RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Peter Jenkins

Summer-Autumn Trans-Tasman Super Comp Results Thread

Race-10    2 FRench Emotion    $99.00    Quin    6 Tahanee    $225.40
Scratched            Subs        

Betty    $98.20    ~~~    $279.00    Sarah    
Robert    $151.00    ~~~    $338.00    Sam    
PJ    $301.00    ~~~    $25.00    Moose    
Dave    $163.80    ~~~    $168.00    Rosina    
Graeme    $296.00    ~~~    $214.00    Korio    

Total    $1,010.00    ~~~    $1,024.00        

Matches    2-3   

Subject to PJ Audit

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE DARK HORSES

Well done, team 'The Rubiks'

You got in the decisive stride, courtesy of Captain Cubes, and 'French Emotion'  !  Top stuff. A thoroughly deserved win in a magnificent game. The lead changed 5 times !!

Great effort from all participants in this high-scoring match.  Team Aggregates don't count in 'sudden death' matchplay, but the aggregates were impressive.A pleasure to have taken part in this match.

'The Rubiks' v ''Ad Augusta'

... after R10

'The Rubiks'                3   ( $ 1979.20)

'Ad Augusta'               2   ( $  1537.40)

• Roland            (R)     $  914.00       beat  Cat     (AA)    $ 397.80
  • Cubes             (R)      $  353.20      beat Casper (AA)   $ 309.80
  • Geoff              (R)       $  284.20      beat Tom     (AA)   $ 151.80
  • Wrinkles         (AA)    $  504.00      beat Kloppite (R)   $ 264.00
  • Howie             (AA)    $  174.00      beat  Hesi     (R)     $ 163.80 

The very best of luck to Cubes, Geoff, Kloppite, Roland, and Hesi (The Rubiks) in the Grand Final next Saturday. You deserve to be there, and on today's showing you'll have a great chance. I'd like to see Geoff win another Championship.

Thank you very much to my Magnificent 'Ad Augusta' team-mates Cat, Casper, Tom and Wrinkles ! You played so very well throughout the series, and we went so very close today to making the Grand Final. Close but no cigar.A Minor Premiership win is a good consolation anyway. Cheers, fellas ...would love to be in a team with you guys again.

Thanks very much PJ for a wonderful competition ...for your very hard work and for the enjoyment you give us.

Cheers, all.

Big thanks Peter J for this fabulous comp

Big thanks to our Captain Howie for all his insightful posts and taking us this far

Also to my other team mates Tom Cat ha ha tom cat Wrinkles 

Big thanks to John for filling in admirably

But most of all a big thanks to Cubes for ruining my night!!:angry:

Cheers  over and definitely OUT!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Kloppite said:

ps.  Wrinkles - nice tipping with the CWJ roughie!

Kloppite , hi ,

Thank you for your kind consideration's. 

Heartiest , congratulation's to you and your fellow Team Member's , Cubes , Geoff ,Hesi  and  Roland on your outstanding win.

Sincere best wishes and the very best of good luck to you all in next weekend's Grand Final.

God Bless.

It has been  a pleasure to play in Team  AD  AUGUSTA   with my fellow  Team Member's Catalano , Casper , Howie  and Tom.

Howie , your weekly analysis are a joy to read. Your  input's  are  always produced in a most  passionate and professional  way.  Howie , you should be very proud of your Captaincy.  Young man , well done !

Team  AD  AUGUSTA , you all  make the entire PJ's Tipping Competition process seem effortless and are always there  to support each other in a most positive manner. 

Once again ,  congratulation's PJ  on another marvellous Tipping Competition.  Peter , you make  the whole process seamless, easy and fun to play each week.  Thanks again !

Folk's , thank you   all  for  the Tipping Competition fun and friendship's.

God Bless.

