RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mike28

TE RAPA

5 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

They seemed to win from all over the place saturday and the best horses seemed to win most of the races so the track can't have been too shit??

who made ground from the turn 5 lengths off the leader? Nothing that I saw - first 3 on the turn dominated

1 hour ago, turny said:

Te Rapa is a shithole - awful leader bias - terrible mid track - terrible food and average facilities - close the shithole down

Barry you getting this:oif Chris Johnson rates it I’m sure he’ll change his tune:D

1 hour ago, turny said:

Mate The Rapa us poor & terrible track - leaders bias - just very average - go to Matamata - they have much better faculties and when the big track goes in - Te Rapa is gone, thank God

Not sure why Te Rapa would be gone if what you are saying is correct (which I doubt)..

1 hour ago, turny said:

who made ground from the turn 5 lengths off the leader? Nothing that I saw - first 3 on the turn dominated

Symptomatic of racing worldwide Turny, 80% of winners are in the first 4 turning for home.

However as Scooby alluded too above they came from everywhere on Saturday.

Races 2,3,4,7 &9 came from further back to win.

19 hours ago, barryb said:

Not sure why Te Rapa would be gone if what you are saying is correct (which I doubt)..

Te Rapa sitting on Prime land worth $200 Million+ ....is one good reason to shut it down. A state of the art all weather track with new facilities in Cambridge or Matamata could use a bit of a cash injection.
WAIKATO RACING INC
Waikato RC
Matamata RC
Cambridge JC
Waipa RC
Racing Te Aroha

37 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Help me understand why Te Rapa would fall on their sword and cash up for the industry ?

They’ve got a perfectly good club with a better than average track, and they owe Matamata and Cambridge nothing the way I see it.

We can't stay stuck in a Heavy 11 forever. We need to move forward for the betterment of the industry.  Im a bit of a traditionalist so its hard for me to suggest this... but its the way forward by sharing costs.

I'd sell Te Rapa immediately and eventually Waipa & Te Aroha. Two training facilities Cambridge & Matamata with one state of the art racetrack with modern bars, accommodation, restaurants, etc etc.

Here's my Stage 2 Suggestion....

AUCKLAND RACING INC
Auckland RC
Avondale JC
Counties RC
Pakuranga Hunt
Dargaville R.C
Whangarei R.C
Thames JC

I'd sell Avondale immediately and in time Thames JC & Whangarei R.C.... the sea will get it eventually anyway :o and probably sell Dargaville too. Two training facilities Counties & Byerley Park with one state of the art racetrack Ellerslie

NOTE: On second thoughts we could keep Counties as a B Class racetrack for weekday racing for horses rated 75 and below and one in the Waikato as well.

40 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

We can't stay stuck in a Heavy 11 forever. We need to move forward for the betterment of the industry.  Im a bit of a traditionalist so its hard for me to suggest this... but its the way forward by sharing costs.

I'd sell Te Rapa immediately and eventually Waipa & Te Aroha. Two training facilities Cambridge & Matamata with one state of the art racetrack with modern bars, accommodation, restaurants, etc etc.

I dont agree. Te Rapa serves a purpose that the track can normally handle rain with the sand. Cambridge is a training track and that is it really you have no grandstands or anything and it is a tight turning track.so to consider keeping that and converting it to an all weather would cost a lot more. Matmata I think is ideal for the all weather. As for closing Waipa and Te Aroha well Waipa struggle to run a meeting as most are in the winter months and it does get very wet or if it a dry year gets very hard. For Te Aroha i may be biased as my father was involved in the late 60s and early 70s.  I am also now on the committee. It serves a purpose as it does take a lot of the jumps meetings that no one else wants. If you come to our breeders day you would see the huge crowd we draw not so much when we had to transfer to Te Rapa. A lot of our industry days we can take 50 to 60000 on course because we have groups like Donogheys Baileys and Ecolab who fill the Battle Heights lounge up with 200 to 300 so therefor NZTR are getting good money from us over the totes. . Even some of the Sunday Jumps meeting take more than an average industry day meeting. What we need on course in people and punters to contribute to industry and I feel Te Aroha do that. We encourage people to come to our race meetings even though we are unfortunate not to have more than one Saturday. As i said yes I am biased because my my families long association with Te Aroha but one a nice day it is a lovely course with the great view of the mountain.

2 hours ago, army said:

I dont agree. Te Rapa serves a purpose that the track can normally handle rain with the sand. Cambridge is a training track and that is it really you have no grandstands or anything and it is a tight turning track.so to consider keeping that and converting it to an all weather would cost a lot more. Matmata I think is ideal for the all weather. As for closing Waipa and Te Aroha well Waipa struggle to run a meeting as most are in the winter months and it does get very wet or if it a dry year gets very hard. For Te Aroha i may be biased as my father was involved in the late 60s and early 70s.  I am also now on the committee. It serves a purpose as it does take a lot of the jumps meetings that no one else wants. If you come to our breeders day you would see the huge crowd we draw not so much when we had to transfer to Te Rapa. A lot of our industry days we can take 50 to 60000 on course because we have groups like Donogheys Baileys and Ecolab who fill the Battle Heights lounge up with 200 to 300 so therefor NZTR are getting good money from us over the totes. . Even some of the Sunday Jumps meeting take more than an average industry day meeting. What we need on course in people and punters to contribute to industry and I feel Te Aroha do that. We encourage people to come to our race meetings even though we are unfortunate not to have more than one Saturday. As i said yes I am biased because my my families long association with Te Aroha but one a nice day it is a lovely course with the great view of the mountain.

Agree with you and have been to many Te Aroha meetings over the years.  A great progressive club and committee. It would sadden me if that day had to come in the future but all clubs are going to defend themselves to death. Hard decisions need to be made. A new track in Cambridge or Matamata would need to be redesigned from the ground up. Remember we're not closing down clubs only some tracks. 

1 hour ago, Just Looking said:

I remember reading recently a study by someone on the injuries on the Te Rapa track and I note today Dijon Bleu and Kawi are now both added to those stats 

how much is is the track playing in this ? Or coincidence 

Seems to be happening to frequently on this track to be pure coincidence . I lost a promising galloper with a fetlock injury at Te Rapa also .