RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
shelley

New all weather track.

And you arent concerned about the money we are owed and long overdue,to be paid.as i recall,due to the """virus that struck the Horses,Do you see any of the Gallop'people pushing for us to get that money,No do any off them care No,

20 hours ago, shelley said:

And you arent concerned about the money we are owed and long overdue,to be paid.as i recall,due to the """virus that struck the Horses,Do you see any of the Gallop'people pushing for us to get that money,No do any off them care No,

I think you have to blame our own board for not spelling out the terms proberly ...and thats in the past and if again our board had some b.lls we would have sorted it....my point still stands on the present any loss of any race meeting effects us all in the pockets...so i have no problem seeing a all weather horse track as i enjoy watching quality horses racing....

32 minutes ago, bus stop said:

With the another race meeting  abandoned at Auckland today I say the board needs to find some funds to improve drainage at both Auckland and Cambridge to many trainers lively hoods are being affected 

whats the point of getting a new one when the current one's aren't maintained properly. they have had months to sort this issue out and still have done nothing. had less meetings abandoned on grass tracks

Apparently the Auckland drainage issue is nothing to do with the track but to do with the covers over the boxes and drains to take this stormwater away are blocked forcing the water to run across the track and washing it away.

Who knows why ? But irrespective why weren't they cleaned out or unblocked or aren't they done regularly to prevent this happening. I'm sure this has occurred on more than one occasion in the past so lessons should have been well learned.

it was only three weeks ago that another Auckland meeting was almost called off because the water truck had a puncture and it was only a last minute rescue bid by trainers who hired a water cart from a local service station that enabled the meeting to proceed. 

As for Cambridge I don't believe it has a drainage problem either - it simply comes down to the new track manager still basically being in a learning phase and not being able to ascertain the proper water content in the surface. Thursday's track was probably the worst I'd ever witnessed there it was underconsoildated, underwatered and therefore too dry and loose.  

Regardless someone needs to be held accountable for not ensuring the correct remedial work and or training is undertaken to avoid these types of situations happening.

4 minutes ago, Flabbergasted said:

Apparently the Auckland drainage issue is nothing to do with the track but to do with the covers over the boxes and drains to take this stormwater away are blocked forcing the water to run across the track and washing it away.

Who knows why ? But irrespective why weren't they cleaned out or unblocked or aren't they done regularly to prevent this happening. I'm sure this has occurred on more than one occasion in the past so lessons should have been well learned.

it was only three weeks ago that another Auckland meeting was almost called off because the water truck had a puncture and it was only a last minute rescue bid by trainers who hired a water cart from a local service station that enabled the meeting to proceed. 

As for Cambridge I don't believe it has a drainage problem either - it simply comes down to the new track manager still basically being in a learning phase and not being able to ascertain the proper water content in the surface. Thursday's track was probably the worst I'd ever witnessed there it was underconsoildated, underwatered and therefore too dry and loose.  

Regardless someone needs to be held accountable for not ensuring the correct remedial work and or training is undertaken to avoid these types of situations happening.

paid out on blocked drains so obviously an issue

43 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

paid out on blocked drains so obviously an issue

Not yet paying out...only recommended by stipe...aucklands problem is simple to solve ...it comes down to 2 people who have no control and no staff mamagment skills at all....sorry its gone on for to long.

Agree with above comment. Very unprofessional from the club. They never apply any maintenance, just dealing with problems as they occur. We need a committee with a few more balls. I commend Haily Mullane with the initiative she took. Just because we might get a payout, doesn't mean that the problems are solved. We're so close to the Auckland Cup. And Mr. Wood, our problems might not be as big as yours, but to us they are just as important. 

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

Genuine question here, is there any reason why Karen Walsh doesn't race any of her dogs at Manakau?

Because her dogs are broken in on the two turn tracks (Cambridge) I think.. so they race better on the two turn tracks (Cambridge and Palmy)

2 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Genuine question here, is there any reason why Karen Walsh doesn't race any of her dogs at Manakau?

In a perfect world, I do not think anyone would race there. The tracks appalling. Been consistently awful since they put the new sand on it one or two years ago and heightened the canvas of the track (which was a terrible decision). And whenever anyone complains. its always the same old excuses like no one else has complained (which is rubbish) or they will/are fixing it.

I also believe the last time she went to Manukau, the lure broke down on one of her leading NZ cups contenders due to the faulty rail issue at the time that no one had tried to fix since the week before that trial.

The Auckland club has well and truly become the laughing stock of the country. Something needs to change up there and fast.