RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
weasel57

BS from AS?

Quietly flicking through the Herald this morning and nearly choked on the cornflakes

First .. Dillon's crapola about Embellish's bad luck in the Karaka Million -in my view he was lucky not to be relegated for that interference, and was outsprinted by a superior rival on the day -

Secondly, Sharrock still can't stop himself from talking up his horses in that irritatingly arrogant way of his ...regarding Ladies First this time (makes a change from Kawi). According to AS, "they" (meaning her rivals in the Auckland Cup on 10 March) "might be in a world of pain" if the track is rain-affected. He cant just say she'd be "even more competitive " or an even better prospect" than if it's run on a Good3. Oh no..her rivals "might be in a world of pain".

He just has to say something that smacks of arrogance/superiority. Well, as we all know, a week is a long time in politics and horse racing...

As for Dillon talking up Embellish's chances at Flemington today from a cosy draw....well, yes, the inside draw will help. But maybe not enough. I'd love the horse to prove me wrong today, but I don't think he's as good as they say he is or want him to be! I suspect he was just a tad too good in the Spring classic down south, and the quality of the oppo now is showing him up! I bet the Ozzie bookmakers will offer all kinds of attractive odds today based on similar instincts as mine.

20 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

Quietly flicking through the Herald this morning and nearly choked on the cornflakes

First .. Dillon's crapola about Embellish's bad luck in the Karaka Million -in my view he was lucky not to be relegated for that interference, and was outsprinted by a superior rival on the day -

Secondly, Sharrock still can't stop himself from talking up his horses in that irritatingly arrogant way of his ...regarding Ladies First this time (makes a change from Kawi). According to AS, "they" (meaning her rivals in the Auckland Cup on 10 March) "might be in a world of pain" if the track is rain-affected. He cant just say she'd be "even more competitive " or an even better prospect" than if it's run on a Good3. Oh no..her rivals "might be in a world of pain".

He just has to say something that smacks of arrogance/superiority. Well, as we all know, a week is a long time in politics and horse racing...

As for Dillon talking up Embellish's chances at Flemington today from a cosy draw....well, yes, the inside draw will help. But maybe not enough. I'd love the horse to prove me wrong today, but I don't think he's as good as they say he is or want him to be! I suspect he was just a tad too good in the Spring classic down south, and the quality of the oppo now is showing him up! I bet the Ozzie bookmakers will offer all kinds of attractive odds today based on similar instincts as mine.

Leave the guy alone he puts his thoughts and opinions out there if you don't like don't listen but please don't come in here rubbishing a decent hard working trainer...cheers.

3 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

Not criticizing his training ability, his record speaks for itself. Would appreciate him even more if he would tone down the pre-race comments to media about his horses.

As I said you dont have to listen to it ...most of your recent posts have something to do with him...enough already we get it...you don't like him but don't rubbish him in here...thanks.

4 hours ago, weasel57 said:

he is a polarising character but at least AS gives his opinion before the race not post with the benefit of "hindsight"

Embellish was always going to struggle against the Big Boys. Much like its former stablemate. The Staying 3yo's are competitive but really, Embellish is going to struggle in Melb. There's a good crop of 3yo in Oz at the moment - especially over the 1400-1600m. The Trainer of GRUNT gave it a big rap during the week as a horse he "REALLY LIKES". 

14 minutes ago, Trump said:

Embellish was always going to struggle against the Big Boys. Much like its former stablemate. The Staying 3yo's are competitive but really, Embellish is going to struggle in Melb. There's a good crop of 3yo in Oz at the moment - especially over the 1400-1600m. The Trainer of GRUNT gave it a big rap during the week as a horse he "REALLY LIKES". 

Grunt, Kiwi bred, Trelawney actually. 

Grunt like a V8?

17 minutes ago, Trump said:

The Aussie fan club speaks again after the event. YAWN.

12 minutes ago, Trump said:

But at least TA didn’t embarrass themselves with a heap of spin as they did with Xtravagant...oh sorry, that’s right, the Stud deal was already in place with Embellish...so now the horse has to prove he was worth the bucks...he should improve with that run under his belt today......or today, did we see him run up to his optimum?  Interesting weeks ahead for us, but nervous weeks ahead for some....

6 hours ago, weasel57 said:

weasel57 it is pretty obvious that you have never talked to Alan Sharrock yourself. Labelling him arrogant and superior is laughable!

