RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Mardy

Robert Dunn Vs All Stars.

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

Brodie is always on the money.

I will not comment about the fact that it is a new overseas owner, for obvious reasons sorry!

”The Brodster”does not tell porkies at all, and if you get something out of saying that then you are total losers, and know nothing! !

Sorry,  Scoobie but they can not continue to call “The Brodster” a liar when that is not true.

I have no need whatsoever to stretch the truth at all, and there are several on this site that all they want to do is take an opposite view just because they get away with it continuously.

Seriously, you need to suspend them as they are contributing nothing positive to this site whatsoever.

I have no problem with contributors disagreeing with me, but when they call “The Brodster” a LIAR I have a problem with that.

”The Brodster” has never once told a lie, except the whizz kids will say I have due to putting myself in self exile for awhile due to the nillness of some of the juvenile posters crap.

Scoobie, you can suspend me if you want for telling it the way it is, wouldn’t worry me whatsoever as I probably wasted too much time on here anyway, but gets pretty tedious with the few chumps that try and have me on.

If you  don’t want me posting anything again let me know and I will leave you to deal with the nillers.

Stupidest thing I have read today.png

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

Ed,  how on earth is saying that you are a liar makes me a hypocrite when I am not a liar?????

When did I call you a liar?

Was it you that was telling us about the 100 odd bets you were getting on with your mates all around Australia?

If it was you then I will confirm that!

Been to Oz recently and they are worse there than here!!

What I won’t take is contributors calling me a liar, when there have been no lies told by me at all!

I am not a liar and that is that. 

Some may not agree with what I say and that is their prerogative, but I reiterate that calling me a liar because they can get away with it, I won’t put up with that, end of story!

Harness Cafe used to be really good and enjoyable, but let's face it, it has splintered into factions with a few less established posters stoking the fire. No point debating who is right and wrong because both sides are as niggly as the other. 

And to think I always got a giggle reading the shite thrown on the gallops and dog forums but this place is really hard work at the moment.

11 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Harness Cafe used to be really good and enjoyable, but let's face it, it has splintered into factions with a few less established posters stoking the fire. No point debating who is right and wrong because both sides are as niggly as the other. 

And to think I always got a giggle reading the shite thrown on the gallops and dog forums but this place is really hard work at the moment.

Oh, I don't know.  It's not so long since we had Beer With Duncan (in all his various incarnations) and John Evans going at it hammer and tongs.  The current stoushes are lightweight (in all senses of the word) compared to that.:D

What is new is the sight of the current chief troll running to teacher asking for protection from other trolls.  

9 minutes ago, Basil said:

Oh, I don't know.  It's not so long since we had Beer With Duncan (in all his various incarnations) and John Evans going at it hammer and tongs.  The current stoushes are lightweight (in all senses of the word) compared to that.:D

What is new is the sight of the current chief troll running to teacher asking for protection from other trolls.  

A fair summation for mine.

2 hours ago, Basil said:

Basil,  are you recommending gloves off?

The likes of them were amusing because they were truly out there and on their own. Throw in John Ryan too. These days it is more insidious eg baiting of members.

Who is the new chief troll?

4 hours ago, Basil said:

I actually enjoyed Beer with Duncan although many others didn't - at least he brought different things to the table rather than the same whine repeated over and over again. And often he was "on the money" - never known anyone who is always "on the money" or anyone "who has never lied" - but who knows maybe the new messiah has arisen. 

10 hours ago, Basil said:

9 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

A fair summation for mine.

5 hours ago, Spikecity said:

but who knows maybe the new messiah has arisen. 

Funny how the All-Stars brigade still think their shit don't stink and keep playing their own broken record.

Oh well,  talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish. Couldn't think of a more appropriate quote when dealing with this lot.

49 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Funny how the All-Stars brigade still think their shit don't stink and keep playing their own broken record.

Oh well,  talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish. Couldn't think of a more appropriate quote when dealing with this lot.

So you believe Brogue is always on the money and has never lied? If so you are a very devoted disciple. I know a bridge that's for sale - interested?

Just now, Spikecity said:

So you believe Brogue is always on the money and has never lied? If so you are a very devoted disciple. I know a bridge that's for sale - interested?

No ,I don't actually think he is on the money all the time and have said so several times on here. If you had paid attention you would know that.

2 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

He starts a lot of topics and a lot is tongue n cheek, he has an opinion like all of us, its all good with a bit of banter and knocking, but I think now some just take the opposite view for the sake of being confrontational and there are some that are very clever with their "let's say getting Brodie to bite" and some of it is very dry and very clever....but some of it almost reminds me of the school yard where a group of the thicker ones "arse creep" up to the main bully and pick on someone... just sheep following the lead arsehole. Wouldn't it be a dull world if everyone was a yes man.

