RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Mardy

Robert Dunn Vs All Stars.

52 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

In the interim go for your life with your bland and foul mouthed insults. Its a game i would never lower myself to play.

You told us a while back we all had ' no life' 

The fact you say you would never lower yourself to that game is a complete joke.

You live in a dream world and have no grasp of what you say.

Let's face it, the Robert Dunn stable are very good 'bread and butter' trainers and get a lot of winners, but not many races of any real note.

The Allstars stable target the decent races for their owners and horses and usually come out on top.

Yes, they have the superior product, but they have earned that right by being dominant over any other NZ trainer by a country mile.

Also of note the Allstars stable do not have current drug charges pending unlike the Dunn stable.

11 hours ago, Iraklis said:

To the rest of you (and you know who I mean) MIND YUH GODDAMN MANNERS!!!! WHAT THE HELL'S WITH THE LOT OF YUH??!! YOU ARE ALL ADULTS I TAKE IT SO FRICKIN ACT LIKE IT, IF YOU HAVE TO RESORT TO PERSONAL INSULTS AND ABUSIVE LANGUAGE THEN YOU HAVE ALREADY LOST!!!! KNOCK IT THE HELL OFF!!!!!!

Iraklis, 

Here is the issue, FTM gives a like to your post because he doesn't see himself as part of the personal shit. Then in the next breath, he makes claims in the post below which are straight out lying. He makes a false claim saying it is only 2 people who disagree with him and then says he never lowers himself to insults. Again, another flat out lie.

He blocks me because I call him out on his bullshit. He can't handle being held to account for what he says. He doesn't debate because whatever he says is 100% correct in his eyes. The condescension in his posts defies belief...."I'm going to be gentle with you' Shame he is wrong in what he says.

This place used to be good fun but he has ruined it in my opinion.

9 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

Im going to be gentle with you as its obvious to everyone except you and  Bordie that my original comment re R Dunn and business acumen was completely misconstrued by you and was in fact a positive comment. I could probably add your other supporter on here as well  but i wisely blocked him a while back.

In the interim go for your life with your bland and foul mouthed insults. Its a game i would never lower myself to play.

On 2/11/2018 at 10:10 AM, Brodie said:

Harewood, Point is that the Dunn’s train their horses for the benefit of their owners and racing in NZ.

Another Stable does do well for their loyal owners but by plundering the stakes of the major races in Australasia is not good for the harness industry in NZ, end of storey!! !

And you really think the Dunn stable wouldn't be off to the big Oz races like a shot if they had the horses to do so?  Really?

Interestingly, on the second point, the Oz harness forum has a long-standing thread entitled (roughly): "How is it good for Australian harness racing for the NZers to come over and win all the money?"  It appears the All Stars are damned if they do and damned if they don't!  

1 hour ago, Basil said:

And you really think the Dunn stable wouldn't be off to the big Oz races like a shot if they had the horses to do so?  Really?

Interestingly, on the second point, the Oz harness forum has a long-standing thread entitled (roughly): "How is it good for Australian harness racing for the NZers to come over and win all the money?"  It appears the All Stars are damned if they do and damned if they don't!  

Basil, it is not rocket science really!

The Ozzie’s don’t like the NZ trainers plundering their big stakes races as I have previously stated.

What country would like that?

NZ trainers don’t like one stable cleaning up all the major races either, they won’t state it public, but it is a fact and how can you blame them.

Their owners are paying big money in training fees and have bugger all chance of winning group races and winning the big stakes.

It will come home to roost as the older owners will just stop racing horses and the young ones will not be bothered either!

Basil you can say what you want, but “The Brodster” is always on the money as you know!

HappyS, clearly you have a personal prob with FTMuch and it is however irregardless of whether FTMuch likes my posts because of what he believes, this is not the forum to sort said issue between you! keep that crap private! Back in 2000/01 when this site started it was a place where harness people be it fans, those in the business, professionals alike could come, share and discuss their enthusiasm and experiences for fav horses and harness racing in general, we used to come in here to give everyone a heads up when The Mighty Freak was racing drum up support, and also commiserate when our fav horse bombed, it was a positive forum....

That said, here is the real issue, we the members are not the only people who visit this site, other guests (including family) fans and the public (world over I might add) in general alike do! and for them to come in here, see and read the immature, abusive, personal, childish sniping at each other (such as another poster put it, they're better behaved in kindergarten) content posted by you guys what the hell does that say? I ask if you were sittin in someones lounge havin a discussion round their coffee table, or in a cafe in public would you and others still be behavin in the manner you all have in here, I think not! you are all adults! so I say again, have a care and MIND YOUR GODDAMN MANNERS!