1 hour ago, Trump said:

I thought he ran pretty well looks like he needs a mile now I wouldn't write him off on that stuck on well in the straight.

2 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

I thought he ran pretty well looks like he needs a mile now I wouldn't write him off on that stuck on well in the straight.

Disappointing for me. Could not have had a softer run, gaps presented when needed but did not finish off.

30 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Disappointing for me. Could not have had a softer run, gaps presented when needed but did not finish off.

Winners Time: 1:21.55 fastest of the day and he was only 2.9 lengths from the winner. 1600m may suit better and the run under his belt will improve him. His sectionals weren't bad.

It will also suit others :)  As and aside, how good was Winx's trial? She ran near to or the fastest time of the day !  The hype and Bowman with onboard Microphone, etc etc. Magic stuff. The only way she could possibly be beaten is if the legendary one tipped her. Please remain silent Horsestopper...

The Australian Guineas is going to be a beauty, although Levendi was a touch disappointing last time Peter was looking to two runs in any form leading in and the blinkers will go on,Oliver rates. Mighty Boss at 8-1 is the one to beat and Mr So and So looks the interesting runner but the futures odds aren’t generous. Tough race

4 hours ago, Insider said:

Grunt, Kiwi bred, Trelawney actually. 

Grunt like a V8?

For sure! Trainer really was upbeat during the week. Embellish had a nice run in transit and should have shown more than he did. It will be interesting to see where he goes next. The guineas will be harder than today's race. What about the run of the 4th horse? Very very good. I bet Mickey Walker had stayed in Oz rather than fly to NZ for a Flying Feet scratching! 

4 hours ago, barryb said:

The Aussie fan club speaks again after the event. YAWN.

I had Embellish in my F4 - looking for a good run. Still got F4 but really BB, it's not about AFC, it's about the performance. It's only going to get harder for Embellish  from here. Hopefully, he will do ok but - it's a big ask. If they want to give him the best chance to win a G1 in Oz then maybe a switch of Stables to Weir, Hayes or Waller would enhance his prospects. He really has to win in Oz to make it. A 2000g win on it's own may not be enough. Don't let your parochialism get in the way of reality Baz :) 

43 minutes ago, Trump said:

I had Embellish in my F4 - looking for a good run. Still got F4 but really BB, it's not about AFC, it's about the performance. It's only going to get harder for Embellish  from here. Hopefully, he will do ok but - it's a big ask. If they want to give him the best chance to win a G1 in Oz then maybe a switch of Stables to Weir, Hayes or Waller would enhance his prospects. He really has to win in Oz to make it. A 2000g win on it's own may not be enough. Don't let your parochialism get in the way of reality Baz :) 

What a load of tripe... some of the biggest load of bollocks seen for a while...keep pushing your Aussie agenda.

7 hours ago, Trump said:

I think you summary is spot on. This horse needs to enhance his record to ensure he is well patronised at Stud. As many of the resident mares at Cambridge Stud are by Zabeel, he will need plenty of outside mares to ensure he gets numbers on the ground.  And with a lovely array of young stallions on offer in NZ, unless he has the top notch racing record to back his fee, then it will be a long hard road to the top.  Therefore a stint with David Hayes beckons.....or another proven stallion-making trainer....

30 minutes ago, La Zip said:

I think you summary is spot on. This horse needs to enhance his record to ensure he is well patronised at Stud. As many of the resident mares at Cambridge Stud are by Zabeel, he will need plenty of outside mares to ensure he gets numbers on the ground.  And with a lovely array of young stallions on offer in NZ, unless he has the top notch racing record to back his fee, then it will be a long hard road to the top.  Therefore a stint with David Hayes beckons.....or another proven stallion-making trainer....

Thank you La Zip for your balanced observation. I think Scoobydoo is the Parochial one. Why is is it that some do the Louis Armstrong when a NZ horse wins in Oz but when a heralded horse fails the big defence goes up? Embellish got bloused in the KM and got run over today after a soft run in transit. On his run, he can't win a Group race in Oz. Compare his run with that of Cliffs Edge from a wide alley. Embellish from his inside gate was ridden a treat by OP - who didn't spend a cent in the run. He can't beat Grunt on that  performance and if a kiwi bred wins the AG, it's more likely to be Grunt.