RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Kotare_Hunter

All Weather Track

2 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Which of the abandoned meetings in 2018 would have gone ahead if NZ already had an all weather track ?

My guess is, if it is going to be based in the Waikato, none of the latest round of cancellations would have been moved and thus saved.

However, racing [and training] will be able to continue during their normally very wet winter and spring and that is were the majority of horses are trained these days.

P.S. I am not in support of an AWT. I would like to see all tracks, or more importantly the strategic tracks, get help with improving what they have got, as they surely need it.

There are 101 questions.  

Who decides the venue/location?  Using what criteria?  Who stumps up the capital (in what proportions)?  Who owns it, maintains it, underwrites its ultimate replacement?  Is it to be available year round for meetings, trials, and trackwork (for resident trainers, or all-comers)?   Will it cater for jumps racing?  Will it be left handed, right handed, both?  Will changes to the Racing Act be required to accommodate it?  Etc etc.

Bailey Rogerson might be the only current trainer to see it happen in their lifetime.