It has got to the stage of baiting. At least one got chucked for a few days for it.

21 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Basil,  are you recommending gloves off?

The likes of them were amusing because they were truly out there and on their own. Throw in John Ryan too. These days it is more insidious eg baiting of members.

Who is the new chief troll?

Well, the advantage of gloves off is that it eventually burns itself out.  The short-run risk is that it'll drive the rest of us out in the meantime.:)

I agree with you that it's all a bit tiresome*.  But Brodie has only brought it on himself ---- 2000+ posts on exactly one topic: punting (his own), and particularly the world-wide conspiracy to curtail his punting activities.  And no matter how many times, and by how many people, his logical and factual errors are pointed out to him, he just blithely keeps on repeating them.  No wonder a few have decided to get in a bit of (sometimes tasteless) retribution.  Personally, I don't really think it's all that bad.  And Brodie and his acolytes give as good as they get --- the difference being that they seem to think they should have a monopoly on giving and be spared any of the getting.

* Although I enjoy Kotare's cryptic one-liners. Very droll...:D   

1 hour ago, Basil said:

And Brodie and his acolytes give as good as they get --- the difference being that they seem to think they should have a monopoly on giving and be spared any of the getting.

And how do you feel about the All Stars gang? What about their ringleader and acolytes who persist in giving the same message that the all stars are perfect and any talk against them will see a poster shot down?

Are they not wanting to dominate and have a monopoly? They will not entertain any opposing view.

Brodie does go on but do you not see the same with the All Stars?

36 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

And how do you feel about the All Stars gang? What about their ringleader and acolytes who persist in giving the same message that the all stars are perfect and any talk against them will see a poster shot down?

Are they not wanting to dominate and have a monopoly? They will not entertain any opposing view.

Happy, I take offence or a gate to you saying that I do go on!!

There is always method to my coNtributions.

Just like to point out injustices and forums are designed for debate.

Just now, Brodie said:

Happy, I take offence or a gate to you saying that I do go on!!

Brodie, I'm afraid you do go on about your restrictions :D If odds were given on the truth of that statement, on payout it would have to be made up to a dollar.

You start lots of topics and give your own insight which is always interesting and appreciated by many on here. When you temporarily departed last time this place nearly fell over through lack of postings. 

Agree that forums are designed to debate. 

4 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Brodie, I'm afraid you do go on about your restrictions :D If odds were given on the truth of that statement, on payout it would have to be made up to a dollar.

You start lots of topics and give your own insight which is always interesting and appreciated by many on here. When you temporarily departed last time this place nearly fell over through lack of postings. 

Agree that forums are designed to debate. 

Couldn’t agree more about me booking on about the injustices towards restricted punters!

All punters should be treated equally if they are prepared to offload.

As for starting topics there are many ai could start to get debate, but can’t be bothered due to the Brodie big knockers!

1 minute ago, Brodie said:

Couldn’t agree more about me booking on about the injustices towards restricted punters!

All punters should be treated equally if they are prepared to offload.

As for starting topics there are many ai could start to get debate, but can’t be bothered due to the Brodie big knockers!

Please stop stirring..you sometimes ask for all you get... enough...you said your piece stop giving more ammo.

On 3/2/2018 at 11:25 AM, Happy Sunrise said:

Do two wrongs make a right?:D

But to answer your question, and perhaps I'm just not paying sufficient attention, but no, I don't.  The All Stars certainly have their supporters on here, with a roughly equal number of detractors.  And as is usual in such debates, neither side pays much attention to what the other says (so any intolerance is not, as I think you're implying, all one-sided --- it's strictly mutual).  But at least as far as I can tell, the volume of All Stars discussion is on a completely different scale to the noise generated by Brodie's punting fixation.

I promise to now stop adding to that noise.:P

4 hours ago, Basil said:

Do two wrongs make a right?:D

But to answer your question, and perhaps I'm just not paying sufficient attention, but no, I don't.  The All Stars certainly have their supporters on here, with a roughly equal number of detractors.  And as is usual in such debates, neither side pays much attention to what the other says (so any intolerance is not, as I think you're implying, all one-sided --- it's strictly mutual).  But at least as far as I can tell, the volume of All Stars discussion is on a completely different scale to the noise generated by Brodie's punting fixation.

I promise to now stop adding to that noise.:P

Basil, frustration rather than fixation!