RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Iraklis

Kiwi Guns Racin Tonite

Here is the field.

1: Tiger Tara (1)

2: Atomic Red (2)  (Emergency 2)

3: Anything For Love (3)

4: My Field Marshal (4)

5: Jilliby Kung Fu (5)

6: Soho Tribeca (6)

7: Lennytheshark (7)

8: Charlaval (8)

9: Let It Ride (9) (Emergency 1)

10: Lazarus (10)

9 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

Whoar, TheChamp has got it in front of him in the Mile, buggahhhh! still he's proven he's special, should be a rippa of a race :D

Cheers Iraklis

Looking at the Mile races last night, it seems different from here, when you draw the second row in the original acceptances in N.Z., you stay there, but looking at Lazarus's heat last night, Nos 9+10 moved to the front row. I say that based on looking at the mobile last night and again a short time ago, and there only seems allocated spaces for 8 horses. Just an observation.

Cheers.

Robert.

3 hours ago, globederby12 said:

Not dishing the horse FTM, I respect the achievements so far. But at Menangle they only ran 1.51.5. He may have been slightly underdone but a real speedster won in 1.47.8 earlier.

He might be able to wear most fields down but I don't see him as an out and out miler, with blistering speed. Having said that I hope he wins anyway.

So in that light I'm with most of you and hope  he gives them a lesson and proves me wrong.

I agree that the jury is still out as to whether Lazarus is as good a miler as he is a stayer (that would make him the best pacer of all time, without doubt!), but I'm not sure I'd use Sat night's 1.51.5 as an indicator.  After all, he ran almost that fast for his *last* mile in the Hunter Cup.  On Sat, he couldn't even keep up on a 29 second quarter down the back straight --- he clearly wasn't right.

10 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Hope you didn't lose too much of your sherry money @ $1.18 on sat, I know that's good value for you,!

Alas FU i was only looking for him to place in MM. But he couldnt make the field unlike a few other good horses:o so no bets yet on CB and none likely either

30 minutes ago, Portfolio said:

I see Nat is driving Laz this weekend. 

Yes, I noticed that. She is also driving The Devils Own in the Derby, and Mark is driving All U Need is Faith.

Cheers.

Robert.

On 18/02/2018 at 7:43 PM, Double R said:

Here is the field.

1: Tiger Tara (1)

2: Atomic Red (2)  (Emergency 2)

3: Anything For Love (3)

4: My Field Marshal (4)

5: Jilliby Kung Fu (5)

6: Soho Tribeca (6)

7: Lennytheshark (7)

8: Charlaval (8)

9: Let It Ride (9) (Emergency 1)

10: Lazarus (10)

My Field Marshall will have all the options in the early position and should go very  close to winning. I backed him at the $20+ dollars in the Len Smith and I think he should be highly rated to win. Quinella with the mighty Lax hey !

1 hour ago, Spikecity said:

Where did you read that - their website says Mark and couldn't imagine dynamite would get him off

NZ Herald website, says Mark to concentrate on the training and Nat to concentrate on the driving. Also states Heaven Rocks is off the the US of A to join Have Faith In Me and Waikiki Beach. Sad loss. Arguably potentially the most exciting pacer since Lord Module? A bugger to back with confidence, but undoubtedly exciting to watch. 

14 minutes ago, Idolmite said:

NZ Herald website, says Mark to concentrate on the training and Nat to concentrate on the driving. Also states Heaven Rocks is off the the US of A to join Have Faith In Me and Waikiki Beach. Sad loss. Arguably potentially the most exciting pacer since Lord Module? A bugger to back with confidence, but undoubtedly exciting to watch. 

Ok thx - just up om the website now

*MARK PLAYS THE NATALIE CARD WITH LAZARUS -AND IT HAS BEEN AN ACE FOR THE STABLE IN THE PAST!

Not for the first time in the heat of battle at a Sydney carnival, Mark has handed the iggest drive of the night with  Lazarus drive to Natalie in the Miracle Mile on Saturday. Mark says it allows him to concentrate on the training of the champion for the race but also it eases the pressure on one half of the partnership allowing Natalie, who drove Have Faith In Me to win two years ago, to concentate on the race tactics. No horse has ever won from 10 since the race went to a mile in 2009 so spreading the load reflects  what a partnership is all about. 

Mark has driven Lazarus in all but two of his starts, Tim Williams winning twice with him as a two year old at Invercargill and Cambridge. It will be the first time the champ has raced in Australia without Mark in the bike.

Mark has previously stood aside for Natalie at Sydney meetings revealing that behind the glamour of handling a champion lies tremendous pressure. He is able to handle that pressure but with a driver as accomplished as Natalie at Menangle there is nothing lost in the change.

7 hours ago, Idolmite said:

Totally agree, sad to see Heaven Rocks leave nz. We need as many open class horses as we can get, fields are pretty small.

Anyone know if horse was sold, if so how much? Or maybe owners sent over to race?

On 20/02/2018 at 9:54 PM, 2Piper said:

My Field Marshall will have all the options in the early position and should go very  close to winning. I backed him at the $20+ dollars in the Len Smith and I think he should be highly rated to win. Quinella with the mighty Lax hey !

My Field Marshall does it again ! No big odds this time.

Lazarus obviously not right.