Cheers Iraklis

7 minutes ago, Iraklis said:

HappyS, clearly you have a personal prob with FTMuch this is not the forum to sort said issue! the real issue is we the members are not the only people who visit this site, other guests (including family) fans and the public (world over) in general alike do! and for them to come in here and see read the immature abusive personal childish sniping at each other (such as another poster put it, they're better behaved in kindergarten) content posted by you guys what the hell does that say? I ask if you were sittin in someones lounge havin a discussion round their coffee table, or in a cafe in public would you and others still be behavin in the manner you all have in here, I think not! so I say again, have a care and

I agree with your sentiments, Iralkis.

But just as one should not get personal, one should not be able to lie and get away with it as what does that say to members, family and general public?

Such is the way of the world I suppose, the one who retaliates to provocation always get in trouble these days.

When you have fallen out of character you are obviously an intelligent and well-connected man in this game, hence the character playing, so it is disappointing you do not bother to address the points I have made about the lies posted on here by him. You just brush them off like the others as though they were never said. I don't know what message that sends to anyone.

I give up.

HappyS, read my edited post (I pushed wrong button posted before I was finished) mate I do not need to address any of your points! or anyone elses for that matter, my views on here are my views - opinions alone, but I have made the observation that FTMuch aint the only person given to bullfert in here, and I say again your personal clash with another member in here is just that a personal issue best kept for private discussion, even if there is a dislike of another poster (for whatever reason) there is still no excuse for good ol bad manners.....

Furthermore, I would hope you are adult enough not to rise to any perceived provocation (its all a matter of perception my friend) thus avoiding any 'trouble', as to your view of my so called 'character' playing :rolleyes:, I am an ardent Harness fan, just love watchin harness horses run, boom that's it right there.....

Cheers Iraklis

It is disappointing this,and most threads,turn into a slagging match

Purdon/Rassmussan is clearly the leading stable who win the maximum amount of money for their owners, they spend big at the sales yet they get the returns. They do not turn up at the poorer stakes meeting for easy kills as they target the better money,this is clearly a successful business module and they dominate the juvenile racing

Dunn/Dunn target the smaller meetings to win their races and have a massive amount of runners all over the country ,which as a business they enjoy getting the float fees and driving fees and with nearly double the amount of starters they are doing well, they are about the number of winners and seem not concerned if the stake money is less as long as they win, they also spend a massive amount of money at the yearling sales.their module is successful for them

Both stables have their own agenda and are successful at what they target, Dunn/Dunn would clearly have more horses in work than Purdon/Rassmussan especially with two stables and both stables have horses pre trained by other trainers

You clearly forgot about trainers like B Purdon,B Hill, S Telfer ,F Cooney and the most forgotten trainer in S Reid or N McGrath strike ratethis season

I am sure if you give mayt trainers in nz either the horsepower of Purdon/Rassmussan or the massive numbers of Dunn/Dunn and the money either stable spend at the sales these trainers would also be regarded as our leading trainers. It is all about the numbers,quality and return

1 hour ago, rangi said:

It is disappointing this,and most threads,turn into a slagging match

Purdon/Rassmussan is clearly the leading stable who win the maximum amount of money for their owners, they spend big at the sales yet they get the returns. They do not turn up at the poorer stakes meeting for easy kills as they target the better money,this is clearly a successful business module and they dominate the juvenile racing

Dunn/Dunn target the smaller meetings to win their races and have a massive amount of runners all over the country ,which as a business they enjoy getting the float fees and driving fees and with nearly double the amount of starters they are doing well, they are about the number of winners and seem not concerned if the stake money is less as long as they win, they also spend a massive amount of money at the yearling sales.their module is successful for them

Both stables have their own agenda and are successful at what they target, Dunn/Dunn would clearly have more horses in work than Purdon/Rassmussan especially with two stables and both stables have horses pre trained by other trainers

You clearly forgot about trainers like B Purdon,B Hill, S Telfer ,F Cooney and the most forgotten trainer in S Reid or N McGrath strike ratethis season

I am sure if you give mayt trainers in nz either the horsepower of Purdon/Rassmussan or the massive numbers of Dunn/Dunn and the money either stable spend at the sales these trainers would also be regarded as our leading trainers. It is all about the numbers,quality and return

Dunn/Dunn have about a third of the number of horses Purdon has associated with their barn . Purdon far more horses in training - nearly  every horse is pre- trained before it makes Rolleston which has about 60 there .

Dunn / Dunn barns lucky to total sixty .

If every horse that entered Purdon barn versus enters Dunn barn and how many sighted at the races Dunn ( my opinion) would be miles ahead on starters to in trainers care / on books as a % ! 

How many different starters this season ? Be interesting too .

2 hours ago, LongOwner said:

Dunn/Dunn have about a third of the number of horses Purdon has associated with their barn . Purdon far more horses in training - nearly  every horse is pre- trained before it makes Rolleston which has about 60 there .

Dunn / Dunn barns lucky to total sixty .

