RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pete

Ugo Foscolo

1 hour ago, pete said:

Back in NZ and nominated at Matamata on Saturday. Fascinating to see if he can regain his best form.

Yes will be interested. Couple of the owners paid a heap of money to increase there share.

You saw in his preliminary that he was very fresh indeed and he wanted to sky his head up and go quicker in the race. He had not raced for a year and missing that Matamata trial was costly going into this race.

Look for massive improvement from today's run.  

UGO FOSCOLO (D Johnson) – Raced keenly in early to middle stages.  When questioned regarding the performance rider D Johnson could offer no excuses.  UGO FOSCOLO underwent a post-race veterinary examination was found to be mildly lame in the right hind leg and had mild abrasions on hind fetlock. Trainer S Marsh was advised that a veterinary clearance would be required prior to racing next.

13 hours ago, rdytdy said:

You saw in his preliminary that he was very fresh indeed and he wanted to sky his head up and go quicker in the race. He had not raced for a year and missing that Matamata trial was costly going into this race.

Look for massive improvement from today's run.  

He appears to have massive issues doesn't he?

Gai had trouble for many months and if she can't get them to run who can?

I note this horse was required to trial after not getting to the start at Awapuni last week, do the stipes do this type of thing in private or should it appear on his race record? Just thought that might be the case as there were trials at Cambridge during the week.

I wanted to have a little sneaky on him at 35s but was unsure if he'd start.

UGO FOSCOLO (S Rusof) – Late scratching at 1.22 pm after failing to parade to the start, the stable representative was advised that the gelding must now trial to the satisfaction of a stipendiary steward prior to racing again

2 hours ago, Huey said:

I note this horse was required to trial after not getting to the start at Awapuni last week, do the stipes do this type of thing in private or should it appear on his race record? Just thought that might be the case as there were trials at Cambridge during the week.

I wanted to have a little sneaky on him at 35s but was unsure if he'd start.

UGO FOSCOLO (S Rusof) – Late scratching at 1.22 pm after failing to parade to the start, the stable representative was advised that the gelding must now trial to the satisfaction of a stipendiary steward prior to racing again

Al Haram stands out for me in that trials meeting from a quick scroll through . Ex French ex Hayes now Te Akau. Decent stayer but seems to struggle to settle at times. Got within 3 lengths of Talismanic once in France. He could go OK here with the drop in quality he will be up against. He will go really well if NZTR don't uprate him from unraced,  45 rating he is currently shown as.