Jum you spell trianer that way like the wife has a brither brain and was writting someone that she had had a brian opperation,took the bloody duck eggs to otago last time and you never showed again,just nominated for Otago on thurs/fri but when I read the small print I might be at CHCH if sum dags trail well at there today so buggered if I know I will get to the end of our street and wont know whether to go left or right and probably end up at the wrong track,trailled at Fobury yesterday and C went **** hot,the poor fullas down there thought the meetings are coming there way ,I suppose they will be at CHCH and halfway through the thursday meeting they will pull the plug and we will be left stranded again on friday ,never mind as Mrs Hill says never let the mongrels get you down.I would love to get to race on Manaku one day.

I had coaching and got waylayed and run out of time, sorry Thursdays out i am away Thursday too Monday in Napier with my squad High Schools Nationals ( athletics) tell her i will bring some Cadburys chocolate for her, yes a trip too Manaku lol would be nice but then why would you want to go there with the state of the art track we have here and the most friendliest people. on their good days, and as i dont have a spell check ill take a raincheck on tongue and as Eton says its a new MAORI word for my new edition of Bastardisation of a great language. cheers Jim