STATS 

Best Scores
914.00 Roland

504.00 Wrinkles

397.80 Catalano

Worst Scores 

151.00 Robert

98.20 Betty

25.00 Moose

Biggest Winning Margin
914.00 Roland

397.80 Catalano

Narrowest Winning Margin

168.00 Rosina

163.80 Dave

Highest Losing Score

397.80 Catalano

Lowest Winning Score
168.00 Rosina

9 hours ago, Peter Jenkins said:

Do the AAs and Betzas want a 3rd place playoff ?

Hi, PJ.

Thank you for the offer of a 3rd-place playoff, however speaking for myself I'm happy to settle for 3rd = and share a Bronze Medal with Betza Grand --- as we Ad Augusta pretty much said our goodbyes after yesterday's big match and I'd prefer to leave it all there, kick back now and see the focus solely on the two worthy Grand Finalists 'The Rubiks' and the 'Dark Horses' next Saturday. I'll enjoy a spectator's seat for one week. I really don't know PJ how you (and John who is a brilliant backup) manage the scoring and updates for 4 matches each Saturday in such a professional and timely manner - you both have my utmost respect - because I really was fully-stretched with just the one match yesterday. I'm worn out :D

24 minutes ago, Lewisey said:

Thanks PJ but happy to share 3rd

Thanks for the Comp

Enjoy

Tom

Tom, you have undergone a name change?
It has taken a while to correlate the site names versus first names that PJ uses, and now you have thrown another curly in for the next comp. I had got used to Tom Turkey (Turny) to help remember.

Things were looking a little dire at about R5 yesterday. We were -200 on 3 matches and looking at the head of a fairly large python. Then Roland produced one of those $91 winners that made Catalano's day and things swung from there. Sorry Cat, many of us have been there - often! Howie's "rooster to feather duster" quote sprung to mind.

So we are happy to be in the final. Two weeks ago we were 5th and would have been happy to have got in the finals. So we are claiming major underdog status and hope Roland has another biggie hand grenade to toss in the Dark Horses direction next week. Rotorua & Morphetteville seem the ideal place for those :)
I suspect Skelly is looking at Cubemeister's last race winner yesterday (again)  and thinking.. (sensored).

A big thanks to Howie for keeping us entertained yesterday. He was ever the optimist right up until the end. I am surprised a quick R11 was not added to the program yesterday.

Geoff

Bad luck Howie and the Ad Augustas, you had it won comfortably.  I would have been ready to concede, but then longshot Cam's nemesis Roly, came along and put us back in the game. then just when it seemed we might miss by a few pixels(10.2 pts to be exact), the good old skip brings it on home.

Now that's going to really confuse you Geoffrey:D

Mrs Cubes reminded Cubity to be a good sport and give some Shout Outs to the Minor Prems "Ad Augustas"...

Catalano....former Thunderbird #1...Scott...in Professor Jenkins first ever draft format.....Cubes first ever draft pick......

8 and 6 going into the semi.....All you did was pick the first 4 winners and the last....Both BB's come home ....quinella in the 2nd....

Tough to defend a 92-1 shot

Wrinkles.....caused the Cubemeister and the Kloppinator serious aggrevation.....$504 in a semi-final.....wisdom there foresure....

Howie..legend..'nuff said

Tom/Turny...BB play in the last...Minor premier....class all the way...bad luck  up against Lastof40 who in all  PJcompetitioningness has probably the bestest recordness...

Casper....Picked the first , quinella the second , BB quinella the third , picked the fourth...put The Cubemeister in a two hundred buck hole.....

Awesome comp , just joking Howie , five lead changes ,  a semi-final for the ages....

Edited by Cubes
Grammar

Editorial.....

I have been asked by a number of people including the owners of both sites (this one and the "new" one) where I will operate my Super Comps from in future. In short I have not made a decision or given an answer to anyone.

I understand the issues involved in what has caused a break-away site and also the grievances of the current site owner. I don't want to enter into a debate on either of those here.