If every horse that entered Purdon barn versus enters Dunn barn and how many sighted at the races Dunn ( my opinion) would be miles ahead on starters to in trainers care / on books as a % ! 

How many different starters this season ? Be interesting too .

Alot of the Allstars horses are tried and then shipped to Aus if not up to top tier NZ rscing.Most of the time still under same ownership.

This is successful for the owners as winning 10 races and 60k in Aussie much easier than in NZ.

Couple weeks ago at Geelong there were 9 ex Purdonn horses racing same night

51 minutes ago, Portfolio said:

We still waiting for drug case to be sorted, you know, the one where people sneak around drugging other stable runners, making them run faster??? 

YEAH RIGHT! 

Yep - maybe like the serum Mark got caught injecting but would not tell the authorities what was in it.

4 hours ago, Portfolio said:

We still waiting for drug case to be sorted, you know, the one where people sneak around drugging other stable runners, making them run faster???

Interesting Brosnan case is completed already, despite positives being well after the Nelson ones.  Maybe due to cobalt being more at the top end of the spectrum than caffeine?  However this was a first for the stable so again begs the question why some participants appear to get favours?

7 hours ago, richie said:

Alot of the Allstars horses are tried and then shipped to Aus if not up to top tier NZ rscing.Most of the time still under same ownership.

This is successful for the owners as winning 10 races and 60k in Aussie much easier than in NZ.

Couple weeks ago at Geelong there were 9 ex Purdonn horses racing same night

Agreed , of course there are Aussie owners as part of the stable and Mark being the master horseman will look to place the horses to the benefit of the Owners.

Last night Messini and Motu Meteor finished 1 and 2 in the A$30k Terang Cup !

I remember being in the Met Club synd about 10 years ago when MP trained a good horse called Texas Hold Em who had paid his way in 3 and 4 yr old season ,winning about 7 races and $90 k in stakes ,running in Group races and running places behind Auckland Reactor and co.I thought him a good horse.

I remember Mark telling the manager during 4 yr old season........" I think you should sell THE ,I have 6 better 4 yr olds in my stable ! "

And this was the time when S.Reid , G.Small , Tim Butt etc had some very good horses as well.

We ignored his advice , the horse did have a setback but 2 x seasons later he won, i think only one minor race and about $14k and no resale from memory.

He assesses horses ability and if a horse is limited it gives up its stable /box to one who may earn ,no matter who the owner.It's a business there is only so much room so fair enough.

Some lesser trainers naturally enough string the owners along with positive reports even though the horse has little hope at winning a race let alone to pay its way !

Let’s make this clear right now: platelet-rich plasma therapy is not blood doping.

In fact, PRP therapy, as it’s commonly called, is actually a safe and legal method to increase therecovery time from your sports injury.

What does that mean to you, the athlete who’s injured? It means you can return to a superior performing condition a lot faster than you could if you opted to have the injured area operated on.

In fact, PRP therapy is quickly becoming the gold standard for treating tendinitis, whether in the knee, shoulder or elbow.

US Center for Sports Medicine Logo
314-909-1666
Call Today!
  • RSS Feed
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google

Is Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy Blood Doping?

June 6, 2011

By now you’ve probably heard of the experimental treatment known as platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy used on ligament, muscle and tendon tears.

It was made famous by both Tiger Woods and Super Bowl wide receiver Hines Ward when they both received PRP injections that supposedly allowed them to recover from injuries quickly and perform in top shape.

As you can imagine, it’s creating quite a stir in the sports medicine community.

That’s not surprising.

Anytime a new treatment is used–and it’s extremely successful–people are suspicious and want to know if it’s legal. In fact, one of the most asked questions that I receive is this: “Is platelet rich plasma blood doping?”

The short answer is no, it’s not blood doping. Let me explain.

The Difference between PRP Therapy and Blood Doping

True blood doping occurs when an athlete has some of his blood removed, waits for a period of time so that his body will restore that lost blood and then injecting the drawn blood back into his body.

The benefit is a boost in oxygen-rich blood. Blood doping is illegal.

PRP therapy, on the other hand, occurs within the time it takes a doctor to draw blood, spin down that blood in a centrifuge so the growth factors and the platelets are concentrated into a serum and then injecting that serum back into the injured area of the athlete’s body.

And not only is this treatment completely legal but PRP therapy is one of the best ways to heal sports injuries without resorting to traditional methods like cortisone injections and surgery and the side-effects and long-term recovery periods these treatments demand.

Want to know more about the benefits of PRP therapy and how they can heal your sports injury? Either give us a call or visit our office in St. Louis. We look forward to hearing from you.

1 hour ago, Iraklis said:

LongOwner, wind yuh neck in just askin a question! no conveniently forgot anything thought you were making ref to something recent like in past couple of weeks! OK..and whats 'pre trail race'?

Lee, great info :)

Cheers Iraklis

Ignore him I Man, he has an obvious issue with AS team given how much he posts about them.