RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Time To Remember

Davey Mac???

First of all - I am a big fan of Davey Mac , but what was up with his commentary on the First race at Wyndham today??

Sounded like he was huffing and puffing??? and couldn't get the words out

then he called the favourite , leader and winner of the race  '''Master Lavros'' and a number of times in the call too

any thoughts people??

50 minutes ago, Time To Remember said:

First of all - I am a big fan of Davey Mac , but what was up with his commentary on the First race at Wyndham today??

Sounded like he was huffing and puffing??? and couldn't get the words out

then he called the favourite , leader and winner of the race  '''Master Lavros'' and a number of times in the call too

any thoughts people??

Yeah was at the local TAB when that race was running and a few of us were wondering what was going on - he seemed to be struggling for breath throughout the call - several noticeable pauses.  Didn't hear any subsequent races so not sure if it continued.  I remember a thread a while back suggesting he was struggling.  Hope everything is ok with him.

16 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Yes I suppose he just had that good trotter master lavros on his mind, majestic/master, easily forgivable.......however Aaron white in the otaki cup...I only listened to it in the car on the radio, he called the winner classy american first and preceded to give its life's history before announcing 2nd 3rd and 4th I wish he would give punters who listen on the radio the placed horses as they go over the line before wanking on and on about the winner.

You are right about Aaron, has got a good commentators voice but does need to call the race without the verbal diarrhoea.

Punters want the placings and not the life history and theatrics that he spurts out!

Canterbury is spoilt with Mark MacNamara and Matt Cross and daylight to third!

15 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Yes I suppose he just had that good trotter master lavros on his mind, majestic/master, easily forgivable.......however Aaron white in the otaki cup...I only listened to it in the car on the radio, he called the winner classy american first and preceded to give its life's history before announcing 2nd 3rd and 4th I wish he would give punters who listen on the radio the placed horses as they go over the line before wanking on and on about the winner.

If you didn't know any better  you might reach the conclusion that he backed it:rolleyes:

21 hours ago, Brodie said:

You are right about Aaron, has got a good commentators voice but does need to call the race without the verbal diarrhoea.

Yeah agree he has a good voice to listen to, like Dan Mielicki.  Its a tough job and I take my hat off to them, but Aaron just lacks a bit of pizzazz, that injection of excitement with " colour commentary". "All dressed up with nowhere to go" , becomes monotonous to say the least.  Mark Mc  has it , but I suppose being Australian gives him a head start for colorful language.

On 2/4/2018 at 10:21 PM, Flagship uberalles said:

He wanks on n on without it being a winner.

oh well tonight , we get too hear abut DJB , The Chief , the Iceman , the magicman , the wizard , Scotty and more 

and not too forget all dressed up and no where too go

on another note , good too see Davey Mac back too his best 

at Southland Greys on Tuesday

and Southland Gallops today

Dave sounded out of breath again calling Race 1 at Gore today but mystery solved. He told Peter Earley that he has a knee problem that is extremely painful and the pain is so bad it affects his breathing and speech. Due to have an operation on the knee in next few weeks.