RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Dockers

100k maiden Naki challenge

I agree it's a copy,never suggested it wasn't. And no of course it won't I don't recall claiming it would be. The Everest was pretty much the TJ Smith Stakes (it was pretty much the same field) with alot more money and great marketing. As the old saying goes "the man who invented the hamburger was smart but the man who invented the cheeseburger was a genius". Good luck to the club for trying something. Better than the old we have tried nothing and are all out of ideas brigade

6 hours ago, poundforpound said:

I applaud them for showing initiative.

Bad time of year for mine, I don’t do the mud thing, but if it was in summer I’d be buying a slot ( given that I’m the best judge in NZ :) ) then I’d approach someone with a decent horse and go halves in the stakemoney.

Agree P for P. Stupid time of the year to be running it. 

In the Summer yes.

Given the odds and my association to one of the best stables in NZ, I would say it was worth the chance.

Better still why don't you and I wait until Auckland see the light, they run it on Boxing day for say 300 to 500k and with your judgement [?] and my association we should be in as a joint venture. [Come in Craig Baker]

What do you say? 

Guest 2Admin2
38 minutes ago, Insider said:

In the Summer yes.

Given the odds and my association to one of the best stables in NZ, I would say it was worth the chance.

Better still why don't you and I wait until Auckland see the light, they run it on Boxing day for say 300 to 500k and with your judgement [?] and my association we should be in as a joint venture. [Come in Craig Baker]

What do you say? 

Your "association" is?

51 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

Your "association" is?

1 hour ago, Insider said:

In the Summer yes.

What do you say? 

Yawn....

8 hours ago, Michael Roustoby said:

I agree it's a copy,never suggested it wasn't. And no of course it won't I don't recall claiming it would be. The Everest was pretty much the TJ Smith Stakes (it was pretty much the same field) with alot more money and great marketing. As the old saying goes "the man who invented the hamburger was smart but the man who invented the cheeseburger was a genius". Good luck to the club for trying something. Better than the old we have tried nothing and are all out of ideas brigade

Well ok, but what did they say about the man who just served the burgers buns with some sauce?

On 2/16/2018 at 4:42 AM, Huey said:

Well ok, but what did they say about the man who just served the burgers buns with some sauce?

They called him Poor,a shit place to get lunch,boring,outdated,the man who use to make money but refused to move with the times,the guy under the bridge etc

Time wait's for no man. Look at the evolution of cricket. 5 days tests to 100 overs ODI's to 20/20.

You can't just stick with the status quo and expect to stay relevant. Times do,and always will,change.

Sure this idea may not work but its worth a shot. Taranaki is 1 club who is showing a desire to move with the times,surely they deserve a pat on the back for it not negativity.

The most important thing now is marketing, they have to sell the idea not only to the owners who are coughing up the money,not only to the trainers who are getting them ready but also the general population to get them to the races and get them excited about it. The sydney Autumn carnival started to become a little bit stale but they slapped a new brand on it (the championships) injected alot of extra cash and marketed the "Event" to the non racing population and it became a great success.(It was just the same carnival it always has been)

I grew up in sydney and most of the people i went to school with had zero interest in racing. Most of them attended the championships because it was seen as a must do event.

Over and out