RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
barryb

Rodeo incident at Martinborough

A bull broke it leg the other night and was euthanised. Firstly is this seriously mainstream news anyway? the worry is this same group are targeting Dogs/Jumps Racing & if they ever get successful here then the target changes. Have a read of some of the posts in the comments section, its scary how some of these people think.  Below is my post that so far hasn't made it past moderation (I wonder why).

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/101155386/bull-breaks-leg-before-being-euthanised-in-appalling-incident-at-martinborough-rodeo

In NZ today (like most Western societies) there is a very small but very vocal anti everything group whose sole response to any challenges is to ban or remove it. This group has strong access to the media & are over represented in social media as well, for the 2-3% of the population they comprise.

Moderate mainstream NZ constantly having this rammed down their throats follows the principle of hearing something long enough it becomes reality.
The silent majority are intelligent & objective enough to resist this constant tirade of propaganda.
This group is anti everything to do with animals for entertainment (& consumption), the reality is: Animals get hurt in there natural environments & on farm everyday, calls for banning because its animal cruelty & abuse is absurd. In the vast majority of cases people working with animals for entertainment or a living, respect, love and care for them far greater than society does.
Logic evades these naysayers who wish to restrict,ban, remove anything they don't agree with because of a freak accident. As we become a more unbanised population we get further away from life in a rural environment & the reality & frequency of animal injury and death
Perhaps if this group focused more on researching many of the imported meat alternative food products they consume and the environmental destruction around the world as a result of them then they would be free to throw stones.

Always going to be a tough one and the animal rights people are going to eat this up. Alternatively not a word was mentioned about a horse subsequently put down after the Wellington Cup. While it's sad for racing people I guess animal rights don't watch trackside or they'd be right onto that too.

After the bull had been given its last breath..

the Rodeo-organisers shouldve cut the meat up and made burgers for those who helped make the Rodeo a successful day!!

waste nothing!! celebrate the life of a bull who died so we could eat LOL

really give the Animal rights nutters something to cry about LOL

3 hours ago, 6xes said:

After the bull had been given its last breath..

the Rodeo-organisers shouldve cut the meat up and made burgers for those who helped make the Rodeo a successful day!!

waste nothing!! celebrate the life of a bull who died so we could eat LOL

really give the Animal rights nutters something to cry about LOL

You are a fucking strange fella.

You still burning butterflies with a magnifying glass?.

Whilst I agree with you about the Animal Rights nutters, I have lumped you in the cronic Trump appologist nutter camp & a religious looney too boot.