THIS WEEK'S COMP TATTS TIARA DAY THANKS TO PONDEROSA STAY TUNED FOR DETAILS
Ohokaman

Scott Base at $4.....???

Recommended Posts

Thank you for your welcome Mr Much. 

Please give my regards to your cousin, Eaten Too, who I dated in High School. I hope her recent stomach staple operation has been a success.

Mr Cave, would I be correct in assuming your recent arrival from Melbourne has coincided with the Australian Goverment's policy of returning all penal discards to their place of birth. You need a slap for being caught in the first place, but that aside, it is glaringly obvious that you are enjoying the freedom of access to a computer. One could also assume it is most likely at your local library.

You need to learn a thing or two about Karma. It is very closely related to Karma Sutra, and as sure as God created beaten odds on favourites, the fickle figure of fate will fxxx, come up behind you and teach you a lesson of a very painfull nature. You of course, know this already after your weekend in Auckland at the Pride Festival. Make sure you continue to apply the ointment.

In this instance, I agree whole heartedly with Ounceforounce.

C Rutten, as owner, can do what he pleases with each and every one of his horses. In this case he is yet to be proved wrong in his decision, but I have a gut feel that if the horse wins the Derby, Rosie may well be remunerated for her efforts to date, which would make your Karma wish very misguided, and nasty in the extreme.

Have a great day.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now, to get this thread back on track, I went and analysed the Avondale Guineas again just to scrutinize SB.

He was outstanding in every way, had a bit of a tug the first furlong but came off the bridge beautifully soon after, he looked great in the run off a very good tempo, then Rosie set him alight about the 650 mark, a bit sooner than I’d have done, and he covered a lot of ground ( maybe that was the plan to go hunting for some decent ground ) and he was very strong right up until the 50m mark.

His sectionals were excellent off a strong pace and I can’t see any obvious reason why he won’t be a major player in the Derby, particularly if he gets good ground..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would prefer to see SB settle a lot handier in the Derby rather than being snagged back to last.

The last five Derby winners:

Gingernuts.  7th in the running in the Derby after coming from last to win the Avondale Guineas.

Rangipo.  Settled fourth in the 1 x 1.

Mongolian Khan.  Settled 4th in the 1 x 1. 

Puccini.  Got back before improving four wide from the 1300m and led the last 800m.

Habibi. Slipped at the start and got back but was too strong over the closing stages. 

One slight concern for me is that it will be his third trip in six weeks from Otaki to Ellerslie but I do think he is a very good horse and a major contender.

The Derby does look an open race this year and I think the winner will be coming out of the Avondale Guineas, as has been the case over the past few years. There were a few good runs in that race.   

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Now, to get this thread back on track, I went and analysed the Avondale Guineas again just to scrutinize SB.

He was outstanding in every way, had a bit of a tug the first furlong but came off the bridge beautifully soon after, he looked great in the run off a very good tempo, then Rosie set him alight about the 650 mark, a bit sooner than I’d have done, and he covered a lot of ground ( maybe that was the plan to go hunting for some decent ground ) and he was very strong right up until the 50m mark.

His sectionals were excellent off a strong pace and I can’t see any obvious reason why he won’t be a major player in the Derby, particularly if he gets good ground..

 

And thought it was a great competitive ride from the top of the straight

, didn't give Mission Hill an inch , forced that runner back in behind a floating On The Rocks and more than likely cost MH the win, the first 5 home outstanding runs , Danzdanzdance severely buffeted on the turn , massive effort to just go under , Vin De Dance, first to launch , headed , came back gutsily, hell even The Mayor off a tough trip , lay down a decent challenge and only capitulated late so plenty of food for thought but they look the main Derby contenders, really looking forward to this Derby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest 2Admin2
44 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

I have heard they are coming north but Scott Base last Saturday still had the Benner/Wynyard stable as based at Otaki.  

I would have thought they would have left the horse up here in the care of either Benner or Wynyard rather than traipse back and forth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

I would have thought they would have left the horse up here in the care of either Benner or Wynyard rather than traipse back and forth.

This is on the NZTR website so assume he is back at Otaki.

