RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
crustyngrizzly

gisborne sunday

57 minutes ago, Blue said:

They were pretty dry over there. Did they get some of the latest rain? Would probably be a really good surface if they got a couple of inches.

Seems like the track is improving from slow earlier in week Blue. Got one hopefully running if it's ok

1 hour ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Good numbers for Gisborne Sunday.I wonder what numbers they may have got without recent abandonments.

Indicates to me anyway that maybe there is too many race meetings at this time of year.Maybe some meetings need to be culled in order to ensure good fields else where.

They also have had good numbers in recent years. If I recall correctly they offer travelling subsidies and trainers such as Rogerson and Myers support them.

52 minutes ago, bloke said:

They also have had good numbers in recent years. If I recall correctly they offer travelling subsidies and trainers such as Rogerson and Myers support them.

You are correct.By my standard 4 counting Rogerson has 31,Myers 10+ and even the trainer who doesn't like the east coast has a good size team.

Maybe my happiness over good numbers should have an asterix beside it.***Only due to the support of 3 trainers.

2 hours ago, bloke said:

Went there 2 years ago and they offered the best deal ever offered,from memory it was $200 per starter,3 days accommodation at a nice motel and there was something else but Alzheimer's is a buggar.

The club also had a 10k Trainers prize and unbelievably Kevin Myers had 4plus winners and ran 2nd as each starter earned points and Rogie had float loads of starters

Quality horses too, as some “hot shots” didn’t “blouse” them as was expected.

In fact the majority failed to win!

The surface looked fantastic and the crowd was something special. 

I say give the club back their “Spring” day too.

32 minutes ago, Insider said:

Quality horses too, as some “hot shots” didn’t “blouse” them as was expected.

In fact the majority failed to win!

The surface looked fantastic and the crowd was something special. 

I say give the club back their “Spring” day too.

Today was a shining light  the total opposite to what we’d get on a mundane artificial surface with the same trainers and horses going around and around.