RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Mardy

Robert Dunn Vs All Stars.

10 hours ago, harewood said:

Brodie what defines loyal to NZ racing and what does a person/trainer do to be unloyal. Who is it that you know is more loyal to NZ harness and who is not. Please explain your reasons for this loyalty so we can understand who we should shun as I have no time for disloyalty.

Harewood, Point is that the Dunn’s train their horses for the benefit of their owners and racing in NZ.

Another Stable does do well for their loyal owners but by plundering the stakes of the major races in Australasia is not good for the harness industry in NZ, end of storey!! !

26 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Harewood, Point is that the Dunn’s train their horses for the benefit of their owners and racing in NZ.

Another Stable does do well for their loyal owners but by plundering the stakes of the major races in Australasia is not good for the harness industry in NZ, end of storey!! !

Double edged sword Brodie as the stakemoney won in Aussie gives their owners more money to spend in NZ eg Yearling sales, breeding,sponsorship etc..

I am sure that when Robert and John get suiteable horses they will take them to Aussie to race as well.

2 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Now if that isn't a dig at his business skills I don't know what is....there is no sugar coating it now no matter what spin you put on it basil and ftm

You can't categorically say that's what FTM was implying . Was the statement originally made in brackets?

27 minutes ago, LongOwner said:

How is the Natalie half carting cheating drive appeal going ? 

And there's still the elephant in the room that neither HRNZ or the RIU seem willing to put to bed....

Both stables should currently be on 47 wins apiece. Rule 1004 is black & white re presenting horses to race free from prohibited substances and regardless of extenuating circumstances or investigations the horses that returned positives in Nelson should have been relegated!  Larsen, Dalgety etc must be furious at the inconsistency - both were charged, their horses put out and in one case a significant fine, though it was acknowledged throughout that neither trainer was at fault.  We either have rules or we don't; discretion should be applied when deciding penalties but not in deciding whether (or not) to enforce the rules.  If this was in Aussie, or a involving a hobby trainer there is no doubt the outcome would have been very different.

All Stars come into their own as the juvenile racing ramps up but it looks like the Dunn stable also have some quality horsepower, plus plenty of nice horses to race on the circuits & undercards.  Each stable appears to have very loyal owners, so while their approach may be quite different they're both on the money meeting the needs of their clients.  Both have large syndicates, providing low cost options to introduce new owners to harness racing and should be applauded for their initiative. Trainers and drivers premierships could both end up being very close and competitive this season!

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Brodie I am confused by your comments. All stables are loyal to their clients and place their horses to the best to maximize their earning potential whether it be in NZ, Australia, USA or Scandinavia. That is why many stables have the same clients year after year, because they are loyal to them. 

Your inference then is that R Dunn has not been good for the NZ harness industry because he took Master Musician to Australia many times and "plundered the stakes of major races"  Just as many Australian horses have come over and won NZ Cups, Rowe Cups and many more races. Are they then disloyal in Australian Harness racing?

I am sure this is not what you meant so I think you should rephrase your comments and also explain who you are referring to as being disloyal and give reasons why.

"I know who is more loyal to NZ harness racing and does far more for the NZ industry"  It is not good enough to make random unsubstantiated comments such as that one without proven facts and justification.  

1 hour ago, tonkatime said:

You can't categorically say that's what FTM was implying . Was the statement originally made in brackets?

The answer is categorically no. So you have to ask the question , who altered it above in FU's reply and added the brackets. Pretty sad really.

16 minutes ago, harewood said:

Brodie I am confused by your comments. All stables are loyal to their clients and place their horses to the best to maximize their earning potential whether it be in NZ, Australia, USA or Scandinavia. That is why many stables have the same clients year after year, because they are loyal to them. 

Your inference then is that R Dunn has not been good for the NZ harness industry because he took Master Musician to Australia many times and "plundered the stakes of major races"  Just as many Australian horses have come over and won NZ Cups, Rowe Cups and many more races. Are they then disloyal in Australian Harness racing?

I am sure this is not what you meant so I think you should rephrase your comments and also explain who you are referring to as being disloyal and give reasons why.

"I know who is more loyal to NZ harness racing and does far more for the NZ industry"  It is not good enough to make random unsubstantiated comments such as that one without proven facts and justification.  

Seriously?

No point debating this in my mind!

Most people,have an opinion and both trainers do best for their owners!

Shouldnt be a mud slinging site and not going to enter that.

Both are extremely good trainers!

3 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

3 weeks suspension and $1500 fine, if I was the owner/trainer of either moonrock or San Carlo I would be mightily pissed off, totally took them out of the race at a crucial time, penalty should be doubled for appealing!

Yes, a lot of people backed them they were 70/1 each and would have annihilated Lazarus if Rasmussen hadn't hindered them.

She should get life.

1 hour ago, harewood said:

Yes seriously. You made the comments and when taken on about them wont back them up.

No mudslinging on my part.

If your going to say derogatory claims at least back up when challenged.

He is always going to struggle with that concept Harewood as he thinks he is always right.

40 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

He is always going to struggle with that concept Harewood as he thinks he is always right.

What a stupid comment Fart Too Much!

Of course I am always right, otherwise I wouldn’t have stated something would I?

LongOwner, regarding her appeal, Nat 'has a stay of proceedings until her appeal against the penalty is held.'  this is from AllStars website......