Scott Base has been ridden in recent starts by Rosie Myers, who won the Karaka Million 3YO Classic (1600m) on the gelding and guided him into fourth in Saturday’s Gr.2 Avondale Guineas (2100m).

“The horse went well and obviously he has to get the 2400m, which we think he will,” Benner said.

“Hopefully, he can draw a softer gate in the Derby and can get a bit handier. There’s probably five or six winning chances and it will come down to who gets the right draw and best run.”

Benner said Scott Base has bounced through Saturday’s run and coped well with the travel.

“So far, so good and he’s come home in good order. He’s eating well and was out at the beach this morning, he’s a happy horse.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2018 at 11:40 PM, Charlie Bukowski said:

Feel your pain Richard Cave , always leaves a sour taste in ones  mouth , only 2 starts ago winning a $1,000,000 race , then dragged , thought Rosie did a good enough job , horse seemed really settled in running which augers well for the Derby. Vinnie no doubt a Derby genius but he has been missing in action the last few months, just my opinion. Definitely first 6 home in the Derby did it for me , just need to narrow it down to 2/3 ...if SB is one of those then sobeit, I'm in it to make money, be gutted for Rosie but I need the money more.

Fair enough Charlie and good points too.

DDD is a very impressive individual for mine.  Got caught in the worst ground the other day as well.

Besides, give me a big horse any day in a roughly run Derby,  they can take the jostling that's bound to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2018 at 1:02 AM, The Diceman Cometh said:

Thank you for your welcome Mr Much. 

Please give my regards to your cousin, Eaten Too, who I dated in High School. I hope her recent stomach staple operation has been a success.

Mr Cave, would I be correct in assuming your recent arrival from Melbourne has coincided with the Australian Goverment's policy of returning all penal discards to their place of birth. You need a slap for being caught in the first place, but that aside, it is glaringly obvious that you are enjoying the freedom of access to a computer. One could also assume it is most likely at your local library.

You need to learn a thing or two about Karma. It is very closely related to Karma Sutra, and as sure as God created beaten odds on favourites, the fickle figure of fate will fxxx, come up behind you and teach you a lesson of a very painfull nature. You of course, know this already after your weekend in Auckland at the Pride Festival. Make sure you continue to apply the ointment.

In this instance, I agree whole heartedly with Ounceforounce.

C Rutten, as owner, can do what he pleases with each and every one of his horses. In this case he is yet to be proved wrong in his decision, but I have a gut feel that if the horse wins the Derby, Rosie may well be remunerated for her efforts to date, which would make your Karma wish very misguided, and nasty in the extreme.

Have a great day.

 

 

 

 

Tiz true Mr. Cometh!

Brief history, spent the first 6 months of my life in Nu Zulund, sucking on the teet and still do occasionally when the money runs out!  Thanks taxpayers!

Got caught doing a little bit of moon shine bootlegging up in Tammy where I met a very low profile wife of a very high profile local.

He caught wind of the 'help' I was giving her and set me up big time with the local Constabulary who helped with the fare home!  Love free stuff!

And here I am, looking for friends and pounding others who don't wanna be.

You wanna be friends or if not I can send you some karma too?

Have a not so good day if you don't then.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2018 at 2:17 PM, The Diceman Cometh said:

What do fair weather friends and trees have in common Mr Cave?

They both hit the deck when you hit them with an axe.

 

Best we remain at arm's length for the time being.

Oh cmon on Mr. Cometh, I saw Mr. Moroney hugging Mr. Nakele after the Breeders yesterday, everyone's into it these days!

Did you hear Mr. Earley tell Mr. Gain on the radio yesterday morning?

"oh cmon Elby, Rosie got the DRAG!  Just say it, SHE GOT DRAGGED!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the boys and Girls At Ellerslie going big on this Derby PR lark I wonder?

Mainstream TV, Breakfast with that Blonde Barbie doll Hales who'll pick Craig Baker's brains to bits.

A real horse in the studio, bunting, a clip of Phar Laps forelock, the Broncrusher song maybe?

Anything?

Sammy Spratt, Danny Marsh, and Emily Bosson mud rastling with Matt Cameron refereeing so there'll be no hint of controversy?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.