I find it sad that I am basically being asked to CHOOSE between one site or the other not only by the owners of the sites but by their supporters. Quite frankly the more pressure which is poured on me from either faction the less likely I will be to continue with the super comps at all. I hope you can understand my reaction. At the end of the day the comps are about having fun both for participants and for myself, the organizer. Once the fun is gone, it's like a marriage, what's the point ?

It was pointed out to me by someone else recently that the Super Comps (now in operation for somewhere around a decade) are actually an institution or to put it another way, a community. Something many people look forward to each week, a ritual not huge in it's importance but significant in it's place in people's familiar routine every week. Modesty has perhaps prevented me from acknowledging this in the past. For this reason and my own enjoyment I would like to see the Super Comps continue until I am no longer able to because of time or personal constraints.

What frustrates me most about the current situation is that both site owners want exclusivity. I understand that for them, the sites are a business but they sometimes miss the point that for participants it is for enjoyment and entertainment only. Personally I don't want to be restricted to one site exclusively and therefore excluded from the other. I think that position is draconian and bordering on social facism. Unfortunately the behaviour of some participants has steeled the owners into this position. If there were 5 similar sites I would like the opportunity to participate at all 5. Imagine if Coles (Kiwis think Countdown) and Woolies each insisted that you could only shop with them at the exclusion of the other store. Would you be happy about that ? I think not.

Each site (and the comps that are included on them) should stand alone and attract participation based on their appeal. Personally I find some comps simply too complicated or badly organized which for me means I can't be bothered participating. I have limited time on a Saturday morning (who would have guessed) so this also cuts down spare time for me to participate. 

At this stage I have not made a decision. I also have the option of running the comps via say Facebook or even Brian's regular comp site. I don't want to offend anyone but at the same time if i get subjected to much more pressure on where to host future comps I will just go dog and jack it in. 

Please comment if you wish, but be respectful to the site owner (as per the rules of participation). 

Here at Race Café we totally understand the general feeling in relation to your Super Comps Peter . The support from your Super Comps in the past with us has always been greatly appreciated.

We acknowledge that it is an integral party part of everything which has made this site and the comps the success that they are today. In fact the two have grown exponentially over the past years. The competition  has created fun and immense enjoyment  for all those involved.  We look forward to this relationship continuing to go from strength to strength in the future with our strong membership under-pinning its success and your continued enjoyment from it.

GRAND FINAL

Race 1 - Rotorua R1

1st - 1 Karisto W-$2.10  

2nd - 8 Ladynadel Q-$5.00

Scr: 2

2 THE RUBIKS 94.00

1 THE DARK HORSES 94.00 

All bar Moose and Rubiks pair Roland and Kloppite on the winning fave while Hesi and Sarah snagged the quinella with Geoff adding a BB as the Rubiks take an early lead

0.00 Kloppite

0.00 Moose

42.00 Geoff

21.00 Korio

31.00 Hesi

21.00 Rosina

21.00 Cubes

21.00 Skelly

0.00 Roland

31.00 Sarah

GRAND FINAL

Race 2 - Rotorua R2

1st - 1 Admiral W-$5.20  

2nd - 9 Ambitious Winner Q-$8.00

Scr: nil

2 THE RUBIKS 146.00

2 THE DARK HORSES 198.00 

Only Kloppite for The Rubiks and Dark Horses pair Skelly and Moose on the Te Awamutu visitor. Skelly pulls ahead of Cubes to draw the Dark Horses level.

52.00 Kloppite

52.00 Moose

42.00 Geoff

21.00 Korio

31.00 Hesi

21.00 Rosina

21.00 Cubes

73.00 Skelly

0.00 Roland

31.00 Sarah

In the 3rd (barring quinellas):

The Rubiks go one up with Epae Road (Kloppite)

The Rubiks go two up with Raise The Phantom or Touch of Silver (Roland)

The Dark Horses go one up with Korakonui (Moose)

The Dark Horses go two up with He's No Saint (Rosina) or Remind Me Again (Korio) or Suliman (Korio - if Suliman is the sub)