Brodie, the hell you are :rolleyes: always right funny dude......FlagU, are you seriously tryin to say those horses behind Nat were gunna run past her and The Rocks, seriously? another funny dude....look where they all finished up (they were all down on inside and had their chance to make ground), none of em made ground cept maybe MoonRocks (and he took the short course thru the gaps to finish 8th), Heaven Rocks (copped interference ran rough twice) had to eventually hook out and come 4 wide before puttin in bigtime and finishin a close up 3rd, hardly a cheatin drive LongOwner......

FarToMuch, I for the life of me cant see why FlagU and others are sayin there was summit derogatory or rude in it, I took it the same way Harewood did that the Dunns are smart in where they're placing their horses etc....guess it's all a matter of perception, if yuh wanna see negative an nasty, you will no matter what......

Cheers Iraklis

4 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

While we're on the subject perhaps you can remind us what my hard copy paid when recently beating Lazarus in Perth?

He paid $53.80 and will probably beat Lazarus all the time.

Lazarus 43-35-5-3. $3,663,438. MR 1.49

My Hard Copy 82-25-13-9. $1,223,162. MR 1.51.6.

Lazarus needs all the protection from these champions.

Rasmusson pulled back in the Freemantle cup to let Lazarus in but Purdon said he can sit 3 deep and still win, poor judge.

2 hours ago, Iraklis said:

LongOwner, regarding her appeal, Nat 'has a stay of proceedings until her appeal against the penalty is held.'  this is from AllStars website......

Brodie, the hell you are :rolleyes: always right funny dude......FlagU, are you seriously tryin to say those horses behind Nat were gunna run past her and The Rocks, seriously? another funny dude....look where they all finished up (they were all down on inside and had their chance to make ground), none of em made ground cept maybe MoonRocks (and he took the short course thru the gaps to finish 8th), Heaven Rocks (copped interference ran rough twice) had to eventually hook out and come 4 wide before puttin in bigtime and finishin a close up 3rd, hardly a cheatin drive LongOwner......

FarToMuch, I for the life of me cant see why FlagU and others are sayin there was summit derogatory or rude in it, I took it the same way Harewood did that the Dunns are smart in where they're placing their horses etc....guess it's all a matter of perception, if yuh wanna see negative an nasty, you will no matter what......

Cheers Iraklis

Ignore those Muppet's iraklis. Let them continue to post absolute nonsense so the rest of us can have a bit of fun and a laugh:D

5 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

While we're on the subject perhaps you can remind us what my hard copy paid when recently beating Lazarus in Perth?

Like wise , how much was Chicago Bull paying when you backed it and where did it finish in Inter dominions. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

3 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Cheers Iraklis

Half carting is cheating and has been since I have been involved in the sport .

Doesn’t matter what happens after - facts are she stopped anyone behind her been able to drive as they may have wanted . Illegal blocking - what else is it called.

1 hour ago, Fartoomuch said:

Let them continue to post absolute nonsense so the rest of us can have a bit of fun and a laugh:D

The arrogance and condescension continues though I have noticed from afar you have tried harder recently to not be such a git. 

Also, I should thank you Fartingtoomuch, since I have been trying really hard to not reply to your self-centred ego driven posts, this has improved my discipline when punting because if I can ignore your rubbish, I can ignore the temptation of betting on a false favourite with nothing but a reputation of wrongly being able to run.....which is exactly what you are

3 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Everyone has a breaking point happy, well done for lasting this long.:)

Yes, but feels like I have broken for more than 200 metres....

Dunns V Purdons? Both winners, Both contribute enormously in their own (and similar) ways. Both have things hanging over their heads which are highly debatable such as driving tactics, positive swabs and website articles. Those are things worth talking about on here without trashing the participants of the respective stables or the people who post on this forum. 

Alas, I cannot help myself when I see one or two post absolute garbage on here without a hint of reality. 

LongOwner, the decision on Nat's drive is under appeal! and I say again she didn't stop anyone at all, they all had the inside run on her and The Rocks, she however was on the outside at one point 4 wide, all of those 'affected' (your words) were in fact in the run home down inside her (she herself copped interference) and had their chance, just she had the horse with the big motor to pass em, even goin 4 wide down the outside....personally, I believe Nat was about to send the big fulla forward, but when she went to go he almost broke, hence she had to change tack......MHO

To the rest of you (and you know who I mean) MIND YUH GODDAMN MANNERS!!!! WHAT THE HELL'S WITH THE LOT OF YUH??!! YOU ARE ALL ADULTS I TAKE IT SO FRICKIN ACT LIKE IT, IF YOU HAVE TO RESORT TO PERSONAL INSULTS AND ABUSIVE LANGUAGE THEN YOU HAVE ALREADY LOST!!!! KNOCK IT THE HELL OFF!!!!!!

To the others, my apologies for the rant, but geezuz sometimes......

Cheers Iraklis

12 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

I'm trying to be nice to you since you have been going to AA (arseholes anonymous) and you have been trying hard, I know,  just can't help yourself though with the dunn comment, just ring the help line 0800idontgiveafuck

Im going to be gentle with you as its obvious to everyone except you and  Bordie that my original comment re R Dunn and business acumen was completely misconstrued by you and was in fact a positive comment. I could probably add your other supporter on here as well  but i wisely blocked him a while back.

In the interim go for your life with your bland and foul mouthed insults. Its a game i would never lower myself to play.